Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,680 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Arsenal Fc Wonder Boy Commits Future To Nigeria: - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Fc Wonder Boy Commits Future To Nigeria: (4594 Views)

Arsenal FC Ladies Unveils Oshoala (photos) / PHOTOS 6year Old Indian Wonder Boy Sets New World Skating Record. / Enyeama's Future To Be Decided By NFF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Fc Wonder Boy Commits Future To Nigeria: by henry101(m): 3:43am On Apr 19, 2011
Nigeria coach Samson Siasia has held a meeting with Arsenal youngster Chukwuemeka “Chuks” Aneke about a possible commitment of his future to Nigeria, where his parents hail from.
Aneke, who was born in England has played for the England U17 side. The striker is expected to break into the Arsenal first team soon, and he met Siasia alongside his parents and manager.

Reports in the Nigerian media claim that he has agreed to commit his future to the Super Eagles.

"I am very happy with this honour and invitation. Nigeria is a very big country with over a thousand players playing abroad. I am very happy for this recognition," Aneke was quoted by the Tribune.

Siasia also met with Jerry Nnamani of Crystal Palace, Anthony Okadigbo of Leyton Orient and Joshua Oduawo of Southern United during his trip to England to find new talents for his national team.

The coach has already received commitments from Newcastle’s Shola Ameobi and Wigan’s Victor Moses who was only barred because of a FIFA statute from featuring in March’s AFCON qualifier for the Super Eagles.
[img][/img]

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1656/nigeria/2011/04/18/2446939/samson-siasia-gets-arsenals-chuks-aneke-to-commit-to-nigeria

Re: Arsenal Fc Wonder Boy Commits Future To Nigeria: by DisGuy: 11:16am On Apr 19, 2011
bros sia1 you cant get a cut from this boys born outside o, better stick to nigerian raise players you can shout at and ask for percentage

why is sia so eager to get foreign players? i thought his reign will bring in more players from the local league, no?

Siasia also met with Jerry Nnamani of Crystal Palace, Anthony Okadigbo of Leyton Orient and Joshua Oduawo of Southern United during his trip to [b]England to find new talents for his national team.[/[/b]quote]
Re: Arsenal Fc Wonder Boy Commits Future To Nigeria: by enomakos(m): 4:33pm On Apr 19, 2011
@dis guy

give him chance dude
Re: Arsenal Fc Wonder Boy Commits Future To Nigeria: by dominique(f): 4:48pm On Apr 19, 2011
Dis Guy:

bros sia1 you cant get a cut from this boys born outside o, better stick to nigerian raise players you can shout at and ask for percentage

why is sia so eager to get foreign players? i thought his reign will bring in more players from the local league, no?

i thought so too undecided
Re: Arsenal Fc Wonder Boy Commits Future To Nigeria: by 12large1: 5:30pm On Apr 19, 2011
mehn this bobo is just too good technically to be born in england. i swear england can have moses,agbolahor,cc,onuoha,ameobi but as long as we have this one i'm good. although slow the guy has berghamp technique, his like a mixture of berghamp and fabregas into 1 if he can reach his potential i think he would be called up for the egypt game
Re: Arsenal Fc Wonder Boy Commits Future To Nigeria: by henry101(m): 5:11am On Apr 20, 2011
This guy, will be a great asset to Nigeria in the long run. Barcalona wanted him but he refused with arsene Wenger promising him a great career at arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fc Wonder Boy Commits Future To Nigeria: by 1025: 4:21pm On Apr 20, 2011
This guy, will be a great asset to Nigeria in the long run. Barcalona wanted him but he refused with arsene Wenger promising him a great career at arsenal.

@journalist,
is it possible barcelona did not promise the boy great career at their club. look at wenger and his promises. what can a stingy frenchman promise u outside poverty?
Re: Arsenal Fc Wonder Boy Commits Future To Nigeria: by henry101(m): 1:43am On Apr 21, 2011
1025:

@journalist,
is it possible barcelona did not promise the boy great career at their club. look at wenger and his promises. what can a stingy frenchman promise u outside poverty?

You need to read the profile of the player. He's so technically sound.
Re: Arsenal Fc Wonder Boy Commits Future To Nigeria: by 1025: 11:49am On Apr 21, 2011
You need to read the profile of the player. He's so technically sound.

@henry101,
as a nigerian super eagles fan, i am not against any player from any country or club but what i am against is the mentality of all the players. there is one thing that nigerian fans always want and it is called GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.
if this wonderkid has this goal and winning mentality, the fans will like him but if is coming with arsenal mentality of beautiful football without winning, i am afraid he will regret not playing for england instead of nigeria.
ask a yorubaman, how was the game and he will tell u, ARSENAL O PLAY GOOO BUT CHELSEA O WINI.
what we nigerians want is winning and not arsenal wonderkids that run round the field in the name of free flow football.

(1) (Reply)

Messi Arrested In London Today. Picture / Messi Award Vs Ronaldo Award (2009 - 2013) / NFF-Aiteo Nigerian Football Awards Holds Today At 7:30pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.