Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,119 members, 7,849,497 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:43 PM

How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? (5404 Views)

Poll: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced?

Into North and south Nigeria: 21% (7 votes)
Into 3 parts: 63% (21 votes)
Remain as one Nigeria even with the killings in the North: 15% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One / The Second Woman In GEJ Life That He Doesnt Want Nigeria To Know About / Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by MaziUche0(m): 5:16am On Apr 19, 2011
ekt_bear:

The same Igbo who were rubbing the GEJ victory in our faces yesterday? Taunting over that win? When they weren't even the ones running for office  

If that is an olive branch, I wonder what a sword looks like.

Who was taunting? We included you all. . . *smh*

BTW, if you know Goodluck Jonathan's area, you would definitely know he has Igbo in him. So he is close enough.
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by MaziUche0(m): 5:16am On Apr 19, 2011
Deleted
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by ektbear: 5:20am On Apr 19, 2011
MaziUche0:

Who was taunting? We included you all. . . *smh*

BTW, if you know Goodluck Jonathan's area, you would definitely know he has Igbo in him. So he is close enough.

I don't have time to bump up threads from yesterday; you'll have to go look at them yourselves. Won't be more than 2 or 3 pages deep.

MaziUche0:

Well it seems like the SS love us now. And no one trust the Yoruba. Stop the backstabbing then people will actually trust you all.
*shrug* I could care less.
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by MaziUche0(m): 5:21am On Apr 19, 2011
But let us all be serious. . .

The Yoruba need the rest of the South in order to leave the union. It is as simple as that.

Rightly or wrongly, the nation has to be recognized as a sovereign nation. If you all are not recognized by the world, technically, you are not a nation. Look at the autonomous region of Puntland in Somalia. They have a functioning government but they are not recognized. Maybe you all should think about it.

The international community will recognize a country made up of the Niger Delta faster than a Yoruba nation that serves no strategic value.
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by Nobody: 5:21am On Apr 19, 2011
If asked by a foreigner, how would you describe the Yoruba Youth?

The description of Yoruba youths may varies depending on who is being asked, ofcourse.
Yoruba youths, they're like the typical educated youth of the nation, striving for change.
They're hardworking. They care deeply for education. Let's take my  beautiful, fruitful and God-blessed home state for example.

Ekiti state indigence are serious about education, any little uninformed academic change may set them off. They're amongst the nation's top states whose educated female %age CANNOT be disputable. These Ekiti youths can and will never settle for less.

When God looked at Nigeria, he foresaw destruction. When God cried for the country he so loved, the tear drop that gently slid out of his lids formed the great space we now call Ekiti state. We're his tear drops, that later became his fountain of knowledge.

Nigerian Youths can be found at almost every facet of Nigeria's job specialization. Unfortunately, they do not fight to be in politics, to take Nigeria's future into their own hands. That will soon change, that is my hope.

Let's just say the typical Yoruba youths are blessed.
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by step1: 5:21am On Apr 19, 2011
MaziUche0:

The Igbo youth. . .

If it was up to our parents, they would never allow us to trust the Yorubas. Maybe for good reasons though.  undecided

This is one of the reasons parents need to stop teaching there children hate against other groups. Most igbos don't trust us because of the 1960's war but the reason is so annoying and stu.pid it make me sick. The sooner igbos trust yorubas then the better it is. Igbos in lagos are trusting yorubas until the JJC called chief Uche came to talk about the politics of Lagos. Trust the yorubas as they have trusted you and you would see change and unity.
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by Chyz2: 5:23am On Apr 19, 2011
ekt_bear:

In fact, I didn't actually see any posts by SS folk taunting. It was Igbos entirely. And you wonder why no one likes ya'll.

ROFLMAO! Dude, you sound really gay.
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by Jenifa1: 5:23am On Apr 19, 2011
step1:

This is one of the reasons parents need to stop teaching there children hate against other groups. Most igbos don't trust us because of the 1960's war but the reason is so annoying and stu.pid it make me sick. The sooner igbos trust yorubas then the better it is. Igbos in lagos are trusting yorubas until the JJC called chief Uche came to talk about the politics of Lagos. Trust the yorubas as they have trusted you and you would see change and unity.

lol. I always thought the mistrust was between igbos and hausas?
but yea I agree that parents ought to stop teaching their kids tribalism.
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by MaziUche0(m): 5:24am On Apr 19, 2011
Deleted
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by Ystranger: 5:25am On Apr 19, 2011
Jenifa_:

lol. I always thought the mistrust was between igbos and hausas?
but yea I agree that parents ought to stop teaching their kids tribalism.

