Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out (15769 Views)

Osun Assembly Counters Adeleke, Orders Status Quo On LG Administration / Anambra Rejects FG’s Emergency Rule Option, Says Killings Worse In APC States / Tax Defaulters In Nigeria: Obasanjo, Davido, Omisore, Others Top 19,000 List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by ZendayaColeman(f): 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2021
Nedalmp:
100% sure bet 9ja game available today

Payment after winning

Msg me on WhatsApp 0 7 0 8 5 7 9 9 3 5 4

Get a life

1 Like

Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by alienvirus: 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2021
Lol. You were once Nig president

1 Like

Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by Memphitz357: 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2021
Karlovych:
The useless gworo chewing vegetable in Aso rock has completely destroyed the country. Even when Yar'adua was sick he outperformed this current dullard by far, this is what happens when you prefer nepa bill certificate to PhD certificate. Even zombies like madridgai are feeling the heat and are looking for alternatives
But that 45 year old foolish vulture meat selling bbqgrillz still believes Buhari is the best thing that has happened to Nigeria since it's amalgamation in 1914.
Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by Babyboyforeal(m): 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2021
This is one of the person who contributed to the down fall of this great nation

1 Like

Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by 9jaRealist: 2:56pm On Apr 09, 2021
Amotolongbo:
NULGE opposes move to delist councils from constitution

https://m.guardian.ng/news/lg-administration-getting-worse-in-nigeria-obasanjo-cries-out/

We should stop wasting money on our so-called “LGAs” and instead adopt the Lagos LCDA model...

Almost every local government “election” in Nigeria results in the ruling party winning all seats...
Which means effectively wasting scarce funds on state election commissions and these dodgy “elections”.

Let’s simply have state-created LCDAs (and each state can have as many as it can sustain)...
Funded by the state governments (using the funds presently wasted on LG “elections” among others).

>

1 Like

Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by samdunzo: 2:59pm On Apr 09, 2021
For local government administration, I think we should copy the US and UK model and merge LG's that make a city into one. Places like Lagos, Ibadan, Onitsha, Kano, PH, etc. should be governed by a mayor-council. For rural LGAs, I also think traditional rulers should have more of a say in governance, especially in the North where emirs/sultans still play an important role. Lastly, I believe that the NPF should be scrapped and replaced by Regional security outfits(eg Amotekun) and local/municipal police. I think these things would truly bring governance to the people and make local governance more effective

1 Like

Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by Charly68: 3:04pm On Apr 09, 2021
Baba is not sincere with himself . He is part of the rot in our system yet he speaks as if he is righteous

2 Likes

Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by nextstep(m): 3:12pm On Apr 09, 2021
1. Citizens, once again, are responsible for electing the right people, and criticizing/removing them when needed. TO use my own LGA as an example, money that's supposed to be used for development is shared among the officials, and youths are busy hailing them and collecting their own.

2. LGAs need to be able to tax their residents to raise revenues. There needs to be a way for them to collect taxes on homes/land and on sales. In the US/UK/Japan, people pay taxes/levy on the value of their real property and a piece of sales tax to the county (LGA). State collects sales and some income tax. Federal collects the majority of income tax. This way every jurisdiction has some level of independence.

3. I know OBJ isn't talking, as if he wasn't one of those military administrators he's complaining about. angry

2 Likes

Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by nextstep(m): 3:14pm On Apr 09, 2021
seanfer:
OBJ is always showing us how shameless an adult he is. The 1999 election that brought him to power was the same that brought all the 774 LGA Chairmen conducted by INEC. But once this old man gets into power he made sure that INEC never organize election for LGS again and this made the state Governors to turn LGAs to their second cashing point. He refused to pay all the LGAs in Lagos for years even when the Supreme Court judgement that order him to pay the allocation.
OBJ is the foundation of our problems since 1999. He introduced money bag legislature, used federal government agencies to witch-hunt his political enemies.
So the old man should keep shut.

You said it better than I could. He's really part of the problem.

3 Likes

Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by aBrokeRichDude: 3:14pm On Apr 09, 2021
samdunzo:
For local government administration, I think we should copy the US and UK model and merge LG's that make a city into one. Places like Lagos, Ibadan, Onitsha, Kano, PH, etc. should be governed by a mayor-council. For rural LGAs, I also think traditional rulers should have more of a say in governance, especially in the North where emirs/sultans still play an important role. Lastly, I believe that the NPF should be scrapped and replaced by Regional security outfits(eg Amotekun) and local/municipal police. I think these things would truly bring governance to the people and make local governance more effective

Oya explain... Now tell me how would the govt now loot funds if they go according to this E nr go work

Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by aBrokeRichDude: 3:17pm On Apr 09, 2021
Amotolongbo:
NULGE opposes move to delist councils from constitution

https://m.guardian.ng/news/lg-administration-getting-worse-in-nigeria-obasanjo-cries-out/

Okay sir, wat do you want us to do now sir .... Bcus me nr join una loot d money oo undecided

Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by samdunzo: 3:22pm On Apr 09, 2021
aBrokeRichDude:

Oya explain... Now tell me how would the govt now loot funds if they go according to this E nr go work

fiscal federalism, in the US and UK, a combo of property taxes and government funds from state and federal govts are used to fund local governments. We can do the same here.

