Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,315 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Despite Makinde’s Threat, PDP Postpones Zonal Congress - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite Makinde’s Threat, PDP Postpones Zonal Congress (12189 Views)

Jerry Gana, Audu, Others Decamp To PDP At Zonal Congress In Benue / Senator Adeleke’s Life Under Threat, PDP Cries Out / Investigate Akpabio Over Hitler-Poland Invasion Threat - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite Makinde’s Threat, PDP Postpones Zonal Congress by dam4sam: 7:44pm On Apr 07, 2021
He can DECAMP TO APC, that option is always there. grin grin
But either way, he wont get a second term with the way he fumbled with the Fulani Crisis in Oyo State.

Governor Makinde remains the highest-ranking PDP member in the SW and therefore he remains the PDP LEADER in the SW

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Makinde’s Threat, PDP Postpones Zonal Congress by onelovenigeria(m): 7:45pm On Apr 07, 2021
good day guys ....i made a post before about my lighting business....and i have just uploaded photos of the available items and all my product are pay on delivery so you will be safe...guys pls follow my instagram page @ifexlightingworld .... i'm looking forward to doing business with you... please you can dm me thanks
Re: Despite Makinde’s Threat, PDP Postpones Zonal Congress by GeneralPula: 7:49pm On Apr 07, 2021
PCG001:

Lol
Re: Despite Makinde’s Threat, PDP Postpones Zonal Congress by dam4sam: 7:51pm On Apr 07, 2021
MrPolitics:
I agree that it will be unwise to hold the congress against a court order
But Fayose needs to stop being a clog in the wheel of success.
How can you be dragging leadership with a sitting governor?
Something he would never have allowed while he was governor.
The man is sick

Fayose is really sick and trying to rehabilitate himself into mainstream Politics, somebody who should be in Jail, if not for the corruption of Nigerian Judges

1 Like

Re: Despite Makinde’s Threat, PDP Postpones Zonal Congress by Hiarmn(m): 7:57pm On Apr 07, 2021
if Seyi Makinde can play his game well, irrespective of anybody he will win second term , even if he decamp from PDP to SDP, as a sitting governor he can win

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Makinde’s Threat, PDP Postpones Zonal Congress by Abdulmumin412(m): 7:58pm On Apr 07, 2021
happney65:
Fake news..NL will not confirm any news but rush to push it to the FP.. I am not surprised,there is a Gang up on nairaland to always paint seyi black. It is always Negative news that make the FP here

As of now it hasnt been postponed. A statement was earlier released today in which the saraki led team is to reconcile seyi and fayose within 24hours.. The congress as of now has not been postponed.. Below is the statement..

"Opposition Peoples Democratic Party on Wednesday, moved to settle the differences between former Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose; and Governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde, within 24 hours.

This was contained in a statement signed by the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan.

Of late, the leadership of the South-West arm of the PDP has been embroiled in crisis with Fayose and Makinde at the centre of the ruckus.

Makinde, a first term governor, is the only PDP governor in the South-West zone while the other five states in the region are ruled by the governors of the All Progressives Congress.

The leadership tussle between Makinde and Fayose has since generated verbal confrontations.

The PUNCH had earlier reported that Fayose threatened to “work against” Makinde in the 2023 elections if the Oyo governor continues to “disrespect” him.

However, in the statement titled, ‘NWC Moves to Ensure Reconciliation, Smooth South West Zonal Congress’, Ologbondiyan said PDP leadership and the committee led by former Senate President Bukola Saraki will reconcile the two party chieftains.

The statement read, “The National Working Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party after an extensive meeting has scaled up processes for reconciliation and as it affects South West Zonal Congress of the party.

“The NWC resolved as follows:

“That beyond the legal conundrum in our party’s formation in the zone, the PDP must win the South West.

“Consequent upon this, the NWC further resolved that a meeting comprising of the National Chairman, the Deputy National Chairman, the National Secretary, the Senator Bukola Saraki-led Reconciliation and Strategic Committee, Governor Seyi Makinde and former Governor Ayo Fayose, be held immediately for urgent resolution of all issues concerning the South West.

