Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,653 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:40 AM

Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship (11681 Views)

Ibrahim David Salami: Nigeria Didn't File Any Case Against Sunday Igboho / Malami: I Didn’t Buy ₦300 Million Abuja House For My Son / Malami: "I Deliberately Referred To Abacha Loot As "Abacha's Assets" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by zionnastra: 6:02am On Apr 08, 2021
It is high time Nigerian leaders start thinking about the people and not diverting attention to their personal ambition. This dabbling will continue if Nigerian young graduates don't stand up to occupy government positions. Young graduates really really need to wake up, if not, our children will grow to witness worse things than we are currently experiencing.
This book has been recommended for a common zealous orientation by young Nigerian Graduates. Get your copy today - it is sacrosanct!

2 Likes

Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by Freemason1: 6:05am On Apr 08, 2021
Atiku’s grandfather and great grandfather were not Nigerian? LMAO? In that same thought, none of us are Nigerians because my great great grandfather were not Nigerians because Nigeria was not existing when they were born. Mad people everywhere

1 Like

Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by Abalado(f): 6:09am On Apr 08, 2021
Even if u do, God go shame u bro
Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by Deepthoughts: 6:10am On Apr 08, 2021
valentineuwakwe:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/04/07/i-didnt-file-any-suit-against-atikus-citizenship-malami/
But if Atiku was a citizen of any territory by birth n that territory is subsequently transferred to Nigeria by whatever legal means doesn't it automatically legally follow that all his rights and entitlement have also been transferred to Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by alizma: 6:11am On Apr 08, 2021
jimi4us:
Sahara reporters are becoming stupid every day
I do not know who is saying the truth or telling lies here but if any of the two news agency is stupid, that must be daily post because the previous news didn't say malami instituted a case against Atiku but rather it says malami uphold or confirmed that Atiku is not a Nigerian by circumstances surrounding his birth. So Malami will be 100% correct to say he didn't institute citizen case against Atiku. Unfortunately all this news agencies know that many Nigerians are good at jumping into conclusion over issues the have no previous knowledge about.
The right question for Malami would have be to find out if he is aware of such case, if yes, what is his position on it considering evidence stated by the body that institute the case.

4 Likes

Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by Zetty177x: 6:15am On Apr 08, 2021
If you file against Atiku, u must file against Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by naptu2: 6:24am On Apr 08, 2021
Freemason1:
Atiku’s grandfather and great grandfather were not Nigerian? LMAO? In that same thought, none of us are Nigerians because my great great grandfather were not Nigerians because Nigeria was not existing when they were born. Mad people everywhere

That's not what they are referring to.

Deepthoughts:
But if Atiku was a citizen of any territory by birth n that territory is subsequently transferred to Nigeria by whatever legal means doesn't it automatically legally follow that all his rights and entitlement have also been transferred to Nigeria?

You've almost got it right.

The issue in contention is that the constitution states that anybody that was born in a territory or whose parent or grand parent was born in a territory that became part of Nigeria at independence is a citizen of Nigeria. The date of independence is October 1st, 1960.

What this NGO, Nnamdi Kanu and APC are arguing is that the part of Adamawa that Atiku was born in was part of Cameroon until 1961.

Cameroon was colonised by Germany and it was handed over to France and Britain after World War 1.

The French part of Cameroon got its independence in 1960. There was a referendum in 1961 to determine if the British part would stay with Nigeria or become part of Cameroon. The northern part voted to stay with Nigeria, while the southern part voted to become part of Cameroon. Northern Cameroon became part of Nigeria on June 1st, 1961.

So, what these people are saying is that Atiku was not a Nigerian on October 2nd, 1960.

Anyway, this is a 2019 lawsuit. I think the National Assembly has corrected the problem since then.
Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by drlateef: 6:25am On Apr 08, 2021
Penguin2:
Them no born am well not to clarify issues.

It's not every fire you play with.

Atiku/Obi2023 is a goal

Tinubu can go and die. His rodents too.

I thought IPOB wanted Igbo president. Why play second fiddle again?
Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by prigoz(m): 6:40am On Apr 08, 2021
See damage control, am not surprised, APC can deny anytime, they can deny that Buhari is not their presidential candidate. Tufia

Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by PlainSight(m): 7:12am On Apr 08, 2021
Dumb and Dumber Malami.so confused of a man
Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by Duplexxx: 7:13am On Apr 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 08, 2021
Penguin2:

Atiku/Obi2023 is a goal

how many times? We are tired of them.
Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by sylve11: 7:21am On Apr 08, 2021
Penguin2:

Atiku/Obi2023 is a goal

I thought you guys said an Ibo man must be the next president or the country burns?

