Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,357 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League (54522 Views)

Chinonso Eche: Meet 11-Year-Old Footballer Who Has A Guinness World Record / Chinonso Eche: Meet 11-Year-Old Nigerian Wonderkid (Photos) / Manchester City Already Playing Like Barcelona – Guardiola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by iamimohtal(m): 1:58pm On Apr 09, 2021
Matheusmartin:

For everyone one footballer here that made it big with football, there are at least, 20 others that couldn't....

Our parent did what they thought was best for us.

Way more than 20

1 Like

Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by 4tomandchi: 1:59pm On Apr 09, 2021
angry

1 Like

Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Aarenasbaba(m): 2:01pm On Apr 09, 2021
There is this joy in his face that shows he loves what he was doing
Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by ikorodureporta: 2:01pm On Apr 09, 2021
African youngsters wey village people dey like.... Like femi opabunmi..d guy just disappear
Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Stevyne: 2:03pm On Apr 09, 2021
Matheusmartin:

For everyone one footballer here that made it big with football, there are at least, 20 others that couldn't....

Our parent did what they thought was best for us.
See as I DEH look u DEH laugh
Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 09, 2021
Flames000:

Bros leave all this English wey you dey speak.

God wey pick the boy call go soon flash you.

It Can NEVER be too EARLY, but it can ALWAYS be too LATE

Don't worry...

You will never understand what I am getting at.

Not in a million years.

1 Like

Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Machinegun91(m): 2:05pm On Apr 09, 2021
Upcoming jihadists from the other side of jihadists terrorism
Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by GeneralPula: 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2021
mansakhalifa:
This is not right...

Trust me. He should be withdrawn from the first team Asap.

He is far too young for this sort of exposure and it will definitely prove costly to his career in the long run.

The might want to consider moving him to their youth team- preferably U15/16- until he turns 16. Give him another 4 years at least.

Letting such a kid play with grown men is grossly irresponsible. He still has a whole lot of development to do.

There’s something called star..

That it has never happened before doesn’t mean it can’t or won’t happen..

The young star will grow
Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 09, 2021
Drabeey:

Why are you thinking that way

Boy is just 11...

A lot of things go into developing a footballer. He hasn't seen half of it. He might be talented and all of that but trust me, he is not ready at this age to play at the very top of the game.

Raw talent and skills aren't just enough. A whole lot of things go into creating a well-rounded player and by throwing him into the fray with the big boys week in week out, the club is denying him of that much-needed development and that will definitely be inimical to his growth.

Best thing is to give him a pre-contract and let him grow gradually. When he is at least 16, then you start easing him into the big league.

Now, the problem is, does his club have the facilities and structure to groom him?

This is from a man who has experienced first-hand what it means to be rushed through things. It sort of scarred me for life and I am just getting myself back together. It's energy-sapping for real.

1 Like

Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 09, 2021
GeneralPula:

There’s something called star..

That it has never happened before doesn’t mean it can’t or won’t happen..

The young star will grow

He is not the first. Neither will he be the last.

He is a talent- a budding star. But he is not yet a star.

The training that his club is starving him of is what will eventually make him a full-blown star.

If they want him to go beyond the shores of Liberia and West Africa then they must do the needful by getting him back into the production belt.

1 Like

Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Funkeshuga(m): 2:19pm On Apr 09, 2021
I just watched his stunt on YouTube, the boy is a Don on pitch

he play like already KING
Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Emeka71(m): 2:19pm On Apr 09, 2021
More grease to your elbow.
Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Flames000(m): 2:23pm On Apr 09, 2021
mansakhalifa:

Don't worry...

You will never understand what I am getting at.

Not in a million years.

Thats right, I don't understand negativity...
May not be the best of actions. But there's no manual to life... the rules your are spitting out was laid out by a man like you.
Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Cityfirstborn(m): 2:23pm On Apr 09, 2021
Africans can over do things sometimes..there is a reason we have age grade football for all round development..There are brilliant talents in chelsea, manu, city, barca etc youth team, but they cant be thrown straight to the first team, the need to be properly developed and mentally ready..Football is a process..11 year old in the first team, what are they thinking...Just one rough tackle and push can end his career

2 Likes

Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Duplexxx: 2:25pm On Apr 09, 2021
Pele de union

Great talent keep it
Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Notime54: 2:25pm On Apr 09, 2021
see below

Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 09, 2021
Flames000:

Thats right, I don't understand negativity...
May not be the best of actions. But there's no manual to life... the rules your are spitting out was laid out by a man like you.

This has nothing to do with rules.

That lad should be allowed to grow gradually. I don't think you know what it means to be thrust into the limelight when you are young and inexperienced.

