Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread (2093 Views)

Ogun Awon Bàba Wa / Inwe Ike Ide N'igbo N'edeghi N'oyibo, Ngwa Nu Bia Nwale....... / Igbo Bia Suọ Olu Inyì :: Come And Speak Your Dialects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by SMC(f): 7:49pm On Jul 09, 2007
Various tribes have their different threads on here. This thread is dedicated to our unity in diversity. Please try to stifle your tribalistic thoughts or prejudices here. Coming from a single country, we have a lot in common and numerous things/experiences to celebrate (as well as complain about) without turning on one another.

I'll go first. I am Yoruba (well kind of), I have stayed in different parts of Nigeria and have loads of mates from around the country. When I am hanging out with my mates (even here in the UK), I don't think. . . oh, this one is Hausa or this one is Bini or this one is a Scouser or this one is Glaswegian. What matters to me are your values, your personality and that you are a good mate.

I hope a lack of tribal discrimination would reign here too.

SMC
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by chichi81(f): 7:52pm On Jul 09, 2007
Amala people are backstabbers.
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by SMC(f): 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2007
Didn't I say no hating? angry
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by initiator(m): 12:40am On Jul 10, 2007
Well SMC its a pity threads like this dont generate much interest on tribalist-infested nairaland.

You'd have titled the thread 'i hate all igbos/yorubas' and boy would this place be flooded?

Pity
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by SMC(f): 7:42pm On Jul 10, 2007
initiator:

Well SMC its a pity threads like this don't generate much interest on tribalist-infested nairaland.

You'd have titled the thread 'i hate all igbos/yorubas' and boy would this place be flooded?

Pity

I know sad

I did hope that people would be willing to ditch their prejudice and get along, but I guess that is a tall order/ambition.
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by toshmann(m): 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2007
well, there are still those of us who believe in unity. well i am toshmann, ibo, live in cardiff and christain cheesy
i have 2 flatmates . . . .one yoruba muslem and the other a swahili from tanzania. good guys cheesy
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by SMC(f): 8:00pm On Jul 10, 2007
Nice to meet you Toshmann. How long have you been in Wales for? One of my close mates is from Cardiff.
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by toshmann(m): 11:03pm On Jul 10, 2007
hmmmn, been in cardiff 2 yrs cheesy
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by dominobaby(f): 12:07am On Jul 11, 2007
Well, i'm d'baby, igbo, student of the university of ibadan, roommate with 2 other yoruba babes and i aint got qualms with that. I really don't know what people gain in being tribalistic, it really pisses me of as in OF!! I get along with people regardless of tribe, as long as you're level headed!
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by iice(f): 10:29am On Jul 12, 2007
Have never been one to pick friends on the basis of religion/tribe. . .it's how we flow that determines that.
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by folanusi(m): 10:34am On Jul 12, 2007
look 4 me
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by SMC(f): 3:17pm On Jul 15, 2007
folanusi:

look 4 me

Where?
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by toshmann(m): 5:38pm On Dec 19, 2007
pls gentle nigerians could you guys come to this thread and show some good nationalism. remove tribalism, sexism, religious prejudice and all forms of discriminatory segregation. we have a future to help that country.
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by RichyBlacK(m): 3:08am On Dec 20, 2007
Hi I'm Richard Black, and very mixed - Igbo, Urhobo, Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba, Bini, Efik and Idoma. Please don't ask me how, it's a long story. I live in Ajegunle, Lagos, Nigeria and south side of Chicago IL, USA.

Yep, there are too many ethnocentric bigots on Nairaland. Nigerians need to be united.
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by stag: 12:44pm On Dec 20, 2007
RichyBlacK:

Nigerians need to be united.

yes oooo.
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by ifyalways(f): 11:57pm On Dec 20, 2007
am a nigerian too.
igbo,itsekiri,yoruba,igala all flow in my blood.

one love kiss
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by OMUWUNMI: 2:41pm On Dec 21, 2007
chichi81:

Amala people are backstabbers.
hang over of the civil war,you beta wake up.nigeria has passed that stage
SMC:

Didn't I say no hating? angry
leave am na bad bele dey worry am
initiator:

Well SMC its a pity threads like this don't generate much interest on tribalist-infested nairaland.

Pity
who cares if you like hate all the people in d world,yoruba and igbos do not even know you[b] EXIST[/b]
toshmann:

well, there are still those of us who believe in unity. well i am toshmann, ibo, live in cardiff and christain cheesy
i have 2 flatmates . . . .one yoruba muslem and the other a swahili from tanzania. good guys cheesy
thats my man
dominobaby:

Well, i'm d'baby, igbo, student of the university of ibadan, roommate with 2 other yoruba babes and i aint got qualms with that. I really don't know what people gain in being tribalistic, it really pisses me of as in OF!! I get along with people regardless of tribe, as long as you're level headed!
thank you jare na you biko,move closer make i kiss you kiss
folanusi:

look 4 me
where?in the jungle? grin
RichyBlacK:

Hi I'm Richard Black, and very mixed - Igbo, Urhobo, Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba, Bini, Efik and Idoma. Please don't ask me how, it's a long story. I live in Ajegunle, Lagos, Nigeria and south side of Chicago IL, USA.

