Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,894 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

The Recociliator - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Recociliator (91 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Recociliator by topshore(f): 10:37am On Apr 06, 2021
Scripture: Ephesians 2:12-20
Analysing our text Scripture today, for centuries there had been separation among the people of God before Christ's Death and Resurrection.

In those days, the Jews and the Gentiles were sworn enemies because the proud Jews
- having chosen to receive God's law considered themselves closer to God but the Gentiles far from Him
- Jews had circumcision as the sign that they were God's people, and the Gentiles did not
- The Jews felt the Gentiles enjoyed none of Israel's privileges through the covenants and promises because they were not God's people and had not the knowledge of God.
- The Gentiles were not allowed into the holiest part of the temple by the Jews and this created a great wall of separation amongst them.

Alas, Christ through His Death broke down this wall, abolished the offensive law and commandments, destroyed the hatred and made peace. No longer are the 'near to God' Jews more privileged than the 'far off" Gentiles.

In the same vein, amongst today's Christian, in Christ, there is no distinction, for all who believe and have accepted Christ as the Lord and Saviour are all God's people.
- We all have equal status as citizens of God's Heavenly Kingdom
- We are all members of His family and heirs to His Throne
- We all come into His presence through one Spirit
- The new temple is not physical anymore but spiritual dwelling place of the Holy Spirit in us
- We are all made alive in Christ
- We will all sit in the Heavenly place in Christ Jesus.

The emphasis is "to be in Christ"

Today, another opportunity is here for you to be among this family of God and accepting Christ as your Lord and personal Saviour is the only Way.
Tomorrow may be too late.

Say this: Lord Jesus, I accept You today as my Lord and Saviour, come into my life and take control. I say bye bye to the devil, I enter into the Kingdom of Light, thank You Jesus, in Your name I pray, amen.

Congratulations!!!.

Peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Recociliator by Ogamysamo: 10:46am On Apr 06, 2021
no difference existed any more we are now equal despite denomination just that some so called are making themselves lords taking God's place. and feeling superior just because of their position either in the gathering of the saints or by their material influence
Re: The Recociliator by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Apr 06, 2021
topshore:

Analysing our text Scripture today, for centuries there had been separation among the people of God before Christ's Death and Resurrection.

In those days, the Jews and the Gentiles were sworn enemies because the proud Jews
- having chosen to receive God's law considered themselves closer to God but the Gentiles far from Him
- Jews had circumcision as the sign that they were God's people, and the Gentiles did not
- The Jews felt the Gentiles enjoyed none of Israel's privileges through the covenants and promises because they were not God's people and had not the knowledge of God.
- The Gentiles were not allowed into the holiest part of the temple by the Jews and this created a great wall of separation amongst them.

Alas, Christ through His Death broke down this wall, abolished the offensive law and commandments, destroyed the hatred and made peace. No longer are the 'near to God' Jews more privileged than the 'far off" Gentiles.

In the same vein, amongst today's Christian, in Christ, there is no distinction, for all who believe and have accepted Christ as the Lord and Saviour are all God's people.
- We all have equal status as citizens of God's Heavenly Kingdom
- We are all members of His family and heirs to His Throne
- We all come into His presence through one Spirit
- The new temple is not physical anymore but spiritual dwelling place of the Holy Spirit in us
- We are all made alive in Christ
- We will all sit in the Heavenly place in Christ Jesus.

The emphasis is "to be in Christ"
The division that is today does not come from difference in approach in serving Christ, since many out there reject Christ even as they continue to claim to belong to Him but they do so because they have set over themselves other gods, that they call pastors, as intermediates between them and their supposed Master, Jesus Christ.

God fired all shepherds and declared that He alone is the Shepherd in His New administration/Kingdom

Ezekiel 34 vs 9-16 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9. So, you shepherds, listen to the word of the Lord!
10. The Lord God says, “I am against the shepherds. I will demand my sheep from them. I will fire them. They will not be my shepherds anymore. Then the shepherds will not be able to feed themselves, and I will save my flock from their mouths. Then my sheep will not be food for them.”
11. The Lord God says, “I myself will be their Shepherd. I will search for my sheep and take care of them.
12. If a shepherd is with his sheep when they begin to wander away, he will go searching for them. In the same way I will search for my sheep. I will save them and bring them back from all the places where they were scattered on that dark and cloudy day.
13. I will bring them back from those nations. I will gather them from those countries and bring them back to their own land. I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streams, and in all the places where people live.
14. I will lead them to grassy fields. They will go to the place high on the mountains of Israel and lie down on good ground and eat the grass. They will eat in rich grassland on the mountains of Israel.
15. Yes, I will feed my flock, and I will lead them to a place of rest.” This is what the Lord God said.
16. “I will search for the lost sheep. I will bring back the sheep that were scattered and put bandages on the sheep that were hurt. I will make the weak sheep strong, but I will destroy the fat and powerful shepherds. I will feed them the punishment they deserve.”
so where do these gods who pretend themselves shepherds over God's flock come from? They are certainly not called by God nor "anointed" by Him. undecided
Re: The Recociliator by Dtruthspeaker: 4:31pm On Apr 06, 2021
topshore:

- having chosen to receive God's law considered themselves closer to God but the Gentiles far from Him...

You obviously did not know that a Jew, is just a gentile taken up by God and since they did not want God, they were gentiles in spirit.

And from your writings, you obviously do not appreciate that you too are a gentile, so did you ever quarrel with the Jews?

(1) (Reply)

In The Light Of Truth: The Difference In Origin Between Man And Animal. / Word Power May 5 / I Can't Blame God For Dare's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.