Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Reactions As Kemi Olunloyo Claims Yinka Odumakin Cheated Her - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reactions As Kemi Olunloyo Claims Yinka Odumakin Cheated Her (420 Views)

Yinka Odumakin Is Dead / Yinka Odumakin: Boko Haram Can Invite El-Rufai To Their AGM / Yinka Odumakin: No Army Can Stop Yorubas When They Are Ready To Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reactions As Kemi Olunloyo Claims Yinka Odumakin Cheated Her by Ecstasy154(m): 2:59pm On Apr 05, 2021
Social media commentator Kemi Olunloyo has claimed the late Afenifere spokesman, Yinka Odumakin, cheated her by not paying her salaries as an employee.

In a YouTube video she posted on Monday, she said she begged Odumakin in 2014 for a job as an OAP to review newspapers in his Ibadan-based radio station.

The deceased, she said, wanted her to be a social media manager for the radio Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram platforms.

She added that the Station Manager, Dotun refused to pay her salary yet Odumakin refused to do anything about it and backed him up.

She shared the YouTube video on her Twitter handle with the caption: “REMEMBERING YINKA ODUMAKIN and how he cheated me, never paid my salary till today. When someone died we Remember them with #RIP but what about how they ruined other lives. Watch the rest here. May he rest in peace sha.”

Many Twitter users were divided over the appropriateness of her post.

While some saluted her courage to come out publicly, others insisted she should allow the dead rest.

Many others said the video was ill-timed.

@ambkoladan tweeted: “Though I salute your boldness, but his own part of the story might be different. The question is, why was this never said publicly when he was alive? Let the dead rest in peace please.”

@Ayrangers6 said: “This is completely true, Most of those that work with him confirm this and I can mention three of them.”

@biggraymee wrote: “I love your boldness Kemi. Most often, we fear to say the truth about the dead even if it is obvious. We only pay good tribute and 4give at dead when the person who wrong us died. Speaking up on his offenses makes a difference & I respect that. All the same, may his soul RIP.”

@Deji_OoniAbj tweeted: “Wrong timing. Allow the bereaved to mourn first at least.”

@Free_dom237 tweeted: “The dead is not here to defend himself. What you heard from her is a one-sided story. How can you rightly conclude that’s the truth?”

@wallaceonas said: “Every person on earth has been offended one way or the other, nobody is a Saint. When you die, someone will say one bad thing about you Sis. I don’t believe in ONE side of a story… A coin has to sides.”

@lagbajabambam tweeted: “How much is the man owing you?”

https://thenationonlineng.net/reactions-as-kemi-olunloyo-claims-yinka-odumakin-cheated-her/

Re: Reactions As Kemi Olunloyo Claims Yinka Odumakin Cheated Her by ivolt: 3:10pm On Apr 05, 2021
Provide evidence of employment and salary offer from the man himself.

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Kemi Olunloyo Claims Yinka Odumakin Cheated Her by Omihanifa: 3:12pm On Apr 05, 2021
This one can't even respect the dead undecided

How come she didn't say all of these when the man was alive?
Re: Reactions As Kemi Olunloyo Claims Yinka Odumakin Cheated Her by Righteousness2(m): 3:12pm On Apr 05, 2021
I absolutely agree that you should air your grievances with those who hurt instead of bottling it up !

It should not be when he/she is dead. It simply means you are lying or putting out half truth.
The Dead cannot Defend himself/herself.

What you can't put out In front a person or why he/she is alive, keep it to yourself..
Re: Reactions As Kemi Olunloyo Claims Yinka Odumakin Cheated Her by gawu1: 3:31pm On Apr 05, 2021
Those who think Kemi is wrong should go read what Yinka wrote about Abba Kyari after his death was announced.
Re: Reactions As Kemi Olunloyo Claims Yinka Odumakin Cheated Her by nairavsdollars(f): 3:34pm On Apr 05, 2021
wehrey. unpaid salaries kill you there
Re: Reactions As Kemi Olunloyo Claims Yinka Odumakin Cheated Her by festacman(m): 3:38pm On Apr 05, 2021
Of course, Yinka Odumakin like all mortals was no living saint but the truth is Kemi Olunloyo should have confronted him frontally when he was still alive. She is too courageous and outspoken to be cowed by Yinka in any way. So, bringing this issue up now is pure mischief on the part of Kemi to destroy Yinka Odumakin's legacy. Tueh!

(1) (Reply)

When Is FCDA Demolishing This Eyesore In Federal Capital / Muslim Clerics Pray For Pastor Adeboye / Armed Robbers Allegedly Invade Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.