Yep, there are too many ethnocentric bigots on Nairaland. Nigerians need to be united.
you are the bomb
ifyalways:

am a nigerian too.
igbo,itsekiri,yoruba,igala all flow in my blood.

one love kiss
all these in your blood?you sure say you no be spirit?i just dey[b] YOKE[/b],you are my main man grin
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by toshmann(m): 3:00pm On Dec 21, 2007
hmmmmn unity thread is growing. we are making progress cheesy

who says naija no get hope? smiley
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by ifeanyi10: 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2007
i am a igbo man staying in lagos and i have lived in differnt part of this great country,i have also lived with people of other tribe,i dont care about were u come so far we are cool with each other.
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by willy4: 10:19pm On Dec 21, 2007
ifeanyi10:

i am a igbo man staying in lagos and i have lived in differnt part of this great country,i have also lived with people of other tribe,i don't care about were u come so far we are cool with each other.
But be careful when you're at the inhospitable desert land of Hausa/Fulani. Jihad is going on there.
Be careful Hausa/Fulani's are bloody Murderers
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by DisGuy: 7:36am On Dec 22, 2007
hey I'm Fulani, I've been looking for small willy*2 and his agbero family my cutlass dey wait for you cool
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by willy4: 5:13pm On Dec 22, 2007
Dis Guy:

hey I'm Fulani, I've been looking for small willy*2 and his agbero family my cutlass dey wait for you  cool
God forbid,
If nay your prophet Mr Moham-mad sent you, tell him sey you no see me.
Come Mujahideen Dis Guy, will you later in future turn a suicide Bomber?
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by DisGuy: 3:00am On Dec 23, 2007
willy*2:

God forbid,
If nay your prophet Mr Moham-mad sent you, tell him sey you no see me.
Come Mujahideen Dis Guy, will you later in future turn a suicide Bomber?

yes na! i've got the 'full package' just waiting for the ULTIMATE EMBRACE, make you come hug me o! grin
I promise to share the virgins with you cheesy
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by Nobody: 3:10am On Dec 23, 2007
am yoruba, OMO EKITI, i got no qualms with any tribe. if a person  act up, i find fault in that person. . .not the tribe. tribe has nothing to to with how you personally present yourself. . . it just classify you base on your traditions, language, culture, and ethnicities.

i love nigeria with its many different cultures. that's what makes the country beeeeaaauuutifullllll!!! more beautiful, if the Govt. actually start doing their jobs
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by willy4: 1:11pm On Dec 24, 2007
toyinrayo:

am yoruba, OMO EKITI, i got no qualms with any tribe. if a person  act up, i find fault in that person. . .not the tribe. tribe has nothing to to with how you personally present yourself. . . it just classify you base on your traditions, language, culture, and ethnicities.
Good your turning away from ugly/dark mentality of Mr Awolowo
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 24, 2007
willy*2:

Good your turning away from ugly/dark mentality of Mr Awolowo

thanks smiley but who was Awolowo? i keep hearing abt this dude. . .was he like abasha's brother or what?
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by willy4: 10:39pm On Dec 24, 2007
toyinrayo:

thanks  smiley but who was Awolowo? i keep hearing about this dude. . .was he like abasha's brother or what?
Awolowo was the one who spearhead the starving of more than 1.5million Ibo infants to death.
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by toshmann(m): 11:38pm On Dec 25, 2007
so fight don finally enter this thread undecided
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 25, 2007
willy*2:

Awolowo was the one who spearhead the starving of more than 1.5million Ibo infants to death.

holding grudge to the past. . .is not going the make the future brighter. . .if more and more nigerians think the way you do, what's the point of hoping for a better nigeria?
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by willy4: 3:06pm On Dec 26, 2007
toyinrayo:

holding grudge to the past. . .is not going the make the future brighter. . .if more and more nigerians think the way you do, what's the point of hoping for a better nigeria?
I'm not holding grudge against Mr Awolowo, he didn't inflict any of his murderous behaviour on me nor my tribesmen, am only answering your question 'Who Awolowo was', and i know him as the one who Initiated, supervised and make sure that little Ibo children were starved to death.
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by oziomatv(m): 3:17pm On Dec 26, 2007
there will be no peace in Nigerian unless there is equal right and justice among tribes.
monkey go dey work baboon go dey chop
then you want the oppressed once to show peace.
Re: The WA.ZO.BIA (Unity) Thread by willy4: 11:25am On Dec 27, 2007
@Oziomatv,
I see your Flag, E bi like sey you come from Biafra, but be careful Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba no dey like use eyes see that Flag. their own Flag bi Niger Delta oil, and their Nation anthem bi 'In Niger Delta we rest our Soul'

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Jittery? Runs to London, Declares 3 Days Fasting & Prayers-Premium T / Itan Ile Yoruba / "High Bride Price led me to Armed Robbery" claims robbery suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.