Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto (46538 Views)

Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? / Dutch Firm Releases 'First Solar Car That Travels 450 Miles On Single Charge' / Fit-Car PPV: The World's First Pedal-Powered Car (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by Kingdemu: 3:43pm On Apr 08, 2021
JUST IN: First Solar powered Electric Car Charging Station inaugurated In Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto .

Director General of the National Automotive Design and Development Commission, Jelani Aliyu described the launch as a milestone achievement and the beginning of a new era in Nigeria .

According to him, the centre is a clear testimony of the federal government's commitment to promoting advanced technology on Nigeria necessary that to power the nation's economy to a greater height.

He says the collaboration between the NADDC and Nigeria universities of which the Usmanu Danfodio university is one of them is to ensure the adoption of advance technology anywhere in the world in Nigeria.

The two other universities working with NADDC are the University of Lagos, and the University of Nigeria Nsukka aim at aiding research and development in this sector.

https://www.tvcnews.tv/first-solar-powered-electric-car-charging-station-inaugurated-in-sokoto/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by Kingdemu: 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2021
More

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by hisgrace090: 3:58pm On Apr 08, 2021
Hope they'll not take the second one to sambisa forest because this govt never fail to amaze us.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by Kingdemu: 4:12pm On Apr 08, 2021
hisgrace090:
Hope they'll not take the second one to sambisa forest because this govt never fail to amaze us.
So you couldn't see that is is a collaboration between the NADDC and universities and UDUS is first? So UDUS that provided the technical know-how and manpower will refuse to site the project within the University but carry it to Onitsha just to satisfy you?

149 Likes 10 Shares

Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by aieromon(m): 4:57pm On Apr 08, 2021
hisgrace090:

Read!
Read!!
Read!!!

He says the collaboration between the NADDC and Nigeria universities of which the Usmanu Danfodio university is one of them is to ensure the adoption of advance technology anywhere in the world in Nigeria.

The two other universities working with NADDC are the University of Lagos, and the University of Nigeria Nsukka aim at aiding research and development in this sector.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by Absoj(m): 5:03pm On Apr 08, 2021
So how many solar powered vehicles are there in Sokoto

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by Kingdemu: 7:01pm On Apr 08, 2021
Absoj:
So how many solar powered vehicles are there in Sokoto
Lol. Show me one solar powered vehicle where you are. It is a Solar Powered Charging Station for Electric Vehicles Sir. If you have a solar powered vehicle then the sun should be your charging station na cheesy

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by olenyi: 10:30pm On Apr 08, 2021
Make unknown men no come carry person car ooo as e dey wait make e charge finish.

3 Likes

Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by PAQ(m): 12:50am On Apr 09, 2021
Nairalanders dont like reading, they just prefer pictures of big ikebe. That is why things like XYZ is twerking will make front page!

I remember when Hyundai Kona was launched in Lagos as first locally assembled electric vehicle, na so e-rats made a mockery of it because of our epileptic power supply, forgetting that there are high brow areas cut across the country that enjoy 24/7 stable electricity. I wish this charging station can be made across all the 36 states, it will shock some people at the amount of EVs that will flock our roads.

A very welcome development from the north, this is the kind of healthy competition we need in terms of development. Not the current unhealthy tribalistic &
religious competition we currently have.

140 Likes 13 Shares

Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by CocoaOla: 6:12pm On Apr 09, 2021
Good but sokoto main city will make more sense how many students in that school can afford 26million naira car

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by surrogatesng: 9:28pm On Apr 09, 2021
great

1 Like

Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by sultaan(m): 12:38am On Apr 10, 2021
Please people where is the Jelili man from that run the auto development agency, I think he used government fund to build a charge station for him self

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by iceberylin(m): 12:40am On Apr 10, 2021
Oil hungry FG won't like this

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by MaryamUmar2020: 12:40am On Apr 10, 2021
shocked
Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by Walkee: 12:40am On Apr 10, 2021
America want to make countries like Nigeria useless and you people are foolishly nodding your heads. A country that fully depends on crude oil is sheepishly happy with the advent of electric and solar powered cars.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by futurerex: 12:40am On Apr 10, 2021
Nigeria my country! How's this an achievement in 21st century

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by janedonez(m): 12:41am On Apr 10, 2021
Noce
Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by tiswell(m): 12:43am On Apr 10, 2021
only if insecurity will let is stand the test of time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by funkybroyouknow: 12:49am On Apr 10, 2021
If nigeria had leaders with vision we would use be using this same solar for electricity generation for the national grid

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by RemoveKebab: 12:50am On Apr 10, 2021
Hope bandits wont be asking for charging fee

3 Likes

Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by AnneMomoh: 12:50am On Apr 10, 2021
Why Does this EV have the Same Engine and Config of a fuel-Powered Car.

Wet Cell Battery?

9 Likes

Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by Lewisalexander(m): 12:52am On Apr 10, 2021
Hope they have light to charge the cars
Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by Kobicove(m): 12:53am On Apr 10, 2021
Bb
Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by thatsleepboy1: 12:54am On Apr 10, 2021
Good.
Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by bigdammyj: 12:54am On Apr 10, 2021
Noted
Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by GeneralPula: 1:00am On Apr 10, 2021
Flatinoz will every thread to thread spread hatred towards anything that’s not from their potopoto region..

Whenever they’re being served the same hatred back, they’ll start screaming the hatred towards the Igbos..

Nonsense & Nnamdi..

12 Likes

Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by Nobody: 1:07am On Apr 10, 2021
Kingdemu:
Lol. Show me one solar-powered vehicle where you are. It is a solar-powered charging station for electric vehicles Sir. If you have a solar-powered vehicle then the sun should be your charging station na cheesy

Lol. Show me one solar-powered vehicle where you are.

This is a pilot project duh undecided.

If you have a solar-powered vehicle then the sun should be your charging station na

Where will the energy from the sun be stored, in your head or a battery?
If you choose your head (as I know you probably will) does it have PV cells to convert sunlight into electricity?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by neyohh: 1:10am On Apr 10, 2021
Now this is forward thinking

4 Likes

Re: First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto by shigishege: 1:16am On Apr 10, 2021
This shouldn't/wouldn't have been a big deal if we had good leaders from the past. But since ordinary electric car charging station ( an already finished product from South Africa ) is one of the biggest achievement Nigeria government have been able to record so far ( since independence ) I say a big congratulations to the so called FG. Let me stop here before they ask for my head, because I can see how that guy above was heavily masturbating on this their "sokoto achievement" asking someone how many of this station is in Onitcha. But I don't blame him, because he was only showing he is a true Nigeria-born, small thing they freak them ehn.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Checkout Our Made-In-Nigeria Keke NAPEP (PHOTOS) / 10 Most Expensive Cars In The World / Innoson Is Not The Only Vehicle Manufacturer In Nigeria. See The Others (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.