Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish (1542 Views)

Soldiers Stop APC Reps Candidate From Leaving His Home / 2015: South-south Will Disown Jonathan If He Doesn’t Run / Will You Support Any Law Against Polygamy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by sirjec(m): 11:22pm On Apr 18, 2011
Just the first time power is coming to the SOUTHSOUTH, the Northerners are rioting. We in SOUTHEAST/SOUTHSOUTH voted Yar'Adua and nobody killed any mallam in the whole south.

Now we are being killed for producing a president.

Now we know we are not one but we are just enduring and patching. Never will power return to the North. We sustain this country and If they are aggrieved, they should go form another country and elect their own leader.

All the Federal Ministries are occupied Northerners. They say National character yet other tribes are in no way represented. The Northerners are the national character, others tribes are not part of it. They employ 100 Northerners and 1 southerner. It has to end.

If the northerners are intelligent, where have they excelled outside this country? They push themselves and make themselves untouchable.

Today, the battleline is drawn, Let them respect themselves because the handshake we receive from them we will retaliate immediately.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by EzeUche2(m): 11:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
I understand your anger, but let us take a wait and see approach.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 18, 2011
There is no South.

Let's be honest. If the violence was happening in any of the southern region, there would be no "South" to curb the violence.

This is what I've been saying. Each southern things they're their own enemy, while there's a bigger foe up there.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by EzeUche2(m): 11:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
^^^

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

There may not be any "South" in the sense, but you don't see us killing each other in the name of politics or religion.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

^^^

There may not be any "South" in the sense, but you don't see us killing each other in the name of politics or religion.

Who told you that the SW or the MB views the North as enemies in totality?

If anything should happen in the SW, you dont see the SE or the SS helping out (or vise versa) . Each would rather fight to protect their ppl in the SW. Am I lying?
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by ektbear: 11:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

If anything should happen in the SW, you dont see the SE or the SS helping out (or vise versa) . Each would rather fight to protect their ppl in the SW. Am I lying?
Well said. I don't view the MB as my enemy. And the north is no more my enemy than the SE is. If one is my enemy, then so is the other. I don't care much for either, to be quite honest  tongue
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by ShangoThor(m): 11:44pm On Apr 18, 2011
There is a South, and there was a South before the inception of Nigeria. The enemies of reason will be defeated.
In order to coexist in a pluralistic polity like Nigeria, groups would have to follow rules applicable to all
without prejudice, but since our Northern non-compatriots are not willing to abide by the rules of the Constitution
then it's time for all Southern Nigerians to collude and make sure we are not subjugated in this Union.

Viva Southern Nigeria, it's the end of Northern tyranny. I predict there will never be a Northern led Government ever again.

Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by EzeUche2(m): 11:51pm On Apr 18, 2011
Thank God Ileke-Idi and Ekit_bear do not represent Yorubas as a whole.

My friends from the SW have been saying far worse than I have about the North. Sorry, but many Southerners are starting to view the North as an enemy to progress.

Either way, I am happy the SE and SS is united. That is my main concern.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by Beaf: 11:52pm On Apr 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Yes, in many ways.

When MKO Abiola was cheated, nobody saw it as a Yoruba thing, the whole country rioted. There are a thousand and one different examples to draw up.
If anything, some of todays youth (on all sides) are their own enemies, continously jumping at their own shadows and seeing creatures in the dark when there are none.

I am very uncomfortable with some of what I see on NL and the way its taken as reality on the ground. It isn't, in this times of torrid politics NL, is a darn unhealthy place to form life outlook opinions.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

Thank God Ileke-Idi and Ekit_bear do not represent Yorubas as a whole.

My friends from the SW have been saying far worse than I have about the North. Sorry, but many Southerners are starting to view the North as an enemy to progress.

Either way, I am happy the SE and SS is united. That is my main concern.

And I guess your SW "friend" represents the whole Yorubas.

Friend indeed. As a Yoruba woman, I'd be suspicious about your our friendship.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by Beaf: 11:55pm On Apr 18, 2011
ShangoThor:

There is a South, and there was a South before the inception of Nigeria. The enemies of reason will be defeated.
In order to coexist in a pluralistic polity like Nigeria, groups would have to follow rules applicable to all
without prejudice, but since our Northern non-compatriots are not willing to abide by the rules of the Constitution
then it's time for all Southern Nigerians to collude and make sure we are not subjugated in this Union.

