Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,416 members, 7,846,752 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Secession Agitators Plotting Violence In South West – YAF - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Secession Agitators Plotting Violence In South West – YAF (14264 Views)

YAF: Yoruba Group Rejects Yoruba Nation, Petitions United Nations / YAF: Yoruba Group Rejects Calls For Nigeria’s Disintegration (Pictures) / Akwa Ibom PDP Accuse Police AIG Musa Kimo Of Plotting Violence To Sabotage Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secession Agitators Plotting Violence In South West – YAF by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 10, 2021
sangresan:

I thought you were boasting about Biafran soldiers before...For your info, Banjo also led the force that invaded the Mid-West. For your info, it was Ojukwu who betrayed Banjo, and not the other way round. Ojukwu also betrayed many others. He betrayed Hilary Njoku and Alexander Madiebo.

Read Njoku's "Tragedy Without Heroes." You'll understand better.

Ojukwu never listened to good advice...

Brother, because it is impossible to heal the wounds of war and because of the enterprising spirit of the IBOS and the need to move ahead, that is why we are supporting the freedom of the South from Nigeria and to let everybody goes on its own.

That guy (deepfeel) just like any IBO man can never reason objectively on the issue of Biafra. 90% of what they are saying is falsehood and propaganda. I had respect for Prof Chinua Achebe until I read there was a country , his last book which he released when he was about to die. I spent time to challenge and tackle Prof ABC Nwosu who was the person defending Prof Chinua Achebe on the crisis created by that book. Prof Wole Soyinka said Prof Achebe should not have released that book.

They are pained. They have suffered emotional and psychological effects of losing war. They felt they are not liked by the Nigeria system. They are highly resourceful, enterprising and hardworking. They believed the system is caging them and limiting their enterprising spirit and potentials. I think rather than wasting time on analysis of Biafra war, the South should come together as an entity to chart our way out of Nigeria. No IBO will ever agree with you on what happened during Biafra. To the Hausas, all those Yorubas that fought for them to sit on top of Nigeria just wasted their time.
Re: Secession Agitators Plotting Violence In South West – YAF by Deepfeel(m): 11:55am On Apr 10, 2021
babaolofin:

Brother, because it is impossible to heal the wounds of war and because of the enterprising spirit of the IBOS and the need to move ahead, that is why we are supporting the freedom of the South from Nigeria and to let everybody goes on its own.

That guy (deepfeel) just like any IBO man can never reason objectively on the issue of Biafra. 90% of what they are saying is falsehood and propaganda. I had respect for Prof Chinua Achebe until I read there was a country , his last book which he released when he was about to die. I spent time to challenge and tackle Prof ABC Nwosu who was the person defending Prof Chinua Achebe on the crisis created by that book. Prof Wole Soyinka said Prof Achebe should not have released that book.

They are pained. They have suffered emotional and psychological effects of losing war. They felt they are not liked by the Nigeria system. They are highly resourceful, enterprising and hardworking. They believed the system is caging them and limiting their enterprising spirit and potentials. I think rather than wasting time on analysis of Biafra war, the South should come together as an entity to chart our way out of Nigeria. No IBO will ever agree with you on what happened during Biafra. To the Hausas, all those Yorubas that fought for them to sit on top of Nigeria just wasted their time.

whatever Achebe wrote in there was a country and the trouble with Nigeria is nothing but the truth
Re: Secession Agitators Plotting Violence In South West – YAF by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 10, 2021
Deepfeel:

whatever Achebe wrote in there was a country and the trouble with Nigeria is nothing but the truth

There was bitterness and hatred. It created a lot of crisis. There was a lot of criticism. It heated up the politics. It was Prof ABC Nwosu that was defending the book. Different people commented on that book. Prof Achebe Achebe said he wrote the book several decades ago but kept it as an unpublished work. At the heat of the crisis, Prof Wole Soyinka said he should not have released that book. I saw many things in that book that I know is based on bitterness against Awolowo and manipulated of history .
Re: Secession Agitators Plotting Violence In South West – YAF by Deepfeel(m): 12:26pm On Apr 10, 2021
babaolofin:

There was bitterness and hatred. It created a lot of crisis. There was a lot of criticism. It heated up the politics. It was Prof ABC Nwosu that was defending the book. Different people commented on that book. Prof Achebe Achebe said he wrote the book several decades ago but kept it as an unpublished work. At the heat of the crisis, Prof Wole Soyinka said he should not have released that book. I saw many things in that book that I know is based on bitterness against Awolowo and manipulated of history .

just because it created a lot of crisis doesn't mean what he wrote was a lie, everything he wrote was the truth, he criticized awowolwo for stealing the election zik won it South West yes awowolwo did that, he criticized both awo and zik
Re: Secession Agitators Plotting Violence In South West – YAF by Deepfeel(m): 12:47pm On Apr 10, 2021
babaolofin:

Achebe criticized the political ideologies of both zik and awo

zik made this pledge in 1937

"that henceforth i shall utilize my earned income to secure my enjoyment of high standard of living and also give a help to the needy "

awowolwos Statment

" I was going to make myself formidable , intellectual and morally invulnerable , to make all the money that is possible for a man with my brains and brawns to make in Nigeria "

Chinua Achebe criticized these two men for those Statment, stating that

thoughts such as these are more likely to produce aggressive greedy millionaires instead of selfless leaders in Nigeria
Re: Secession Agitators Plotting Violence In South West – YAF by Christistruth00: 2:03pm On Apr 10, 2021
Deepfeel:

grin

Re: Secession Agitators Plotting Violence In South West – YAF by Smooyis(m): 2:11pm On Apr 10, 2021
Deepfeel:

he is wise to know this particular truth about yorubas
But he's not wise to know that another vociferous and loquacious tribe goes into war without adequate preparation only to get subdued and later cry victimisation shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Secession Agitators Plotting Violence In South West – YAF by Deepfeel(m): 2:20pm On Apr 10, 2021
Smooyis:

But he's not wise to know that another vociferous and loquacious tribe goes into war without adequate preparation only to get subdued and later cry victimisation shocked shocked shocked

we didn't go into war, war was declared on us and we bravely defended ourselves for 3 yrs , yes we were victims of tribal hate, the 80' 000 igbos that were killed all over Nigeria from North, middle belt, and South West in 1966 were victims of ethnic profiling
Re: Secession Agitators Plotting Violence In South West – YAF by Deepfeel(m): 2:23pm On Apr 10, 2021
Christistruth00:

http:///TY2HzO

everything Achebe wrote in there was a country and the trouble with Nigeria is nothing but the truth, only he who wear the shoes knows where it pinches.
Re: Secession Agitators Plotting Violence In South West – YAF by Christistruth00: 2:45pm On Apr 10, 2021
Re: Secession Agitators Plotting Violence In South West – YAF by elijahkayode(m): 5:34pm On Apr 10, 2021
AtikuNetwork:
@babaolofin: Based on your response, I am convinced that you are either a bastard or have no single yoruba blood flowing in your veins going by this stupid excuse of a rebuttal you just gave. You obviously have that cowardly Afonja gene in you hence your reasoning. I can see that you casually/deliberately failed to address my Afonja reference because you must be a bastard. Instead you are talking about igbo investments in Lagos. Dangote alone has more investments in Lagos than all igbos combined so what's the big deal in that? Should that be enough reason to even contemplate inviting non-Yorubas to do your dirty job of killing your erring leaders for you? What manner of inexcusable reasoning is this? No reasonable igbo would even take you seriously, going by the aftermath and consequences of Nzeogwu's misadventure.

If Awolowo had reasoned the way you are, he and other yoruba leaders of that era, including Victor Banjo, would have supported the easy passage of Biafra troops in Ore as a prelude to conquering the entire Western region during the early days of the civil war. Unfortunately, with reasoning like yours, especially if more yoruba people reason like you, I am willing to bet that yorubaland will eventually become a conquered territory by foreigners in their midst, within the next few decades.

In case you read a different history, I will give you the real version of how Ilorin became the only caliphate on Yoruba soil (a situation that remains a source of shame to many Yoruba people today and that won't be reversed anytime soon), and why yoruba people will equally lose the crown jewel real estate of their region, Lagos, should they subscribe to your abominable reasoning pattern. In a nutshell, Afonja, a garrison commander cum generalissimo in the border yoruba territory of Ilorin, used Hausa-Fulani mercenaries (who were also residents of Ilorin at that time) to prosecute his civil war campaign of independence of that territory from the Alaafin's sphere of influence. He succeeded with the help of the mercenaries. Shortly afterwards, the mercenaries became uncontrollable in the territory because they knew their central role in Afonja's ascendancy, and felt they could get away with anything. Afonja's later attempt to bring them under control was what led to his assassination. That's the real story.

Hausa-Fulani and Igbos are not the problem of yoruba people. Yorubas are the problem of Yorubas because they are intrinsically betrayers. That is why they are destined to become a conquered people.

If you think we Northerners would sit back and watch yorubas and their Igbo mercenaries run us out of Lagos without a fight, after all our investments there, then you have another thing coming. Kai wawa ne. We will all share your conquered territory equally, since you people refuse to have sense.

If Nigeria must split, no wahala. But you see that Lagos, walahi all of us will take our share. I swear it. Either that or we burn it to ashes. cool

lol funny You
Lagos State military is morr capable and advance than Nigeria (Lagos is awake try rubbish and see wonders)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Grants Andrew Yakubu Bail Of N300 Million / INEC Lied About Weather - Hadi Sirika, Minister Of State For Aviation / Plot To Oust Odigie-oyegun Thickens As ‘forces’ Want Him Named Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.