“The NWC will meet on the outcome of this reconciliation meeting within the next 24 hours.”

https://punchng.com/pdp-moves-to-reconcile-fayose-makinde-within-24-hours/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2HEjb9txVyHZo4gEagW31f-NYk7ua2zdZgzH02u7-yT1Ng3bYRUZvUlyE#Echobox=1617817441
All I know is that the meeting should hold on 10th April if not this news is not fake
Re: Despite Makinde’s Threat, PDP Postpones Zonal Congress by NiceMen: 8:02pm On Apr 07, 2021
ZendayaColeman:
Makinde na very useless man.

Initial gra gra.....
all these APC bastard have found their voice again
Re: Despite Makinde’s Threat, PDP Postpones Zonal Congress by techmo(m): 8:04pm On Apr 07, 2021
cool

Makinde and his silly attitude

He wants to hijack everything to himself....

NURTW

Babaloja

Iyaloja

State Revenue collection

State waste management system

Southwest PDP

What of Fayose's camp that fought hard during his time

3 Likes

Re: Despite Makinde’s Threat, PDP Postpones Zonal Congress by anurd1991: 8:33pm On Apr 07, 2021
Eyah, see PDP loyalist grin.

I like u, u don't even hide your sympathy for Papa Deceiving Picking party cheesy

Monogamy:
Pdp shouldn't push Makinde the only Pdp governor in SW out of the party...

They can still settle the issue amicably

1 Like

Re: Despite Makinde’s Threat, PDP Postpones Zonal Congress by Johnnyessence(m): 9:11pm On Apr 07, 2021
Abdulmumin412:

All I know is that the meeting should hold on 10th April if not this news is not fake
Seyi makinde sakamaje parallel Congress will never hold.

1 Like

Re: Despite Makinde’s Threat, PDP Postpones Zonal Congress by Olatomiwami(m): 9:15pm On Apr 07, 2021
triple996:
all I know is that Igbo people no go smell power 2023 grin

Same way igbo said Tinubu will not smell the presidency, who do we believe now? grin grin grin I don't know when SE became the darling of APC
Re: Despite Makinde’s Threat, PDP Postpones Zonal Congress by ZendayaColeman(f): 9:16pm On Apr 07, 2021
NiceMen:
all these APC bastard have found their voice again

You're a fool. I don't support any politician.

Aguntan mi oje labe geesi, ise owo mi ni mo ounje
Re: Despite Makinde’s Threat, PDP Postpones Zonal Congress by yesloaded: 9:34pm On Apr 07, 2021
Monogamy:
Pdp shouldn't push Makinde the only Pdp governor in SW out of the party...

They can still settle the issue amicably

Makinde is a big disappointment

Money wasted on some useless projects can be used to improve standard of technical University, ibadan or Lautech teaching hospital in Ogbomosho.

Till this minute, makinde has not touch the lives of Lautech Hospital Ogbomosho.

Our secondary schools still in sorry state, no improvement in the areas of agriculture, human development, science and technology.

It's a shame that our politicians are like this
Re: Despite Makinde’s Threat, PDP Postpones Zonal Congress by olarbankz: 12:31am On Apr 08, 2021
If a woman can be submissive to her superiors at work and overly submissive to her father in christ, then she will only be a fool to say she is the leader of her home or share equal right with her husband.... Nonsense is Nonsense, no matter what ppl say it will still it has sense.
Re: Despite Makinde’s Threat, PDP Postpones Zonal Congress by majole: 1:34am On Apr 08, 2021
Nigeria is not ready
Re: Despite Makinde’s Threat, PDP Postpones Zonal Congress by Integrafamoo: 2:30am On Apr 08, 2021
MrPolitics:
I agree that it will be unwise to hold the congress against a court order
But Fayose needs to stop being a clog in the wheel of success.
How can you be dragging leadership with a sitting governor?
Something he would never have allowed while he was governor.
The man is sick
Fayose has paid his due as far as PDP is concerned
Re: Despite Makinde’s Threat, PDP Postpones Zonal Congress by chamboy(m): 3:54am On Apr 08, 2021
I love Yorubas.

We know how to get what we want in any situation.

lobbist4real.
Re: Despite Makinde’s Threat, PDP Postpones Zonal Congress by HRMK: 12:35pm On Apr 08, 2021
that is the only sensible thing to do!court orders must be obeyed so as not to make any decision from the such meeting noil&void!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP BoT Rejects Interim Exco, NEC Members Told To Withdraw Resignation / 2 APC Members Dead, 7 Injured, 3 Missing In Okerenkoko Boat Accident / Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.