Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,755 members, 7,813,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

How Black Market For Fertility Egg Donation Is Expanding In Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Black Market For Fertility Egg Donation Is Expanding In Nigeria (183 Views)

Gorontula For Fertility N S3xual Pleasure. Married Only / "He Couldn't Get Me Pregnant For 10 Years, So I Tested My Fertility Elsewhere" / Fertility And Age: What You Should Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Black Market For Fertility Egg Donation Is Expanding In Nigeria by Africlegend: 6:53am On Apr 07, 2021
Tolani Alonge (not real name), a final year student of the Federal Government College of Education, Oshiele, Abeokuta, was offered just tablets of paracetamol after donating seven ova in March 2021. For the service rendered, she was also paid N80,000 and nothing more at a private fertility clinic in Ogun State.

While some argued that the fee was too small compared to the service she rendered to the fertility clinic, a critical analysis into the exercise in Nigeria shows a more grave concern.

Fertility egg donation is not the end in itself but a means to an actual end, which is in vitro fertilization (IVF). IVF is an advanced form of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) that helps infertile women and couples conceive. Through IVF, eggs are manually fertilized using...

Read More: https://fij.ng/article/black-market-for-fertility-egg-donation-is-expanding-in-nigeria-but-no-law-in-view-against-abuse/

(1) (Reply)

What's Best Time / Contact Virgin Atlantic Via Different Ways To Get Instant Support / How To Make Spicy Plaintain Balls Or Masa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.