Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Tension In Jos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In Jos (4652 Views)

Tension In Ondo Community Over Pipeline Attacks-the Nation / Tension In Jos As Election Tribunal Set To Rule On Plateau Gov. Elec. Today / CNN Breaking News:Tension in South East over Biafra agitation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension In Jos by itsmayiela(m): 12:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
My girlfriend just called me from Jos to say that tension has begun around Terminus area of the city. There have been gunshots in the area but she could not ascertain where it was coming from (due to the helter skelter movement). Lets pray for 9ja
Re: Tension In Jos by Sunofgod(m): 12:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
JOS, Nigeria, April 18 (Reuters) - Soldiers fired into the air in the central Nigerian city of Jos on Monday and military helicopters flew overhead to disperse youths protesting against the election victory of President Goodluck Jonathan.

A Reuters reporter said people were running away from protests in the Muslim neighbourhoods of the city. (Reporting by Shuaibu Mohammed; Writing by Nick Tattersall; Editing by Matthew Tostevin)

http://af.reuters.com/article/commoditiesNews/idAFLDE73H0W820110418
Re: Tension In Jos by marocguy(m): 1:04pm On Apr 18, 2011
even kano is hot nw with riot
Re: Tension In Jos by gentlem80(m): 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2011
were ni awon people i sha, That is what these mallams are known for-violence. I just pray for thr unity of the country after this election
Re: Tension In Jos by matty1024: 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2011
I wonder why people are so myopic!
Ask yourself why Buhari children are
not part of these protest/killings?
I put it to you that his children are
either in his home or out of the
country.

We should learn how to accept defeat
when we are defeated. Election should
not be DO or DIE thing!

Buhari, please come out and talk to your
supporters. Make them understand that
the existence of this our great country
is very important to all, irrespective of
tribe/religion.

people will respect you the more if only
you will do this sacrifies- Thanks in advance!
God bless nigerian.
Re: Tension In Jos by skydeexie(m): 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2011
Now the question is, why are they protesting after winning all their so-called sharia states in a free and fair election?
Matter of fact is Jonathan should be commended for not interfering in this election.

Meanwhile, Jos city centre is calm, Soldiers are fully on ground even though one can see smoke rising up from around Sarkin Mangu St. area - meaning that some buildings or the main COCIN Church on that street near Kwararafa Cinema might have been torched.
Banks hurriedly closed their premises as a result of the tension.
Re: Tension In Jos by obongtunji: 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2011
When is this stupidity goin 2 end. Dont we hav rite 2 vote 4 our choiced kandidate again
Re: Tension In Jos by EzeUche2(m): 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2011
gentlem80:

were ni awon people i sha, That is what these mallams are known for-violence. I just pray for thr unity of the country after this election

Why pray for the unity of this country, when these people always riot? I am getting tired of it. These riots have been happening for over 70 years!
Re: Tension In Jos by legba1(m): 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
The hausa race is becoming a torn in our flesh as a nation.They see themselves as born to rule and anything to the contrary,they are already on the streets chanting and causing violence. since they claim to have the largest population in naija,hot come they didnt use that to their advantage,afterall,politics is a game of number.yeye fowls
Re: Tension In Jos by StudioCFR(m): 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
useless people
Re: Tension In Jos by bisiaet: 1:37pm On Apr 18, 2011

No need of praying for them my brother we are tired of this people. If this people does not in their life understand a simple thing like PEACE then why wasting time praying for them? Is of no use at all.
Re: Tension In Jos by Odunnu: 1:37pm On Apr 18, 2011
May it end in only tension! No more Bloodshed father!
Re: Tension In Jos by Sweetnecta: 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2011
@ezeUche; « #7 on: Today at 01:20:27 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: gentlem80 on Today at 01:08:59 PM

Why pray for the unity of this country, when these people always riot? I am getting tired of it. These riots have been happening for over 70 years!
[/Quote]are for real in the bold?
70 years of right, man? tell me when was the first so that i know you can calculate 70 years?

if this was not a serious issue, i was going to say that you are too skiddish. not firm on your feet at all.
imagine that yoruba people just this moment wish to get out of nigeria. how are you going to beat them down so that they can remain in, when a mere riot in the north get you tired out? i do pray no more war in nigeria, because one is one too many for us who experienced it.

