Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) (3023 Views)

Is It True That Some Pastors Fornicate With Their Members? / RCCG Sells A Bag Of Rice At N9k To Their Members In Abuja / Weird Things Some African Pastors Have Made Their Members Do(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by NiklauseFred(m): 6:27am On Apr 08, 2021
haddeylium:

No country is without a religion or belief system tho

I think our own is a curse angry!
Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by Olaolex: 6:59am On Apr 08, 2021
chichima67791:
are these stories really true like this because I can't imagine one pastor during these to his fellow student... Unilag that every student is proud one kind one pastor will na be doing anyhow
yes! These stories are true. I was privileged to be in a choir practice, as two girls where were showing themselves something during practice. He(the choir master) then ask them to stand up which the refuse. Before we go blink eyes he don start to dey use cain on them.
Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by Blessed4sure: 7:21am On Apr 08, 2021
You dey mind the girl?

The Deeper life i know will never force a stranger to contribute money.

Not to talk of during "child dedication", whatever that means.

Let her enjoy her two seconds of fame anyway.

I just choose to ignore such fictitious stories.

Nezzjnr:

Child dedication in Deeper Life??

Which Deeper Life is that abeg undecided

Not saying you're lying oo

But when Did Deeper life start giving 2nd offering??

Do they give Envelope for Offering??

I'm not getting your post sha

2 Likes

Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by CodeTemplar: 10:12am On Apr 08, 2021
Seun:
Many people on social media are posting stories of punishments and abuse that they experienced OR witnessed in university fellowships:

Baby Boy started the discussion by saying, "I remember back in uni, when one of my guys came back home all moody and stuff. He said it was malaria, and I was pitying him. Only to later find out that Baba was flogged for coming late to Workers Meeting at BLW. I wanted to run mad. A fellow student flogged you? Haa!"

Samuel said, "I remember a student, who was a Uni fellowship dance dept leader, instructing some members who came late for rehearsal to either kneel down or stand on a chair & close their eyes. She gave each of them several slaps/punches. I left after that, because Jesus didn’t die for this."

Becca said, "That's how[b] I was asked to run round OAU (Big) football pitch[/b] for coming late for choir practice. If I could run, I wouldn't get there late. And you'll have to be running until he decides it's okay to stop o. Person wey I old pass o. If I hear say I join them, others did this."

Nene said, "That was how I was flogged at one youth meeting like that. Pastor said I have a spiritual husband and spiritual kids and that I have initiated have of his members. I had to confess when the flogging was too much. My dad arrested him the next day."

Yesin said, "I remembered in school, when they seized my roommate's phone with the intention of selling it because she was a PCF leader and hadn't contributed for their Pastor's birthday. Omo those people see me run!!! I told my roommate she wouldn't enter our room until she collected her phone. Then I told the leaders of the fellowship that they can no longer hold cell meetings in our room. After all I no be their member. We sha had it hot."

Prince of Jakarta said, "There was this babe I was on her matter during uni days, she invited me to her church as a criteria to agree. There, the pastor was complaining of how they don't praise him enough. That's how they knelt down and started apologising. I stopped disturbing the girl after that day."

And finally, Star Girl said, "The one that happened in UNILAG that year. They found out their student pastor wasn’t even a student. They were donating to the church, pastor used it to rent apartment, he sexually assaulted many of the girls. Some of them already even dropped out to focus on God. A mess!!

Which of these stories do you believe? Did you experience or hear about anything similar to the above when you were in a campus fellowship? To tell you the truth, I never heard of anything like that on campus, but I knew someone in Ota someone whose pastor "disciplined" her.
And some of these idiots are on SM abusing private uni grads who never tasted anything like these as babies. I know myself o. I fit organise acid for u if you try those nonsense with me.
Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by Hamzashaf99(f): 7:13pm On Apr 08, 2021
NiklauseFred:
I will say this over and over again,religion is one of the problems keeping Africa where it's today.

Can you imagine all this trash?!

Not the religions. The people that practice the religion are the problem.

3 Likes

Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by NiklauseFred(m): 8:16pm On Apr 08, 2021
Hamzashaf99:

I like ur analysis sha cool

1 Like

Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by ACRI: 3:20am On Apr 22, 2021
Hamzashaf99:

Spot on!

Give an average "allegedly" humble person power, they ll show their real nature.

Religious fanaticism in all its bright colors

1 Like

Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by ogbiwa: 6:29am On Apr 22, 2021
Never heard of this one Seun. I attended campus fellowships and never heard of or experienced such. Only God is the righteous Judge though.
Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by CrazyMan(m): 4:49pm On May 23, 2021
These stories are real.

