Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Re: Attack On Imo Police Head Quarters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Attack On Imo Police Head Quarters (363 Views)

Nigerian Army Reacts To Foiled Attack On Imo Police Area Command / Fada Oluoma Reacts To Supreme Court Verdict On Imo Election / Markus Ishaku Basiran Replaces Yomi Shogunle As Police Head Of Complaint Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: Attack On Imo Police Head Quarters by OdumegwuOjukwu: 9:40am On Apr 05, 2021
It has emerged that some gunmen attack Police Head Quarters in Imo State, burnt some of their building and subsequently freed some prisoners.

I condemn this attack in strongest term, just as I always condemn police/army brutality against unarmed civilians in the South East and beyond. This is a dark day. This cycle of violence should end.

My theory still remains that this is the handwork of ISIS/Boko Haram, who might have infiltrated the SE. I really doubt it's ESN or Igbo Armed groups, because anarchy in itself is never an endgame for people of the East. If anarchy is the tactics to be used, then it's usually accompanied by political statement. Absent political statements/demands accompanying such use of force, then the whole effort is a waste. Perhaps the orchestrators don't want to to tagged 'terrorist'. That could explain the fact that no one has claimed responsibility. Nnamdi Kanu, though habours misgivings against the Nigeria Army for the role they played trying to assassinate him, and has been vehement against their presence in the too many checkpoints and roadblocks in the South East Zone. I doubt he has expressed such vitriolic against the police. If anything, he had reserved some of his choice words for the killer fulani herdsmen who have made our forest the staging grounds, our farms their stomping grounds, and our people targets for their depravity and barbarity. For this reason he had formed and currently crowd funding the ESN, to mitigate their frequent attacks, and personal and food insecurity associated with it. ESN, from available information weren't formed to attack security personnel, especially the police.

The beneficiary of these attack against police formations (excluding the check points) would be mainly criminals and would be criminals, who will become emboldened. If Police and Army abandon the check points and retreat to the safety of their barracks and official domain, I think they should be allowed to do their job peaceful. IPOB/ESN are smart enough to know that we need security in the South East (in form of police at the very least), so I doubt they will cut the nose to spite their face. If the Police are not there, who will tackle petty thieves, criminals, and other violent crimes? It doesn't bode well, in short or long term. Unless those who are doing these want to replace the police. And who will they account to?

Since these gunmen have not identify themselves, or made any demand that makes it difficult to fit these attacks into any meaningful pattern or endgame. Until their demands are known, I would stick with my theory that this is ISIS/Boko Haram (as this fit into their current format).

We have to be vigilant. I hope IPOB/ESN and people co-ordinate with security agents to unravel the source of these attacks, as only criminal will benefit from absence of security personnel.

Let justice and peace reign.
Re: Re: Attack On Imo Police Head Quarters by History555: 9:45am On Apr 05, 2021
Which iswap, this is handwriting of hope uzodinma. This police hq is on the same street as govt house, dss state quarters, mopol unit, armoury of police, and army barracks without traffic is 10mins away. Do you know the number of military and police checkpoints on the road
Abeg this is inside job of state govt
Re: Re: Attack On Imo Police Head Quarters by OdumegwuOjukwu: 9:59am On Apr 05, 2021
History555:
Which iswap, this is handwriting of hope uzodinma. This police hq is on the same street as govt house, dss state quarters, mopol unit, armoury of police, and army barracks without traffic is 10mins away. Do you know the number of military and police checkpoints on the road
Abeg this is inside job of state govt

How will destruction of Police Head Quarters benefit the Supreme Court Governor? Won't he be need security to enable him govern?

(1) (Reply)

Angolan National Oil, Gas And Biofuels Agency (ANPG) Opens Congo And K / Six 6 Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Nigeria / Naf Is Losing Too Many Valuable Crew Members In Just 6months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.