dont respond to the yoruba issue part. i write it so that you can think about what you said on thread where you think you are the king of the road. but please let me know how you get 70 years of northern riot. that will be 1941 or 1940 as the year of the first riot.
Re: Tension In Jos by Ojumiii(m): 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2011
Load, Let There Peace In Nigeria
Re: Tension In Jos by Henrinquo: 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
ITS FUNNY HOW NAIJA BE SELF, NOW CHECK THIS OUT AT THIS MOMENT, TUNE IN TO NTA DEY SHOW ONE NONSENSE DRAMA, SILVERBIRD DEY DWELL OF ARTISTES PROFILE, CHANNELS DEY TRY BUT FEAR NO LET THEM NEAR THE PLACE, MITV, DEY SHOW FOREIGN PROGRAM, WHERE ARE WE HEADING TO, WHEN PPL DON DIE FINISH WE GO COME DEY SEE DEAD BODY FOR STREET, WHALA DEY OOO
Re: Tension In Jos by InHim4Him(m): 2:10pm On Apr 18, 2011
Bakare must be happy and satisfied to see the churches burning. He can see that he has never been in sympathy with the things of God hitherto. His botched prophecies and his unequal yoke shows clearly where he has always belonged.

When shall we call a spade a spade? Where are the authorities in Nigeria - the police and their friends. I hope they are on top of the situation watching the madness in Kano and other places.
Re: Tension In Jos by chrishenzo: 2:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
Henrinquo:

ITS FUNNY HOW NAIJA BE SELF,   NOW CHECK THIS OUT AT THIS MOMENT, TUNE IN TO NTA DEY SHOW ONE NONSENSE DRAMA, SILVERBIRD DEY DWELL OF ARTISTES PROFILE, CHANNELS DEY TRY BUT FEAR NO LET THEM NEAR THE PLACE, MITV, DEY SHOW FOREIGN PROGRAM, WHERE ARE WE HEADING TO, WHEN PPL DON DIE FINISH WE GO COME DEY SEE DEAD BODY FOR STREET, WHALA DEY OOO

[size=13pt]And What prevents you from going there and start doing the coverage; either with your phone or your camera. Don't forget that you can make a few bucks from there by selling what you cover to any of the above stations you mention. Now dust your ass and get to work son[/size]
Re: Tension In Jos by Henrinquo: 2:16pm On Apr 18, 2011
@chrishenzo, have you heard of division of labour??i am not a journalist, its thier job, im only a student and im studying hard to become of the best doctors in the world, you can dump your own discipline and join the amanpour strategies, i said the truth and it cant be compromised, get up dad!!!
Re: Tension In Jos by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 18, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@ezeUche; « #7 on: Today at 01:20:27 PM »are for real in the bold?
70 years of right, man? tell me when was the first so that i know you can calculate 70 years?

if this was not a serious issue, i was going to say that you are too skiddish. not firm on your feet at all.
imagine that yoruba people just this moment wish to get out of nigeria. how are you going to beat them down so that they can remain in, when a mere riot in the north get you tired out? i do pray no more war in nigeria, because one is one too many for us who experienced it.

dont respond to the yoruba issue part. i write it so that you can think about what you said on thread where you think you are the king of the road. but please let me know how you get 70 years of northern riot. that will be 1941 or 1940 as the year of the first riot.

Yours is the correct year riots started. This your culture/religion of by force can't work. If you can't co-live, a raba! I know barbarism and progress will never have a confluence. I hope we are all seeing what Ojukwu saw some decades ago and that people were killed for only you to realize now is my pain.
Re: Tension In Jos by babaowo: 2:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
mallam's and riots naija and drama lol
Re: Tension In Jos by OmoTier1(m): 2:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
InHim4Him:

Bakare must be happy and satisfied to see the churches burning. He can see that he has never been in sympathy with the things of God hitherto. His botched prophecies and his unequal yoke shows clearly where he has always belonged.

When shall we call a spade a spade? Where are the authorities in Nigeria - the police and their friends. I hope they are on top of the situation watching the madness in Kano and other places.
Bakare was and is bold enough to say the truth unlike you  who may die 'cos of the fear of the unknown if you say the truth.

