Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

52 Transition Words And Phrases To Keep Your Writing Whole And Well Knit. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 52 Transition Words And Phrases To Keep Your Writing Whole And Well Knit. (515 Views)

Earn Extra With Your Writing Skills On Social Media. / Little Words And Happiness / 10 Embarrassingly Non-existing Phrases That Are Hurting Your Writing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

52 Transition Words And Phrases To Keep Your Writing Whole And Well Knit. by umoh461(m): 4:43pm On Apr 09, 2021
Transitions can also be tricky. Sometimes you need to use words other than “but,” “however,” and “in addition.” That’s why my list of transitional words was so useful. It helped jog my brain so I could find the perfect connecting word.

Consider the following words when you need some new transition ideas:

• accordingly
• admittedly
• afterwards
• alternatively
• altogether
• as a result
• at the same time
• at this point
• balanced against
• by comparison
• certainly
• clearly
• concurrently
• consequently
• considering this
• conversely
• evidently
• for the same reason
• further
• furthermore
• given these points
• in any case
• incidentally
• indeed
• in short
• in this situation
• meanwhile
• moreover
• nevertheless
• notably
• on the whole
• on this occasion
• obviously
• on the contrary
• otherwise
• overall
• perennially
• previously
• surprisingly
• therefore
• to conclude
• to demonstrate
• to illustrate
• to resume
• to return to the subject
• to summarize
• undeniably
• unquestionably
• whereas
• without exception
• without reservation
• yet

Do you have any other transitional words or phrases you’d like to share?

Source; http://www.jabborro.com/2021/03/52-transitional-words-and-phrases-that.html

1 Like

Re: 52 Transition Words And Phrases To Keep Your Writing Whole And Well Knit. by SaAyomikun(m): 3:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

My 11 Year Old Daughter Fiction Story. Please, Support Her By Sharing Her Story / Get Any Literature Novel Now!!! / AN UNEXPECTED TURN BY JESSICA DURU ✔️

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.