Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Praying For All Of Us To Be Strengthened In Christ Jesus Crucified - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying For All Of Us To Be Strengthened In Christ Jesus Crucified (103 Views)

Video Of Nigerians Praying For A Faulty Transformer: Dino Melaye Reacts / Apostle Suleman On Ladies Praying For Husband But Demand For Iphone On Meeting O / What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Praying For All Of Us To Be Strengthened In Christ Jesus Crucified by ochibuogwu5: 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2021
"Since the day we heard these things about you, we have continued praying for you. This is what we pray:

that God will make you completely sure of what he wants by giving you all the wisdom and spiritual understanding you need; 10 that this will help you live in a way that brings honor to the Lord and pleases him in every way; that your life will produce good works of every kind and that you will grow in your knowledge of God; 11 that God will strengthen you with his own great power, so that you will be patient and not give up when troubles come.

Then you will be happy 12 and give thanks to the Father. He has made you able to have what he has promised to give all his holy people, who live in the light. 13 God made us free from the power of darkness. And he brought us into the kingdom of his dear Son. 14 The Son paid the price to make us free. In him we have forgiveness of our sins." (Colossians 1:9-14 ERV)
Re: Praying For All Of Us To Be Strengthened In Christ Jesus Crucified by ochibuogwu5: 3:08pm On Apr 07, 2021
"Jesus and the followers went back to the people. A man came to Jesus and bowed before him. 15 The man said, “Lord, be kind to my son. He suffers so much from the seizures he has. He often falls into the fire or into the water. 16 I brought him to your followers, but they could not heal him.”

17 Jesus answered, “You people today have no faith. Your lives are so wrong! How long must I stay with you? How long must I continue to be patient with you? Bring the boy here.” 18 Jesus gave a strong command to the demon inside the boy. The demon came out of the boy, and the boy was healed.

19 Then the followers came to Jesus alone. They said, “We tried to force the demon out of the boy, but we could not. Why were we not able to make the demon go out?”

20 Jesus answered, “You were not able to make the demon go out, because your faith is too small. Believe me when I tell you, if your faith is only as big as a mustard seed you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. You will be able to do anything.” 21 “But that kind of spirit comes out only with prayer and fasting.”

22 Later, the followers met together in Galilee. Jesus said to them, “The Son of Man will be handed over to the control of other men, 23 who will kill him. But on the third day he will be raised from death.” The followers were very sad to hear that Jesus would be killed." (Matthew 17:14-23 ERV)
Re: Praying For All Of Us To Be Strengthened In Christ Jesus Crucified by ochibuogwu5: 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2021
"It was the law itself that caused me to end my life under the law. I died to the law so that I could live for God. *I(Chibuogwu/ put your full name here) have been nailed to the cross with Christ.*
20 So I am not the one living now—it is Christ living in me. I still live in my body, but I live by faith in the Son of God. He is the one who loved me and gave himself to save me.
21 I am not the one *destroying the meaning of God’s grace*. If following the law is how people are made right with God, then Christ did not have to die
" (Galatians 2:19-21 ERV)
Re: Praying For All Of Us To Be Strengthened In Christ Jesus Crucified by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Apr 07, 2021
ochibuogwu5:
"It was the law itself that caused me to end my life under the law. I died to the law so that I could live for God. *I(Chibuogwu/ put your full name here) have been nailed to the cross with Christ.*
20 So I am not the one living now—it is Christ living in me. I still live in my body, but I live by faith in the Son of God. He is the one who loved me and gave himself to save me.
21 I am not the one *destroying the meaning of God’s grace*. If following the law is how people are made right with God, then Christ did not have to die
" (Galatians 2:19-21 ERV)
You were never bound by God to the Law which Paul spoke of to begin with, so how could you die it? undecided

The Law you are instead bound to as one who professes Jesus Christ, is the New Covenant, the Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Reflection 98: Being An Instrument / The Beauty Of Repentance / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/04/2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.