Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,700 members, 7,865,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:10 AM

25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! (874 Views)

President Buhari's Shoes Costs $8000 - Adeyanju Deji Claims (photos) / Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu / Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 09, 2007
A 25 litre drum of cooking oil costs Z$3m, dont be decieved, this is barely equivalent to US$21!

Inflation rate is 3700%, the highest in the world!

Perhaps this may explain why:

Re: 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by babasin(m): 9:32pm On Jul 09, 2007
what is other africa countries looking

It is a black man suffering!!!
Re: 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by initiator(m): 11:47pm On Jul 09, 2007
And rather than african leaders discussing how to flush out old cargoes like mugabe, they spent precious time discussing a United States of Africa.
Although am all 4 the united idea at the right time, we cant be united with bozos like the one in zimgabe.
Re: 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by vigasimple(m): 1:43am On Jul 10, 2007
POOR MUGABE, THE ONLY PLACE HE CAN FIND TO SLEEP OR REST IS INTERNATIONAL MEETINGS BECAUSE NOBODY WILL KILL HIM THERE OR DO ANY COUP TO OVERTHROW HIM.

THE EVIL MEN DOES FOLLOWS THEM. HE WHO HAS MURDER SLEEP WILL NEVER FIND REST.

ALL THE EVIL LEADERS OF AFRICA, IN THE NAME THAT IS ABOVE ALL NAMES THEY WILL NEVER NO AND FIND PEACE. AMEN
Re: 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by Ndipe(m): 9:33am On Jul 10, 2007
Mugabe's defenders should come to his defense. I dont know their names, but I have read of their fervent defense of Mugabe's policies in Zimbabwe.
Re: 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by Beline(f): 5:02pm On Jul 10, 2007
I keep wondering how people survive in Zimbabwe with the level of inflation in the country and also wondered if the president and his cabinate are untouchable.

Fellow Africans should come to their rescue I pray
Re: 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by Mariory(m): 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2007
A banana costs more than my house
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6284186.stm

In Nigeria from time to time we cue hours/days for petrol. In Zimbabwe they cue for food. Unbelievable!
Re: 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by babasin(m): 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2007
all good, what are you doing to help your fellow africans!!!!

end of the day; it is hungry black faces on TV.

why cant Nigeria for instance give them petrol to run their economy!!!

grin cheesy grin
Re: 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by denex: 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2007
@babasin

what kind of criminal thought is creeping into your mind like this? That Nigeria should go and sink its meagre wealth into a money hole.

The Zimbabwean people must first actively rise up against Mugabism before South Africa and the rest of Africa can come to their aid.

I keep reminding some of you about the struggles South Africans engaged in before Nigeria added its effort to help get rid of Apatheid.

How are we even sure these people truly need our help? We don't want the case of Iraq that we'll effect regime change and the people we came to liberate will start killing us.
Re: 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by TayoD(m): 6:58pm On Jul 10, 2007
Denex,

How are we even sure these people truly need our help? We don't want the case of Iraq that we'll effect regime change and the people we came to liberate will start killing us.
I'm surprised you could use the U.S. as an example positively. I thought you could never find anything good in that country.
Re: 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by denex: 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2007
That just goes to show you how maligned your thinking is.
Re: 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by TayoD(m): 8:39pm On Jul 10, 2007
@denex,

That just goes to show you how maligned your thinking is.
Well, we'll see in the near future!
Re: 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by babasin(m): 10:50pm On Jul 10, 2007
end of the day: It is suffering black faces!

grin cheesy grin

Fela, said thats why Black man dey suffer!
Re: 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 10, 2007
and yet Mugabe's daughter is enjoying herself in the UK! I dont blame her, she doesnt have to queue and squabble over a loaf of bread or sell a banana to buy a house.
Re: 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by denex: 12:05am On Jul 11, 2007
Omo! That means if I carry one bunch of banana go Zimbabwe, them go just make me "Baale" automatically.
Re: 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by naijaking1: 1:13am On Jul 11, 2007
Zimbabwe's case is sad, but given a few likely scenerios, other African countries like naija may not be too far from such a catastroph.

Do you know how close we came to 3rd term?
Re: 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by Nobody: 1:24am On Jul 11, 2007
naijaking1:

Zimbabwe's case is sad, but given a few likely scenerios, other African countries like naija may not be too far from such a catastroph.

you may not be far from the truth. 2 months into office and the government is yet to start functioning. thank God for crude oil!
Re: 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by naijaking1: 1:34am On Jul 11, 2007
Not sure if I should thank God for the crude oil or not. The net influence of oil on naija may be negative when compared to the 1960s status quo.
Re: 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by Nobody: 1:35am On Jul 11, 2007
at least we are not using a wheelbarrow to take money to the store to buy a loaf of bread.
Re: 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by bluesky4(f): 1:38am On Jul 11, 2007
i do wonder sometimes how nigeria will b like without the oil.

The sad fact is, is that Mugambe would never step down his power, yet he is sleepin in meeting, silly man.
Re: 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by Nobody: 1:40am On Jul 11, 2007
without crude oil the north would be safely ensconced in the arms of Niger republic and Chad stretching their begging bowls for international aid. The south would have survived!
Re: 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by naijaking1: 2:38am On Jul 11, 2007
@Davidlyn
you open another topic? And I agree 100% The north would also survive, remeber the ground nut pyramids of Kano?

Without oil, corruption could have been much less, the people who toiled in the farms would hold every politician accountable for their money, and we would have have such an even and smooth development like Malaysia, Thailand, India, etc-- they developed or are developing without oil.

Back to Mugabe, Africans are not bad people, just unfortunate to produce bad leaders.
Re: 25litres Of Cooking Oil Costs Z$3million! by angel101(f): 9:52am On Jul 11, 2007
naijaking1:

Word!!

naijaking1:

Without oil, corruption could have been much less, the people who toiled in the farms would hold every politician accountable for their money, and we would have have such an even and smooth development like Malaysia, Thailand, India, etc-- they developed or are developing without oil.

I disagree. corruption has got nothing to do with resources. Rather it has to do with the attitude of the people. Corruption can thrive in any situation.

Back to Mugabe, Africans are not bad people, just unfortunate to produce bad leaders.

this is very true.

(1) (Reply)

Yar`adua`s Government Of Compromise / Ugly Politicians Should Be Banned / Who Is Destabilising Iraq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.