Viva Southern Nigeria, it's the end of Northern tyranny. I predict there will never be a Northern led Government ever again.

I agree 100% with all you've said.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by EzeUche2(m): 11:56pm On Apr 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

And I guess your SW "friend" represents the whole Yorubas.

Friend indeed. As a Yoruba woman, I'd be suspicious about your our friendship.

Why would you be suspicious? You think Igbos have revenge on our minds? This is a time the Yoruba nation can make amends for the sins of the past.

We were never your enemy.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 18, 2011
Beaf:

Yes, in many ways.

When MKO Abiola was cheated, nobody saw it as a Yoruba thing, the whole country rioted. There are a thousand and one different examples to draw up.
If anything, some of todays youth (on all sides) are their own enemies, continously jumping at their own shadows and seeing creatures in the dark when there are none.

I am very uncomfortable with some of what I see on NL and the way its taken as reality on the ground. It isn't, in this times of torrid politics NL, is a darn unhealthy place to form life outlook opinions.

Hmm interesting.

So what is being posted on NL should not be taken as reality? You do understand that people would not say what they feel in reality. The internet provides anonymity.

Even if what is being said online is not totally true, one should not ignore it totally.

I've not yet seen anything (off NL) that proves that if anything happens tomorrow, the whole "South" would unite to work it out.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

Why would you be suspicious? You think Igbos have revenge on our minds? This is a time the Yoruba nation can make amends for the sins of the past.

We were never your enemy.

Nobody is talking about revenge. Do the Yoruba have revenge on their minds, I dont  know. I dont speak for the whole region.

We're talking about trust and the ability to work together without looking through the tribal lense here. This is sth the "South" (we should not exclude the MB) still has a problem with.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by EzeUche2(m): 12:00am On Apr 19, 2011
I sometimes feel that people in the SW are enemies to Southern unity.  cry

Whenever we try to unite against the North, these SW people always looking for mysterious phantoms.

Well at least the Ijaw, Urhobo, Ibibio, Ogoni, Isoko and other Niger Deltans are realizing the Igbos are their allies.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by ektbear: 12:00am On Apr 19, 2011
I don't like the north's born to rule mentality and their inflated population figures. I'd like to see a weaker central government. This is the only beef I have with them, really.

EzeUche_:

I don't think we sinned in the past.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 19, 2011
EzeUche_:

I sometimes feel that people in the SW are enemies to Southern unity.  cry

Whenever we try to unite against the North, these SW people always looking for mysterious phantoms.

Well at least the Ijaw, Urhobo, Ibibio, Ogoni, Isoko and other Niger Deltans are realizing the Igbos are their allies.

Have the Igbos realized that the Yorubas are their allies?

Is it not about time?

You have to realize that when it comes to land/education/ work/ marriage, Yorubas are detribalized. (my own perspective)
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 19, 2011
This is a time the Yoruba nation can make amends for the sins of the past.

See what I'm talking about?

Unity ko.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by ShangoThor(m): 12:05am On Apr 19, 2011
Southern Nigerians have spoken, whether they participated by voting or chose to abstain. They do not want a Northern led government, period.

Ignore this at your peril.

The North is burning because Northerners in general feel cheated out of their birthright to rule this Union, and yet some get carried away on NL
by refusing to acknowledge the existence of a 'South'.

Put it this way, the riots are not due to the fact that they want their leadership to modernize this country, or put them in a position to generate
wealth in order to contribute to the wealth of the Nation, it's just about ruling the country, which is symbolic, they don't care if it's a democratically
elected govt or a military led govt.

Enough is enough, and those that sit on the fence are equally responsible for the status quo.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by Beaf: 12:08am On Apr 19, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Hmm interesting.

So what is being posted on NL should not be taken as reality? You do understand that people would not say what they feel in reality. The internet provides anonymity.

Even if what is being said online is not totally true, one should not ignore it totally.

I've not yet seen anything (off NL) that proves that if anything happens tomorrow, the whole "South" would unite to work it out.

How about Buhari's mysterious NL popularity vs the stark reality on the ground? On NL, he was a storm, despite not campaigning in the South.
Southerners united to vote the caveman out.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by Basseti: 12:09am On Apr 19, 2011
The rioters are screaming a raba (Hausa for lets divide, and yes I speak Hausa tongue). Thats funny.

So a northerner wins it , it is ONE NIGERIA

A southerner wins it, it is NO NIGERIA.