I remember when I was still in school (200l) to be precise, my campus fellowship vice president (who I'm older than) visited me, I was playing one of Duncan mighty's song on my sound system (he was reigning then) that's how my VP just yelled at me....

He's exactly words were are you mad, what kind of silly song is that, better off that satanic music before I slap you I just changed my countenance and told him to leave my house since it's a satanic house, there's no need for him to come in.

He was trying to form this I'm your papa nonsense, but when he saw I was very serious and could change it for him, he left.

How can my junior threaten me in my own house for playing music on a sound system I purchased with my own money? Religion has really destroyed this country.

6 Likes

Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by LikeAking: 7:07pm On May 23, 2021
BetterChurch:
In ECKANKAR Campus Fellowship no such treatment

smiley

1 Like

Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by LikeAking: 7:11pm On May 23, 2021
chichima67791:
are these stories really true like this because I can't imagine one pastor during these to his fellow student... Unilag that every student is proud one kind one pastor will na be doing anyhow

Na normal thing for all uni.
Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by LikeAking: 7:15pm On May 23, 2021
I will disown my kids i them jonz this kind jonzing.

1 Like

Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by Lonelypacifist6: 7:37am On May 30, 2021
All these happened in a university setting that's supposed to be a citadel of learning, critical thinking and reason, in this day and age some people Still believe im sky daddy and ground troll?

1 Like

Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by wirinet(m): 7:43am On May 30, 2021
Lonelypacifist6:
All these happened in a university setting that's supposed to be a citadel of learning, critical thinking and reason, in this day and age some people Still believe im sky daddy and ground troll?
Nigerian universities turn out more pastors than scientists, engineers or researchers. If you were a critical thinker before entering a Nigerian University, you will come out a religious slowpoke.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by Lonelypacifist6: 3:31pm On May 30, 2021
Passionfruitt:

You're atheist?
Fortunately Yes.
Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by Lonelypacifist6: 4:31pm On May 30, 2021
Passionfruitt:

Funny, this morning, I planned to make a post about atheists in my diary later in the day.
You have a diary? I'm going to check it out.
Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 30, 2021
Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by Lonelypacifist6: 5:52pm On May 30, 2021
Passionfruitt:

Yeah.
I was going to write about how if one thinks Islam is the most intolerant of other religions, try atheism.

Atheisms don't believe in God, and they don't allow those who do, do so in peace.
Haha theists already condemned us to hell, everyday. I can't even openly confess my Atheism is public like you do your religion, I'm likely to be lyncned. Yet I'm the intolerant one! Maybe if JWs stop pressing my bells or knocking on my gates or someone stops trying to give me tracts in traffic. I'll concede.
Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by Lonelypacifist6: 5:54pm On May 30, 2021
Passionfruitt:

Yeah.
I was going to write about how if one thinks Islam is the most intolerant of other religions, try atheism.

Atheisms don't believe in God, and they don't allow those who do, do so in peace.
Theists believe in God but don't allow those who don't to do so in peace. We're not actively trying to recruit people into a religious cult.
Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 30, 2021
Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by wirinet(m): 8:20am On May 31, 2021
Passionfruitt:

Yeah.

Atheists don't believe in God, and they don't allow those who do, do so in peace.

The reverse is actually the case. Christians and Muslims claim they believe in God but never allow non believers live in peace. They assault us with their beliefs in our schools, universities, work places, streets and even homes. The mohammedian one is ready to kill, behead, bomb and rape women to force their beliefs on non believers (termed infidels)

The irony is that religion is primarily set up to oppress and suppress women, and impose male superiority, but it's women that is the greatest supporters of these religion and their misogynistic practices.
Talk of the best example of Stockholm syndrome.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by Nobody: 9:33am On May 31, 2021
wirinet:

The reverse is actually the case. Christians and Muslims claim they believe in God but never allow non believers live in peace. They assault us with their beliefs in our schools, universities, work places, streets and even homes. The mohammedian one is ready to kill, behead, bomb and rape women to force their beliefs on non believers (termed infidels)

The irony is that religion is primarily set up to oppress and suppress women, and impose male superiority, but it's women that is the greatest supporters of these religion and their misogynistic practices.
Talk of the best example of Stockholm syndrome.

We should all just tolerate one another, regardless of religious differences.

That's the most important thing.
Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by Symphony2: 11:58am On Jun 11, 2021
Man! I'm so proud of you
Re: How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly) by dblimited07(m): 4:53pm On Jun 15, 2021
Contact dbventures for your building plan
On whatsapp
+2347063164115

1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Did God Stop Man From Living For Ever? / If Jesus Is Alive Today, He Will Be A Palestinian Arab Christian (picture) / What Does It Mean When You Constantly Dream About Your Enemy Apologizing To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.