1 Like

Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 09, 2021
Sammy07:
Shut up man.
You are also part of the problems of this county.
If only you had set a good record from scratch and you have execute all the military leaders when you assumed office (like what the guy in ghana did) we wouldn't have Buhari by now.

Kidnapping a sitting governor
Killing opposition party aspirants (In remembrance of that World bank consultant from Ekiti state embarassed, forgotten his name)
Ayo adramola. It shall never be well with obj and fayoshe

1 Like

Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by scarycuteface(m): 3:23pm On Apr 09, 2021
Na today?
Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 09, 2021
Baba Werey, LG should be scrapped off. Since federal govt can't remit funds to them, they now recruit touts to extort money from private car owners as revenue.

2 Likes

Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by aBrokeRichDude: 3:27pm On Apr 09, 2021
samdunzo:

fiscal federalism, in the US and UK, a combo of property taxes and government funds from state and federal govts are used to fund local governments. We can do the same here.

And i ask again... how will the government loot funds The Nigeria govt only practice wat dey can manipulate to loot funds....
Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by Kingspin(m): 3:28pm On Apr 09, 2021
Whatever will make Nigeria work, nobody wants to talk or hear about them

1 Like

Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by Benjaminjoel65(m): 3:32pm On Apr 09, 2021
Becoming less valued. Hardly do we know or recognize our LGA chairmen in this country again.

2 Likes

Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by samdunzo: 3:32pm On Apr 09, 2021
aBrokeRichDude:

And i ask again... how will the government loot funds The Nigeria govt only practice wat dey can manipulate to loot funds....

With autonomy, there is less incentive to loot funds for your local government. If you loot, you lose the means to build roads, police stations, schools, etc. The reason why looting is so common now is because of the belief that oil money will soon be given. No one works for their money, so it can be looted with ease. However, this is bound to change with the embrace of EVs, so soon people will have to work for funds. Once this happens, looting will no longer be feasible, cuz there wont be any sharing of funds to fall back on

1 Like

Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by seyz91(m): 3:38pm On Apr 09, 2021
cheesy
philo04:
is there anything called LG apart from LG products
Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by ChereCC77(m): 3:39pm On Apr 09, 2021
Obj is a big failure. During his time what did he do. Full, ape. Looking for third tenure

2 Likes

Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by batlog007(m): 3:40pm On Apr 09, 2021
Emperor4tune:
obj my real niggar
Na una dey make d old niggar feel important

1 Like

Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by ChereCC77(m): 3:42pm On Apr 09, 2021
[quote author=nextstep post=100639447]

You said it better than I could. He's really part of the problem. exactly
Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by inspector1(m): 3:44pm On Apr 09, 2021
=seanferOBJ is always showing us how shameless an adult he is. The 1999 election that brought him to power was the same that brought all the 774 LGA Chairmen conducted by INEC. But once this old man gets into power he made sure that INEC never organize election for LGS again and this made the state Governors to turn LGAs to their second cashing point. He refused to pay all the LGAs in Lagos for years even when the Supreme Court judgement that order him to pay the allocation.
OBJ is the foundation of our problems since 1999. He introduced money bag legislature, used federal government agencies to witch-hunt his political enemies.
So the old man should keep shut.

SHUT UR DIRTY MOUTH..... OUT OF THE 774 LG IN NIGERIA, WHY IS LAGOS CASE TAKE DIFFERENT? IN 1999 LAGOS STATE GOVT CHOOSE TO CREATE ADDITIONAL MORE COUNCIL WITH THE HOPE TO GET MORE FUND FROM THE FG & OBJ ADVISED THE GOVERNOR TO RETURN TO STATUS QUO BUT HE REFUSED. FG THEN DECIDE NOT TO RELEASE FUND, IS THAT OBJ FAULT OR THE GOVERNOR?
STOP SPREADING LIE.... because U ARE BENEFITING FROM APC GOVT.
Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by Adeolajude(m): 3:48pm On Apr 09, 2021
Baba na old school u dey yern ..give the money to the local government and the people in charge will start grading their own stomachs..simple..curropt and rotten country
Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by inspector1(m): 3:50pm On Apr 09, 2021
=ChereCC77 100640199]Obj is a big failure. During his time what did he do. Full, ape. Looking for third tenure

USE UR BRAIN NOT UR ANUS.... FACT IF U CARE TO KNOW; FROM 1999 TILL DATE NO OTHER ADMINISTRATION BEAT OBJ/ATIKU RECORD IN ALL RAMIFICATIONS.
Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by Faithful1234(m): 3:56pm On Apr 09, 2021
u are part of our problem.
Re: LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out by justice2010: 4:07pm On Apr 09, 2021
With money being paid directly to the local government from the federal coffers, some of these thieving chairman make me wish the governors where still collecting the funds. The people are now seeing less of the dividends when it seems things should even get better. Power hungry chairman using the funds to buy houses, expensive cars, expensive life styles while the masses even suffer more. Look at Fuad Atanda chairman ikoyi/oblande in lagos, he grew up in obalande, his mom is still a tailor in obalande, people were happy when he became the chairman. But today people are suffering from his arrogance and style of governance, because he would rather try to rub shoulders with the rich he looked up too growing up than to elevate the poor he grew up with.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did AMCON Offer Otedola’s Aircraft For Sale? / Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) / ‘PDP Lost Ekiti Because Fayose Took People For Granted’- Owoseni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.