Which one come be Atiku/Obi?

Abi Atiku go be vice while obi na president? sad cool

1 Like

Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by sylve11: 7:23am On Apr 08, 2021
naptu2:

Click on my username to take you to the thread

They said that the 2019 Nigerian presidential election was between Sagasse Adjate Aboubakar of Cameroon vs Jubril Aminu of Sudan.

grin cool
Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by Zaggafrank: 8:02am On Apr 08, 2021
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

Welcome to Nigeria where people deny the truth openly.

Nigeria alone is a laugh pills . cheesy
The question is: Did he file the suit? Does being listed a co-defendant in a case translate to you being the plaintiff? A lot of ignorant people pervade this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by Okoroawusa: 8:09am On Apr 08, 2021
Sorry is the name of anyone that takes Saharareporters seriously...
Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by Misterone: 8:45am On Apr 08, 2021
Freemason1:
maybe you should read the constitution very well before you start talking rubbish. the constitution states that if your parents are from areas that make up Nigeria as at 1960 then you and your forefathers are Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by Misterone: 8:51am On Apr 08, 2021
Zaggafrank:

The question is: Did he file the suit? Does being listed a co-defendant in a case translate to you being the plaintiff? A lot of ignorant people pervade this country.
Thank you my brother. they just read the headlines and start commenting rubbish. at times they read with a negative mindset just to fault the government instead of reading to comprehend.
Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by bmaks: 8:53am On Apr 08, 2021
Abeg Federal Government when una go start another seasonal movie? the news in Nigeria space is going dry..... Sebi una dey cruise us naaaa, make una continue the driving
Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by bmaks: 8:55am On Apr 08, 2021
Misterone:
maybe you should read the constitution very well before you start talking rubbish. the constitution states that if your parents are from areas that make up Nigeria as at 1960 then you and your forefathers are Nigerians

This your response is too high for the KANURIZEDS ooooo �
Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by akdjr(m): 9:03am On Apr 08, 2021
Malam not Malami
iampeterben:
Who then filed the suit!
Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by RexTramadol1: 1:37pm On Apr 08, 2021
Enceladus:
My own is why is he the AGF and MOJ together? Those are two radically different roles. An AGF shouldn't be involved in dirty politics like this one is doing.

All through the Federation, the Commissioner for Justice is also the Attorney General
Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by Deepthoughts: 6:14pm On Apr 09, 2021
naptu2:

That's not what they are referring to.

You've almost got it right.

The issue in contention is that the constitution states that anybody that was born in a territory or whose parent or grand parent was born in a territory that became part of Nigeria at independence is a citizen of Nigeria. The date of independence is October 1st, 1960.

What this NGO, Nnamdi Kanu and APC are arguing is that the part of Adamawa that Atiku was born in was part of Cameroon until 1961.

Cameroon was colonised by Germany and it was handed over to France and Britain after World War 1.

The French part of Cameroon got its independence in 1960. There was a referendum in 1961 to determine if the British part would stay with Nigeria or become part of Cameroon. The northern part voted to stay with Nigeria, while the southern part voted to become part of Cameroon. Northern Cameroon became part of Nigeria on June 1st, 1961.

So, what these people are saying is that Atiku was not a Nigerian on October 2nd, 1960.

Anyway, this is a 2019 lawsuit. I think the National Assembly has corrected the problem since then.
It's ok then, it's just much adi about nothing after all, meanwhile something keep telling me that,all the desperation to destroy Atiku n deny him the presidency at all cost is because of his political n business experience, nationalistic posture,strong convictions n independence which will make him not easily controllable but the man might just be our rejected building stone after all.
Re: Malami: I Didn’t File Any Suit Against Atiku’s Citizenship by Jettie0: 7:16pm On Apr 15, 2021
[center][/center]

(1) (2) (Reply)

168 Passengers Of Kaduna Train Attack Still Unaccounted For - NRC / FG, Boko-Haram Hold Secret Talks In Senegal.. / 'INEC On Hit List' - BMO Reveals Pdp's Alleged 2019 'rigging' Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.