Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,109 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Trapped In My Head By Emperor Bling - A Project Review By Sam Art - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Trapped In My Head By Emperor Bling - A Project Review By Sam Art (339 Views)

Is Olamide’s UY SCUTI Worth the Hype ? Album Review By Iamsynord / Is Wizkid's 'Made In Lagos' Album Worth The Hype? (A Review By Iamsynord) / DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Nasty C – Strings & Bling Mp3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Trapped In My Head By Emperor Bling - A Project Review By Sam Art by psalmsmiles(m): 6:43pm On Apr 05, 2021
Famished and in desperate search for any thing I could eat as I hadn't eaten before heading for the studio since morning, I entered a local restaurant. Low-key but quite fancy, I ordered for a place of jollof rice.

Emperor Bling's recent Extended play came into play as I waited for the meal. Titled "Trapped in m head", the sonic mix came accompanied with happy memories making me forget about the state of my bowels for a while.

The project consists of three tracks. The intro, nothing you can do and empire. Spanning about 7 minutes in total, the songs projects the artist's state of mind while recording.

In the intro, the artist speaks his heart out over somber background beats. About how young people tend to focus on trying to get the whole world and forget what's most important; the little blessings they have. He continued as he told of the project was made from his happy place and he hopes to project that level of happiness to everyone who listens to the music. A reflective speech.

The waitress serves the food, gifts me a friendly wink and dashes off. Bad girl! I smile as I feast on the food.

The next track comes up. In "nothing you can do", the artiste lets his fans into his world. Story of a bad girl who wanted him who loved him for the bad boy he was. Sharing the kinds of naughty things he would do to "shawty" even though he didn't have feelings for her over the modern instrumental. Catchy beat, nice structure and hook. Emperor Bling was very high on himself while recording the track, apparently.

It didn't take long to consume the food so I sit back, allowing the food to digest as I observed the environment. The waitress comes back to pick the plates. I reached for her hand gently, told her she was pretty and watched the blush form on her face. She appreciated and whisked the plates away. Naughty, pretty and timid, my spec!

"Empire" plays next. Trap song, the emperor brags of his empire over the beat with his baritone voice. The kind of song that makes you nod your head intermediately like an agama lizard. He tells of how unstoppable he can be when he sets his mind to do a thing, a giant. Hard tune, well produced. The man's literally on fire for real!

I settle the bills and head off home but stop barely a minute after leaving the fold joint. The waitress calls me "bros" as heads towards me. I become worried for a minute. Did I forget something? She greets hi and asks for name, avoiding eye contact the whole time. A grin spreads across my face as it hits me she wants my contact. I ask for her phone, input my digits, save it as "Sam tall guy" and ask her to call me when she closes.
Boss moves.

I head home smiling. Perhaps the last song had it's effect already so I put the EP on repeat.

Trapped in my head by Emperor Bling is an amazing piece of art. I hope to hear more from the artiste.
Rate: 7/10.

Link to stream/download below.
https://audiomack.com/emperorbling/album/trapped-in-my-head

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trapped In My Head By Emperor Bling - A Project Review By Sam Art by Ptolemy22: 9:36am On Apr 06, 2021
psalmsmiles:

I settle the bills and head off home but stop barely a minute after leaving the fold joint. The waitress calls me "bros" as heads towards me. I become worried for a minute. Did I forget something? She greets hi and asks for name, avoiding eye contact the whole time. A grin spreads across my face as it hits me she wants my contact. I ask for her phone, input my digits, save it as "Sam tall guy" and ask her to call me when she closes.

Boss moves.

I head home smiling. Perhaps the last song had it's effect already so I put the EP on repeat.

Link to stream/download below.
https://audiomack.com/emperorbling/album/trapped-in-my-head

A farm tool will always remain a farm tool
Beautiful thing you wrote too
I'll go check this out man

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bosalin X Illbliss Oga Boss / New Music: Timaya Ft. Phyno - Eff All Day / Tears As American Rapper, 2KBABY Loses Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.