Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,793 members, 7,956,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:44 PM

Conceiving - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Conceiving (1427 Views)

Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? / Nigerian Women Have The Highest Chance Of Conceiving Twins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Conceiving by Leilah(f): 12:11am On Jul 10, 2007
Someone I know has been trying to conceive for quite some time now about a year thereabouts. This particular family have one child of six years already. Meanwhile her hubby calls her a fat cow that cannot have babies, the lady cries her eyes out at work and told her brother about it. Sorry I am interested to know how this is handled in Nigerian culture.
Re: Conceiving by Maneater1(f): 1:02pm On Jul 10, 2007
In nigerian culture he would never call her a fat cow.

His mother will just come, kick her out and get him a younger, prettier wife. grin
Re: Conceiving by kulaShaker(f): 2:29pm On Jul 10, 2007
Man-eater:

In nigerian culture he would never call her a fat cow.

says who? who are you to say what some men call their wives? some call them worse.

@topic
she needs to get out of that abusive marriage, cos that sure is mental abuse, what does the dumb man think? she makes babies by her self? what an ASS
Re: Conceiving by Leilah(f): 8:54pm On Jul 10, 2007
He really does call her a fat cow, takes her wages and abuses her. All she is worried about is that she has not conceived yet nothing else really seems to bother her. She also knows he cheats on her ass. is that really true that if the wife is fat he will look for a younger prettier lady?
Re: Conceiving by Leilah(f): 8:56pm On Jul 10, 2007
i really don't understand why she allows these things. She is not even fat she is about a size 14 and very very tall which obviously helps.
Re: Conceiving by kulaShaker(f): 8:59pm On Jul 10, 2007
Leilah
he is a first class ass
Re: Conceiving by Leilah(f): 9:09pm On Jul 10, 2007
Yeah I guess he is kula, imagine having to bite the towel in the toilet so he would not hear you cry! I just know she is going to get pregnant again and put on more weight imagine what he would say then!!
Re: Conceiving by Leilah(f): 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2007
@maneater is that true? would the mother do that? on a more serious note, does every naija lady expect and accept it that her husband may cheat on her? (if it were to happen say)
Re: Conceiving by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 10, 2007
leilah?

you again?

maybe you should just drop the naija and stop adding it okay

back to the topic

obviously the husband makes her feel worthless because she cant get pregnant early enough
she probably thinks if she does then he'll love her again
pregnancy isn't the issue
he just doesn't want her any more
and bring up a child in this home is not in that childs best interest.

Your friend needs to get out before he ruins her self esteem angry
Re: Conceiving by crazyp(f): 12:50pm On Jul 11, 2007
@ maneater,
"In nigerian culture he would never call her a fat cow.

His mother will just come, kick her out and get him a younger, prettier wife

grin grin grin grin
Re: Conceiving by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2007
maybe she needs to spend more time trying to shed weight than crying.
Re: Conceiving by kulaShaker(f): 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2007
unreal
Re: Conceiving by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2007
Maybe the man who is speaking is even twice of the wife!

If I were her, I'd get my ass out.

Does she have a source of income?
Re: Conceiving by laudate: 6:20pm On Jul 16, 2007
Leila,

In Nigeria the wife would either develop a thick skin to his insults, or turn round to show him pepper, if she is the feisty kind!  wink Another thing she could do, would be to report him to his family, so they can have a word with him (but this one could backfire, sha o!). The last alternative, would be for her to sign up with a gym and lose some weight, get some new clothes and brush up her looks, to the extent that even his friends would notice and start telling him, how lucky he is to have her!  grin

Sometimes, obesity or fat could hinder a woman's chances of conception, especially where it has an effect on hormonal balance. So she needs to get this checked.
Re: Conceiving by Leilah(f): 7:07pm On Jul 18, 2007
laudete, the thing is she is not fat. She is a size 14 but she is very tall so she doesn't look fat at all. Sure even if she was think in which she used to be like a size 8 he would be still cheatin on her. I'm not having anymore to do with it. i told her. If he calls you these names to your face well then what else is he capable of. She just goes on and accepts her abusive hubby, things will never change she is too sensitive.
Re: Conceiving by finemocha(f): 2:42am On Jul 21, 2007
can she leave ?
Re: Conceiving by Leilah(f): 7:15pm On Jul 31, 2007
finemocha she has a job of course she can leave but she wants to have another baby with this man so leave her to it. I no longer associate with her because she makes me too angry.

(1) (Reply)

How Did You Meet Your Spouse? What Attracted You To Him/her? / Is Child Obesity Child Abuse? / Tell Me What Married People Know, That We Single Dont. I Have Answers!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.