Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies (17044 Views)

Ruling On Trading In Currencies / Ruling On A Woman Putting Her Picture On Social Media / Islamic Ruling On Blowing Oneself Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by dimugonabo: 10:52am On Apr 09, 2021
posty56:
which kan barbaric reasoning be this sef, come to telegram see how Muslim a trading crypto currency without giving a f**k , men you are an extremist if don't know.

You dey blame them?

Bloody hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by sanyaolurilwan(m): 10:53am On Apr 09, 2021
Aameen my brother

Holajaid:
In a case whereby one take old naira note to the bank to change it to mint naira note, the bank usually charge for that.

Some beggars exchange lower naira note for higher ones and they add their changes .
With what I read above, it shows this transactions are not permissible in Islam except there are no additional charges.

May Allah forgive our sins and make us inhabitant of His paradise.
Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by TruthHurts1(m): 11:08am On Apr 09, 2021
Dem even get ruling on how to wipe n-yash after sh***t grin

Matheusmartin:
Islam do not belong in this dispensation..

3 Likes

Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by Adek65: 11:09am On Apr 09, 2021
But some people say crypto trading is haram @op
Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by Pelaiye2703(m): 11:10am On Apr 09, 2021
Kingofdiamond:
some people are really ignorant about it. Join my crypto whatsapp group
Good morning, kindly add me to your cryptocurrency WhatsApp group. 08024092208. Thanks
Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by Kingofdiamond: 11:14am On Apr 09, 2021
77up:
Assalamualaikum waramotulahi wabarakatuh.

My question: What's the ruling on buying or dealing in crypto currency?
Halal
Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by Kingofdiamond: 11:16am On Apr 09, 2021
Adek65:
But some people say crypto trading is haram @op
Not true. It's halal according to the Muslim consensus
Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by Flolovtri(f): 11:51am On Apr 09, 2021
Carchoice:
Allah knows what cryptocurrency is?

Wonders!!!

How can you criticize what you don't know,isn't that ignorance?

For everything in islam, there's a ruling

Indirectly or directly

Tell me what becomes of a nation without rules

May Allah increase all of us in wisdom (Amin)

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by Matheusmartin: 11:56am On Apr 09, 2021
TruthHurts1:

Na yeye religion..
Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 09, 2021
Flolovtri:

How can you criticize what you don't know,isn't that ignorance?

For everything in islam, there's a ruling

Indirectly or directly

Tell me what becomes of a nation without rules

May Allah increase all of us in wisdom (Amin)
madam, I did not criticize it o. You are the ignorant one here for criticizing me.
Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by Flolovtri(f): 12:13pm On Apr 09, 2021
Carchoice:
madam, I did not criticize it o. You are the ignorant one here for criticizing me.

Educate yourself before talking on an issue you know nothing about

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by abdsamad(m): 12:19pm On Apr 09, 2021
Tunar18:

The title of the post is misleading. There is no part that explicitly give fatwa on Cryptocurrency. I've read this on Islamqa before; it was an answer to a question asked on forex trading, not Cryptocurrency.

Do you now know the part that got him confused tbh lol

Okay, I get it. I think I was responding based on what I already knew before this. The reasoning given here applies to cryptos in many ways though crypto is a lil more complicated.
I've always considered fatwas as high level opinions which are meant to be used to help one understand the topic better rather than a literary rule so I just took what the info and added it to mine.
Anyway, you're correct, it doesn't address cryptos directly

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by abdsamad(m): 12:21pm On Apr 09, 2021
posty56:
which kan barbaric reasoning be this sef, come to telegram see how Muslim a trading crypto currency without giving a f**k , men you are an extremist if don't know.
The post didn't deligitimize cryptos yet here you are implying that it did. All it said was that there's a good way and a bad way to go about transactions

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by Sawzer(m): 12:24pm On Apr 09, 2021
What I just want to say is that whoever post things like this should post in a clear, straightforward and in layman sentences. Not everyone likes to read long sentences to comprehension.
If you truly want people to learn something, be less ambiguous.
Now, is it Haram to trade Crypto currency or not, what are the rulings?
Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 09, 2021
Flolovtri:

Educate yourself before talking on an issue you know nothing about
madam get lost. Read my post again. It was a question. Not a criticism.
Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 09, 2021
What the Bleep, Seun, remove this I am a Muslim from from my profile. I just clicked on that thread and this nonsense muslim appeared on my profile. I didn't comment on that thread
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Do not violate my privacy remove this, I am a Muslim from my profile as I am not and will never be a Muslim. Besides I didn't post on any Muslim thread. Thank you
Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by abdsamad(m): 2:58pm On Apr 09, 2021
Carchoice:
madam get lost. Read my post again. It was a question. Not a criticism.

Oya, don't fight again. Sorry
Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by AbuAeesha: 3:56pm On Apr 09, 2021
Kingofdiamond:
Praise be to Allah.

Dealing in currencies is permissible so long as the exchange takes place in the same sitting as the contract is made. It is permissible to sell euros for dollars so long as the exchange takes place in the same sitting as the contract is made. But when the deal is concerning the same type of currency, such as selling one dollar for two dollars, that is not permissible because it is a type of riba. In that case they should be of equal amounts and the exchange must take place in the same sitting as the contract if the exchange is concerning one type of currency. The evidence for that is the report narrated by ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Gold for gold, silver for silver, wheat for wheat, barley for barley, dates for dates, salt for salt, like for like, same for same, hand to hand. If the types are different then sell however you like, so long as it is hand to hand.”