These crop of despotic leaders have taken nigeria and nigerians for a ride. If you think its only in the north the rioting will take place wait until next tuesday!
Were you blind to the violation on democracy carried out in Rivers, Bayelsa, Akaw-ibom during the NASS elections?
Re: Tension In Jos by rolchi(m): 2:38pm On Apr 18, 2011
Where is Tunde Bakare?
Re: Tension In Jos by vaLasce(m): 2:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
diz mallams sef!
God damn der souls!
Re: Tension In Jos by Henrinquo: 2:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
where is Buhari? grin
Re: Tension In Jos by Onuohasworld(m): 2:43pm On Apr 18, 2011
abeg if una get relatives 4 north ,,make una beg them make dem cum back east, those muslims are unpredictable,
Re: Tension In Jos by formebyme: 2:53pm On Apr 18, 2011
Henrinquo:

ITS FUNNY HOW NAIJA BE SELF,   NOW CHECK THIS OUT AT THIS MOMENT, TUNE IN TO NTA DEY SHOW ONE NONSENSE DRAMA, SILVERBIRD DEY DWELL OF ARTISTES PROFILE, CHANNELS DEY TRY BUT FEAR NO LET THEM NEAR THE PLACE, MITV, DEY SHOW FOREIGN PROGRAM, WHERE ARE WE HEADING TO, WHEN PPL DON DIE FINISH WE GO COME DEY SEE DEAD BODY FOR STREET, WHALA DEY OOO

Very true, i wonder when they would actually start to broaddcast event before it ends.
they forget broadcasting is also for informing,need to inform the people to beware and the govt to take action!
Nigeria's channels give the stalest news, even cnn and others show the news before them.
smh, their own is to collect money for adverts
Re: Tension In Jos by Bawss1(m): 3:01pm On Apr 18, 2011
Not again Jos!
Re: Tension In Jos by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
“This is the part where General Buhari needs to put his voice where his tears were. If those tears were occasioned by genuine love of country, he does need to say something about the mindless violence going on in the north and rein in his supporters. Part of the collective struggle for project nationhood going forward is the need to change this mindset: it's my candidate or you're dead!” - PIUS ADESANMI.

This is the wrong time to start trading blames. The important people in these are

Buhari: to go on BBC Hausa and speak to his supporters
the Northern leaders : to speak to the Almajiris
The Police : to do their job
The Army : to kill any stubborn buggers.
Jonathan appearing on national Tv will only escalate the situation, no fault of his, just his party who have refused to organise the long postponed Sovereign National Conference, Southerners have taken enough, In elections I stood by a Northerner, Now I'm beginning to regret this,

EnoughIsEnough,
Re: Tension In Jos by HolyMikel(m): 3:12pm On Apr 18, 2011
Bauchi 2 s boiling presently. God saves 9ja
Re: Tension In Jos by Abali1(m): 3:17pm On Apr 18, 2011
Just before the elections commenced proper, a bomb detonated and killed some pple in Niger state. I made a postulation, that it may not be the fault of any of the two contenders, Buhari or JEG. Even if Buhari had won there will still have been serious issues of conflicts in the Niger Delta. The point is that untill Fedral power is made unattractive, and that is what a SNC will address, conflicts of this nature will continue. I make bold to say that Nigeria will not go to war again. But our leaders need to learn how to anticipate problems before they happen.
Re: Tension In Jos by palma(f): 3:26pm On Apr 18, 2011
Onuohasworld:

abeg if una get relatives 4 north ,,make una beg them make dem come back east, those muslims are unpredictable,

Abeg bros no turn this into religious fight oh! Na those yeye abokis wey no get sense dey fight na and seriously dem be real MUMU.
Re: Tension In Jos by beloveeed: 3:52pm On Apr 18, 2011
Come to think of it, ARE WE AFRAID? They are feeding on our fear hence it bolsters them to do what they do. S/KD and J-Town are not but ready for em, recent posting on the net CHURCHES AND MOSQUE are on fire.

ARABA! am also born to reign!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Think Buhari Will Lose Against Jonathan Come Next Year. / REPLY: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area.Why?what Happened?by MizMyColi / Pdp’s ‘secret Game’ Of Sheriff-fayose 2019 Joint Ticket Leaves APC Jittery.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.