Again Jenifa,

This is where I always step in. Stop faking Niaja-ness. Your knowledge of and about Nigeria is ZERO.

Go back to Latvia
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by EkoIle1: 5:26am On Apr 19, 2011
MaziUche0:

Well it seems like the SS love us now.

mumu, una be means to achieve an end. na use den use you as usual.

wetin go happen when you discover say GEJ no go fit deliver the fantasy presidency as promised? We don read the script already, we just dey wait for the movie to come out and start lmao.

Few months from now, you go begin holla marginalization, you go begin blame cats and dogs, you go begin blame Yoruba people as usual and as expected,

You people are like circus clowns, I look at you and laugh hard.
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by step1: 5:26am On Apr 19, 2011
MaziUche0:

But let us all be serious. . .

The Yoruba need the rest of the South in order to leave the union. It is as simple as that.

Rightly or wrongly, the nation has to be recognized as a sovereign nation. If you all are not recognized by the world, technically, you are not a nation. Look at the autonomous region of Puntland in Somalia. They have a functioning government but they are not recognized. Maybe you all should think about it.

The international community will recognize a country made up of the Niger Delta faster than a Yoruba nation that serves no strategic value.

You are joking right !

We do not care about ND because we are not parasites as you people coined it. We do not care about oil or anything in the ND. The ND can all F off for all we care. How can there be a nation if they all just depend on crude oil, well it shows the kind of people we have in Nigeria (low brainers). If the east what unity, then they should trust us in every decision we make that's all.
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by MaziUche0(m): 5:27am On Apr 19, 2011
I am find using a passport getting into Lagos. The city has no value to me. Keep the Yoruba babes plentiful and you will have no complaint from me. cool
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by ektbear: 5:27am On Apr 19, 2011
Chyz*:

ROFLMAO! Dude, you sound really gay.

Heh. I guess I should have been less diplomatic. . . substitute "nobody likes" for "everyone universally hates."

In any case, gay or not, the point stands.
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by Jenifa1: 5:27am On Apr 19, 2011
ystranger,

didn't we make a compact never to mention each other's usernames? Please don't start with me. scroll up and click the log off button if you can't learn to ignore my posts.
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by Chyz2: 5:28am On Apr 19, 2011
We voted for who we voted for and you all voted for your own now this sissy Dipo is running around crying up and down like a little girl. Grow up.
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by MaziUche0(m): 5:29am On Apr 19, 2011
Chyz*:

We voted for who we voted for and you all voted for your own now this sissy Dipo is running around crying up and down like a little girl. Grow up.

That is too hard for them. Soon they will be saying Igbos only voted for GEJ in the SW.  grin
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by tyrant11: 5:29am On Apr 19, 2011
WHY HAVENT WE LEFT YET. CUS WE HAVENT STARTED DEVELOPING OUR RESOURCES YET.

WE STILL DEY enjoy niger delta oil.

once bitumen development starts and we start doing what we need to do, then bye bye to the rest of you all. south south / south east / north and the rest byeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by MaziUche0(m): 5:30am On Apr 19, 2011
tyrant11:

WHY HAVENT WE LEFT YET. CUS WE HAVENT STARTED DEVELOPING OUR RESOURCES YET.

WE STILL DEY enjoy niger delta oil.

once bitumen development starts and we start doing what we need to do, then bye bye to the rest of you all. south south / south east / north and the rest byeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Someone said you all were not parasites. Enjoying Niger Delta oil?  grin
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by ektbear: 5:31am On Apr 19, 2011
You are in no position to tell anyone "grow up", acting like a pre-k student saying, "that's gay."

Vote for who you like. . . but don't be surprised or perplexed if people grow displeased at rigging.

There is always a price to pay for dishonesty.
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by Jenifa1: 5:31am On Apr 19, 2011
Eko Ile:

Few months from now, you go begin holla marginalization, you go begin blame cats and dogs,

lol. today, GEJ is igbo has igbo blood, tomorrow  lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by MaziUche0(m): 5:31am On Apr 19, 2011
I think we can thank sjeezy, ekt_bear and ileke-idi for making it Igbo vs. Yoruba.

When the North is the bigger problem!

Even bluetooth came around and said we must be united. Bluetooth, the one you least expect. Where are our moderate Yorubas? Where is Shangothor?
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by Ystranger: 5:32am On Apr 19, 2011
Jenifa_:

ystranger,

didn't we make a compact never to mention each other's usernames? Please don't start with me. scroll up and click the log off button if you can't learn to ignore my posts.