It says in Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn Baaz (19/171-174):

Dealing in currency, buying and selling, is permissible, but that is subject to the condition that the exchange be hand-to-hand if the currencies are different. If a person sells Libyan currency for American or Egyptian or whatever currency hand to hand, there is nothing wrong with that, such as if he buys dollars for Libyan currency hand to hand, exchanging it in one sitting, or he buys Egyptian or English currency etc for the Libyan or whatever currency hand to hand, there is nothing wrong with that. But if there is a delay, then it is not permissible, and if the exchange is not done in the same sitting, it is not permissible, because in that case it is regarded as a kind of riba-based transaction. So the exchange must take place in the same sitting, hand to hand, if the currencies are different. But if they are of the same kind, two conditions must be met: they should be of equal amounts and the exchange should take place in the same sitting, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Gold for gold, silver for silver…”

The ruling on currency is as mentioned above; if they are different then it is permissible for the amounts exchanged to be different, so long as the exchange takes place in the same sitting. If they are of the same kind, such as dollars for dollars, or dinars for dinars, then the exchange must take place in the same sitting and they should be of the same amount. And Allaah is the source of strength. End quote.

https://islamqa.info/amp/en/answers/72210
What abt the ruling on staking in cryptocurrency?
Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by Adexvivacity(m): 4:24pm On Apr 09, 2021
Allah blessings to all the muslims that read those negative comments and still ignore.

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by ThatFairGuy1: 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2021
bcomputer101:
You also get rolling on cpytocurrency?

Una sure say you no get ruling on how to breathe?
Unserious people
How to breathe? Yes we do.

You don't breathe into your cup of water while taking water. This is harmful and it's proven by scientist as well.

Hence you take gulp by gulp so that you don't breathe into the utensils used for drinking. Likewise food.

Islam talk about everything, it's the Total way of life. We're so blessed to be Muslim

Hamdanlillahi ala neematil Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by ThatFairGuy1: 6:12pm On Apr 09, 2021
TruthHurts1:

Yes we do. You must not use your right hand and you have to wash ur hands afterward with either rubbing against sand or you use soap.

Islam is so beautiful that it talk about everything.

I'm very sure you have no ethics about copulating with your spouse, what to do before and after. You just do it like Animal and rest.

Such a great honour being a Muslim. We're the best of all followers

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by 77up(m): 9:37pm On Apr 09, 2021
Tunar18:

The title of the post is misleading. There is no part that explicitly give fatwa on Cryptocurrency. I've read this on Islamqa before; it was an answer to a question asked on forex trading, not Cryptocurrency.

Do you now know the part that got him confused tbh lol
Thank you very much.

You know some of these people on nairaland only know how to type without understanding what they were typing.
Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by Muslimsworldng: 11:41pm On Apr 09, 2021
Kingofdiamond:
Praise be to Allah.

Dealing in currencies is permissible so long as the exchange takes place in the same sitting as the contract is made. It is permissible to sell euros for dollars so long as the exchange takes place in the same sitting as the contract is made. But when the deal is concerning the same type of currency, such as selling one dollar for two dollars, that is not permissible because it is a type of riba. In that case they should be of equal amounts and the exchange must take place in the same sitting as the contract if the exchange is concerning one type of currency. The evidence for that is the report narrated by ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Gold for gold, silver for silver, wheat for wheat, barley for barley, dates for dates, salt for salt, like for like, same for same, hand to hand. If the types are different then sell however you like, so long as it is hand to hand.”

It says in Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn Baaz (19/171-174):

Dealing in currency, buying and selling, is permissible, but that is subject to the condition that the exchange be hand-to-hand if the currencies are different. If a person sells Libyan currency for American or Egyptian or whatever currency hand to hand, there is nothing wrong with that, such as if he buys dollars for Libyan currency hand to hand, exchanging it in one sitting, or he buys Egyptian or English currency etc for the Libyan or whatever currency hand to hand, there is nothing wrong with that. But if there is a delay, then it is not permissible, and if the exchange is not done in the same sitting, it is not permissible, because in that case it is regarded as a kind of riba-based transaction. So the exchange must take place in the same sitting, hand to hand, if the currencies are different. But if they are of the same kind, two conditions must be met: they should be of equal amounts and the exchange should take place in the same sitting, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Gold for gold, silver for silver…”

The ruling on currency is as mentioned above; if they are different then it is permissible for the amounts exchanged to be different, so long as the exchange takes place in the same sitting. If they are of the same kind, such as dollars for dollars, or dinars for dinars, then the exchange must take place in the same sitting and they should be of the same amount. And Allaah is the source of strength. End quote.

https://islamqa.info/amp/en/answers/72210
MAY ALLAH MAKE OUR AFFAIR EASIER.
Re: Ruling On Trading Cryptocurrencies by TruthHurts1(m): 11:43pm On Apr 09, 2021
Best of mankind who worships a child Rapist

ThatFairGuy1:

Yes we do. You must not use your right hand and you have to wash ur hands afterward with either rubbing against sand or you use soap.

Islam is so beautiful that it talk about everything.

I'm very sure you have no ethics about copulating with your spouse, what to do before and after. You just do it like Animal and rest.

Such a great honour being a Muslim. We're the best of all mankind.

(1) (2) (Reply)

So That It Doesn’t Get To Divorce: 10 Pieces Of Golden Advice. / Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) / What To Do If You Eat In Any Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.