Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,660 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Breaking: Kola Abiola 2023 Presidential Campaign Poster Gets To Public - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Kola Abiola 2023 Presidential Campaign Poster Gets To Public (1824 Views)

2023: Kola Abiola Declare Interest In Running For Presidency / Dele Momodu: Kola Abiola Bought Me My First Car When He Was 29 (Photos) / Kola Abiola Hugs Tinubu In Aso Rock As Buhari Confers GCFR On His Father. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Kola Abiola 2023 Presidential Campaign Poster Gets To Public by OriginalOmoOgun(f): 9:20am On Apr 07, 2021

As plots toward 2023 presidential election thicken, the campaign poster of Kola Abiola, the first son of Nigeria’s former president, Moshood Abiola (MKO), has surfaced online, bringing back memories of his late father’s slogan, Hope 2023.

As gathered, his candidacy was said to have been part of political permutations that would produce an acceptable candidate across the country from Nigeria’s South West region.

It was learnt that part of what informed the decision for Kola to throw his hat in the ring was that he could ride on his late father’s support and achievement in the North and the senior Abiola’s acceptability during his Hope 93 election.

Our correspondent gathered that some All Progressive Congress (APC) bigwigs have been giving Kola the needed support peradventure the candidacy of the party’s National Leader and former Governor of Lagos, Bola Tinubu, did not fly.

The argument among the party leaders was that based on the APC unwritten agreement that power would return to the South in 2023, it was important that the South West region have an alternative plan, particularly distinct candidates that would appeal to all Nigerians irrespective of religion, ethnic or political divides.

When The Guild reached out to the family after the posters surfaces online, their position was that if their sibling chose to run for the seat, they would rally support for him.

One of his brother who spoke to The Guild under anonymity condition disclosed that though his brother was yet to personally discuss his ambition with him, people have been calling him over the poster.

He indicated that if his brother decided to run for the oval office, the entire family have no choice but to provide every form of support for him to win the election.

“People have been calling me on the poster and I must tell you it is a welcome development. Though he has not talked to me personally about his ambition, we will Insha Allah (God willing) support him for the position,” Kola’s younger brother said.

It would be recalled that the senior Abiola won the 1993 presidential election which was annulled by the military government of Ibrahim Babaginda.

However, in 2018, President Muhammadu Buhari declared June 12 as Democracy Day in honour of Abiola, whom he gave a posthumous national honour.

https://theguildng.com/breaking-kola-abiola-2023-presidential-campaign-poster-gets-to-public/
Re: Breaking: Kola Abiola 2023 Presidential Campaign Poster Gets To Public by Baawaa(m): 9:21am On Apr 07, 2021
They want to kill the guy as they killed his father

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Kola Abiola 2023 Presidential Campaign Poster Gets To Public by qualityalone: 9:37am On Apr 07, 2021
this one no go even carry last....
onye n' amaghi ihe gburu nna ya, ihe gburu nna ya egbue ya
Re: Breaking: Kola Abiola 2023 Presidential Campaign Poster Gets To Public by doggedfighter(f): 9:37am On Apr 07, 2021
He's not been active since his dad died.

Children of very rich men loose their bearing after their father's death.

Often times there are not prepared for life.

I wish him well in his quest.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Kola Abiola 2023 Presidential Campaign Poster Gets To Public by Gbagura: 9:37am On Apr 07, 2021
If the guy is wise he better don't fall for their gimmicks. They will kill him like his dad.
Re: Breaking: Kola Abiola 2023 Presidential Campaign Poster Gets To Public by triple996(m): 9:46am On Apr 07, 2021
grin but not a single Igbo man have come out 4 president
Re: Breaking: Kola Abiola 2023 Presidential Campaign Poster Gets To Public by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 07, 2021
Wow

Exactly 30 years later.

Wow

I believe some people are just clowning around.

This will never fly.
Re: Breaking: Kola Abiola 2023 Presidential Campaign Poster Gets To Public by donbachi(m): 10:03am On Apr 07, 2021
I wish u well.i pray dat,those dat pursued ur father will not pursue u.
Re: Breaking: Kola Abiola 2023 Presidential Campaign Poster Gets To Public by SarkinYarki: 10:06am On Apr 07, 2021
He doesn't have the balls

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Kola Abiola 2023 Presidential Campaign Poster Gets To Public by seunmsg(m): 10:11am On Apr 07, 2021
Best of luck to him.
Re: Breaking: Kola Abiola 2023 Presidential Campaign Poster Gets To Public by techmo(m): 10:36am On Apr 07, 2021
cool

Mischievous people printing posters about without consent

Kola Abiola specifically warned his father to stay away from politics but his father never listened, even on his Mother's death bed Abiola was warned..

In 1999 Obasanjo's PDP and Afenifere's AD all offered Kola Abiola Political position and he declined

Someone somewhere wants to chop small from Summit Oil

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Kola Abiola 2023 Presidential Campaign Poster Gets To Public by PHPdeveloper502(m): 10:39am On Apr 07, 2021
Is this a joke?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Kola Abiola 2023 Presidential Campaign Poster Gets To Public by ThatFairGuy1: 10:54am On Apr 07, 2021
triple996:
grin
but not a single Igbo man have come out 4 president
We'll come out by 2023, the time is still far.

Meanwhile, We'll just warn you people, anything that'll deny Igbos Presidency in 2023, then expects the disintegration of this zoo.

You'll think this is still 1969-73 era, Ambasadonial, USA, UK, Germany, France, Even Somalia is on our side this time.

We'll destroy all Government properties in South East.
Just make that mistake of denying Igbo Presidency.

Between, that yellow teeth Tinubu Should stop deceiving himself, he'll never become Nigeria President.

.God bless Mazi Nnamdi Kanu
God bless Biafra
Buhari/Tinubu are Terrorists.

Re: Breaking: Kola Abiola 2023 Presidential Campaign Poster Gets To Public by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 07, 2021
lol that statement

"Yoruba people shared my father's meat" always come to mind

Kaahimawo my Yoruba Muslim friend they are ready to share you for pot of ewedu in this austerity o
Re: Breaking: Kola Abiola 2023 Presidential Campaign Poster Gets To Public by johnmartus(m): 10:59am On Apr 07, 2021
FrLukas:
Wow

Exactly 30 years later.

Wow

I believe some people are just clowning around.

This will never fly.
Re: Breaking: Kola Abiola 2023 Presidential Campaign Poster Gets To Public by columbus007(m): 11:12am On Apr 07, 2021
This people no dey hear word,same thing that killed his father lipsrsealed
Re: Breaking: Kola Abiola 2023 Presidential Campaign Poster Gets To Public by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 07, 2021
Na Osinbajo we know for south west o.
Any other candidate just wan test ground

(1) (Reply)

Kunle Ologundudu Blast Tinubu, Gani Adams, Gov.makinde, Femi Falana, Dele Momodu / Making Sense Of Buhari’s Nonsense Now Senseless By Farooq A. Kperogi / Susan henshaw is a Hardcore APC Buharist.(see proof)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.