Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,578 members, 7,837,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Smoky Engine After Oil Change - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Smoky Engine After Oil Change (330 Views)

Remedy For Smoky Car Engine / 2011 Infinity G25x Oil Change / Signup Today And Get A FREE General Vehicle Inspection Or Oil Change ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smoky Engine After Oil Change by Lawalemi(m): 10:04pm On Apr 04, 2021
I have Mazda Premacy (2000 Model) that is barely 2 years old.

Recently I changed the engine oil due to high cost of the one I use. Only for mechanic to return it with smoky engine and with excuse that it's because I changed the engine oil to a different one.

I've drained the oil after a month and the engine is still smoky even with the new type of oil that I'm starting with.

It's a car that I take to work but not much lately due to Covid.

Please advise on how to stop the smoke.
Re: Smoky Engine After Oil Change by dawnomike(m): 11:16pm On Apr 04, 2021
Lawalemi:
I have Mazda Premacy (2000 Model) that is barely 2 years old.

Recently I changed the engine oil due to high cost of the one I use. Only for mechanic to return it with smoky engine and with excuse that it's because I changed the engine oil to a different one.

I've drained the oil after a month and the engine is still smoky even with the new type of oil that I'm starting with.

It's a car that I take to work but not much lately due to Covid.

Please advise on how to stop the smoke.
which oil were you using before you changed to a new one and which one did you you change to? Let's start from there
Re: Smoky Engine After Oil Change by tonididdy(m): 11:44pm On Apr 04, 2021
The engine will adjust
Re: Smoky Engine After Oil Change by Lawalemi(m): 8:42am On Apr 05, 2021
dawnomike:
which oil were you using before you changed to a new one and which one did you you change to? Let's start from there
I was using Gulf before changing to one uncommon name. The seller stated that it's the same quality with Gulf before the smoke began.
The present one is Mobil X1

(1) (Reply)

Hyundai Santa FE 2010 (tokunbo) / 6 Months Used ML 350. 2010 MODEL. / Neatly Used Camry 2007 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.