Fame is a beast. They should just protect him.
Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by vanvino(m): 2:28pm On Apr 09, 2021
Flames000:

Must every stupid decision be God picking call? You may have the talent but may not be mentaly ready to witstand certain level of exposure, how about racism, public demand, praise and scrutiny not to mention social media abuse and all that follows, like a tree with no root to the soil one storm of life and he's on the foor, then you see us looking for the next one.. Kakuta of Chelsea come into mind. The same mouth that sing Hosana Hosana will be singing crucify him. GOD pick Nigerians call for independent, how is it working out us?
Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Lazesk(m): 2:32pm On Apr 09, 2021
Are you having a hard time choosing a light that fits your style and complete your interior decor??

At Ace, we offer a wide range of lighting fixtures, chandeliers and electrical accessories that complement and bring out the beauty of your home/offices.

Our products are made from the best quality materials and crafted with utmost care.

Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Bullman(m): 2:33pm On Apr 09, 2021
ogbiwa:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/boy-footballer-eric-marshall-liberia-23877999

My mother flogged my football skills out of my body
But now that my neigbour, her friends son is playing for fc Zurich and earning cool cash, shes here yarnin me that no matter d beating she gave me i shouldn't have quit sneakin out for training undecided the woman almost killed me with excessive ass whoopin cry kiss
Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Omoslim26: 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2021
Drabeey:

Why are you thinking that way

Baba on a serious note, wat dat boy needs right now is grooming,more training and a good mental advocate. Fame not properly tamed can be very poisonous.

They should let that boy just keep developing without being too rushy and pushy on him.

I see raw talent but talent they say is never enough ���

1 Like

Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Godbless3(m): 3:11pm On Apr 09, 2021
mansakhalifa:
This is not right...

He is far too young for this sort of exposure and it will definitely prove costly to his career in the long run.

The might want to consider moving him to their youth team- preferably U15/16- until he turns 16. Give him another 4 years at least.

Letting such a kid play with grown men is grossly irresponsible. He still has a whole lot of development to do.

For those quoting me: I posted this out of genuine concern. I have been rushed through phases of my life simply because I showed glimpses of promise in certain endeavours and it ended badly for me. Wish I could tell my story here.

If anybody quote you badly, then he knows nothing about football and what pressure can do to a kid even a pro.
Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Calitoscassius(m): 3:15pm On Apr 09, 2021
mansakhalifa:
This is not right...

For those quoting me: I posted this out of genuine concern. I have been rushed through phases of my life simply because I showed glimpses of promise in certain endeavours and it ended badly for me. Wish I could tell my story here.
You are totally correct, anyone who doesn't agree with this your true opinion is an ignorant morron!
Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Ghostrye: 3:16pm On Apr 09, 2021
Flames000:

Relax man, that kid is too young to be playing beside grown ass men. There are age divisions for a reason
Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Calitoscassius(m): 3:17pm On Apr 09, 2021
Bullman:

My mother flogged my football skills out of my body
But now that my neigbour, her friends son is playing for fc Zurich and earning cool cash, shes here yarnin me that no matter d beating she gave me i shouldn't have quit sneakin out for training undecided the woman almost killed me with excessive ass whoopin cry kiss
You cannot blame your mother, she was acting in care and concern for your welfare she thought. Anyway, i am sure she is not stopping you now
Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Calitoscassius(m): 3:20pm On Apr 09, 2021
Ghostrye:

Relax man, that kid is too young to be playing beside grown ass men. There are age divisions for a reason
Don't mind the ignorant goons, even this their God they keep calling and atributting every success will still agree that the boy is too young at 11, it is not fair on the boy, it is not fair on the grown ass men who has to play with him.
Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Calitoscassius(m): 3:24pm On Apr 09, 2021
Flames000:

If anything happens to the boy now while playing with grown ass men, goons like you would still querry why he was featured with grown men, the boy is 11 for bloody sake!

It is not fair on the boy and it is not fair on the grown men who have to play with him. Africans with irresponsible mentality, Even this God you mentioned would not allow the boy to play with grown men.
Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Calitoscassius(m): 3:26pm On Apr 09, 2021
Child abuse of a minor and child labour. Africans poverty affecting their sense of reasonings.

It is not fair on the boy and it is not fair on the grown men who have to play with him.

This is gross negligence on the part of his parents or families.
Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by DrDax: 3:35pm On Apr 09, 2021
mansakhalifa:
This is not right...

It is a marketing gamble.

The end justifies the means.

Don't over-analyse.
Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Benjaminjoel65(m): 3:36pm On Apr 09, 2021
I sense AWARENESS
Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by Bullman(m): 3:42pm On Apr 09, 2021
Calitoscassius:
You cannot blame your mother, she was acting in care and concern for your welfare she thought. Anyway, i am sure she is not stopping you now

Bro I am way too old now to slim fit my age to play football.
Re: Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League by omojesu202(m): 3:51pm On Apr 09, 2021
mansakhalifa:
This is not right...

find time and tell us your story.
you never can tell who it will help.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell / Enyimba Players Mercilessly Beaten By Plateau United Fans (Photos) / Manchester United Player Salaries 2017-18 (highest Wage Bill In Premier League)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.