Its this Born to rule mentality that makes the middle belt and some parts of the North seek thier own identity.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by EzeUche2(m): 12:10am On Apr 19, 2011
Beaf:

How about Buhari's mysterious NL popularity vs the stark reality on the ground? On NL, he was a storm, despite not campaigning in the South.

GBAM, GBOSA, GBAM, GBOSA!
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 19, 2011
Beaf:

Like I said on the the previous threads, multiple IDs = multiple votes (a possibility).

Then like you said, not everything on NL happens offline.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by ektbear: 12:18am On Apr 19, 2011
If we've sinned (something I don't believe and isn't supported by the historical accounts), we've not sinned any more than any other Nigerian group.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by coldhearts(f): 12:20am On Apr 19, 2011
sorry but SS/SE, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN. If we were all doing well as a nation, then maybe i'd have said differently.

Personally i'm tired of both North and SE/SS, and all the SWesterners i know feel this way. pls Leave SW out of this.

Nigeria needs unity but so far we are simply drifting apart because we have leaders that will not stand up to help the nation or stick up for it. I think Nigeria needs more than just luck at this point.
Nigeria's problem is more than just SS/SE/NC etc but then again maybe a split will do just fine.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by ektbear: 12:32am On Apr 19, 2011
The main thing I dislike about this southern unity stuff is that it is somebody trying to guilt-trip someone else. Rather than meeting in terms of common interest.

"You should support us, because you sinned against us in the past."

That, I strongly disagree with. . . we don't owe anybody anything.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by paddylo1(m): 12:35am On Apr 19, 2011
ShangoThor:

Southern Nigerians have spoken, whether they participated by voting or chose to abstain. They do not want a Northern led government, period.

Ignore this at your peril.

The North is burning because Northerners in general feel cheated out of their birthright to rule this Union, and yet some get carried away on NL
by refusing to acknowledge the existence of a 'South'.

Put it this way, the riots are not due to the fact that they want their leadership to modernize this country, or put them in a position to generate
wealth in order to contribute to the wealth of the Nation, it's just about ruling the country, which is symbolic, they don't care if it's a democratically
elected govt or a military led govt.

Enough is enough, and those that sit on the fence are equally responsible for the status quo.

you said it all . . .how some clueless southerners on nairaland ever thought of voting that fossilized human being called buhari is beyond me

I am so proud of the South easterners especially. . .the block votes really helped GEJ

The SW voted GEJ cause they were not really interested in this presidency. . .

I hope GEJ rules for the next 8yrs. . yes i said it. . .i dont care

let the north choke on it. . .

The SS got the oil so they shouldnt be begging anyone . . .if anything they should be dictating the terms. . .of this unholy union
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by daamerican: 12:43am On Apr 19, 2011
So glad to see a stable functioning democratic society finally rising in Africa, oh wait, nevermind, nothing new here.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by ektbear: 12:51am On Apr 19, 2011
daamerican:

So glad to see a stable functioning democratic society finally rising in Africa, oh wait, nevermind, nothing new here.
undecided

It would have been best off split into three countries at the beginning.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by sbeezy8: 12:58am On Apr 19, 2011
i dont know why sw people waste there time.

when abola fiasco went down who sided with yoruba to tell ibb abacha mko WON? NO ONE. no peep out of delta middle belt or east.

GEJ won ok fine leave SW out of it.

history shows theres always a stupid SW person in the middle of everything. Awo should have stayed out of civil war, soyinka should have stayed out of niger delta biafra, Fela should have stayed out aswell. obj should have stayed out of north vs south beef, he handed over to shagari n he helped GEJ.

mehn . . .  dis nigeria is stupiiid
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by Nobody: 1:02am On Apr 19, 2011
Yea, why do you think the so called sw leaders have tried to stay out of this mess.

Next you'll see them on NL blaming the yorubas for everything. Who cares, GEJ won, leave the sw out of this chaos.
Re: The South Will Never Support Any Candidate From North, Let Them Go If They Wish by EzeUche2(m): 1:04am On Apr 19, 2011
The chaos will spread to the SW. That train is never late if the the South does not act in a united front. The North has easier access to the SW than the East. That is a fact.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Subsidy Clarifications And Queries - An Open Letter To The Economic Team / Boko Haram Deny Involvement In Kidnapping Of British And Italian Victims / Boko Haram Vows To Attack Southern Nigeria – Names Cities To Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.