Really?

Well, you reneged. So I have no choice but to go back to square one.  You promised to stop mis-representing yourself as Nigerian, No?
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by step1: 5:32am On Apr 19, 2011
MaziUche0:

Can you really blame them? You can blame Pa Awolowo for that mistrust. Somebody who you all hold with such high esteem.

And when did Yorubas start trusting Igbos? grin That is something new. Yorubas trust no one!

I have every right to blame them. I have try to see the wrong Awolowo did by being objective but I have found none. Lets us not go back to war talk right now the problem with SE is that they think SW people are out to get them which a very wrong notion. The sooner Igbos start trusting other groups the better it is. The last time yorubas trusted a group, they were betrayed by Nnamdi Azikiwe who was igbo by ethnicity.
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by MaziUche0(m): 5:32am On Apr 19, 2011
Jenifa_:

lol. today, GEJ is igbo has igbo blood, tomorrow  lipsrsealed

Do you doubt it? We Igbos got the presidency through the back door. His grandfather came from my town!  cool

God bless the Ijaw and Igbo of Otueke!
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by Nobody: 5:33am On Apr 19, 2011
Would you describe an average Yoruba person as tribalistic?

Well, one cannot desribe millions of people as tribalistic based on the action of a few (even if it was 50 people you met in one day) samples.
The problem that is so hard for non-yorubas to understand is that Yorubas do not trust easily. We look out for our interest, mainly before we look out for others. As earlier stated, Yorubas may be the cream of the crops, but they're greatly detested for unfathomable reasons. Therefore this great nation has to stand on its own feet and look out for its own interest.

Many sees Yorubas as that person the spyglass that stands guard on a pirate ship. True, we're the first to know what danger awaits in Nigerian politics. We do our best to protect and to provide.

Our women and men are de-tribalized, they marry from any tribe. Our land are open to any tribe. Our tradititonal attires are being worn in almost every region.
Most of the great people in Nigeria came out of a SWestern university. The SW teaches them to spread them into the world.

We are simply a peaceful bunch.
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by ektbear: 5:34am On Apr 19, 2011
Why on earth are these jackasses asking for unity when on Saturday and Sunday it was insults?

Abeg, every man, carry his own load.

To your tents, o Israel.
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by ektbear: 5:35am On Apr 19, 2011
On that note, I'm out. Enjoy the rest of the thread.
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by MaziUche0(m): 5:35am On Apr 19, 2011
ekt_bear:

Why on earth are these jackasses asking for unity when on Saturday and Sunday it was insults?

Abeg, every man, carry his own load.

To your tents, o Israel.

Sorry but you are leading your own one man army.

You have no say in what the Yoruba would do and neither does Ileke-Idi who hasn't been home in a decade.

That is why I have to laugh.
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by Ystranger: 5:36am On Apr 19, 2011
MaziUche0:

Do you doubt it? We Igbos got the presidency through the back door. His grandfather came from my town!  cool

God bless the Ijaw and Igbo of Otueke!

What else is new?

Is GEJ's grandfather a p/e/d/o/p/h/i/l/e like your grand-father, and mentor, Ojukwu?
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by MaziUche0(m): 5:36am On Apr 19, 2011
Ileke-Idi what's stopping you from calling me? Tribalism?  grin
Re: How Do You Want Nigeria Sliced? by alex101(m): 5:39am On Apr 19, 2011
Ha! Ha! grin Trust the yorubas at your own peril shocked

The whole country has seen what it feels like to trust the yorubas smiley
Obj fooled the north by denying that there was ever zoning,,,,,infact he defined zoning as "if you are there, you are there" grin So in essence; GEJ is there because he is there cool

Ribadu has now witnessed the yoruba "about turn" trait. They set him up so high,,,,,made him feel like he was the best thing to ever happen to nigeria after amala,,,,,even gave him a broom grin and promised to sweep with him,,,,Alas, on the day of the election, they left him to his fate. Our friends of yoruba extraction refused to carry out their civic duties because a yoruba was not running for presidency (na today).

I will rather remain in the nigerian dungeon than trust or form a nation with the following group(s): yoribus, edo, itsekiri,  or middlebelters cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo: Exposed! Redeemed Pastor Adeboye In N20b Fraud! / Breaking News; How Buhari Was Disgraced In London(photos) / Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.