Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,575 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

I Really Need A Mentor - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Really Need A Mentor (784 Views)

Please I Need A Mentor / I Need A Mentor But I Will Not Pay You O. I Never Get Money / Learn Programming Faster With A Mentor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Really Need A Mentor by Bestchisom(m): 7:39am On Apr 10, 2021
Good day programmers

I just picked up the interesting of going it programming last year. I have tried learning solo and it is definitely not working out well for me. The procrastination and the lack of input is worrisome. The things I studied, sometimes I feel like it's not in me anymore. I don't know if it's normal.

Right now, I'll be very grateful if I can get someone to mentor me. I realized I learn better if there is someone in the setting to guide me through.

By the way, I've been trying to make myself acquainted with python programming basics. As I said, it have been one hell of a ride

Somebody please help...
Re: I Really Need A Mentor by Maj196(m): 9:18am On Apr 10, 2021
I feel your pain bro, I started solo at a time but found out I was getting nowhere, so luckily I got an internship and that helped a lot. I will suggest you try out for internships. Most people won't mentor you for free but for a pay atleast

1 Like

Re: I Really Need A Mentor by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:27am On Apr 10, 2021
You don't need mentorship. You need discipline. If you are feeling unmotivated to learn to code then a mentor won't really help you out much plus most senior develooers who you would be looking out for mentorship are very busy with work.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Really Need A Mentor by Lordsagna: 11:09am On Apr 10, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
You don't need mentorship. You need discipline. If you are feeling unmotivated to learn to code then a mentor won't really help you out much plus most senior develooers who you would be looking out for mentorship are very busy with work.
Sir, I'm having issue installing MySQL.. can you be of help to me?
Re: I Really Need A Mentor by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:10am On Apr 10, 2021
Lordsagna:

At all men. I have never used it plainly. Just visualizers like PHPMyAdmin to see it.
Re: I Really Need A Mentor by Lordsagna: 11:17am On Apr 10, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

At all men. I have never used it plainly. Just visualizers like PHPMyAdmin to see it.
Thanks for your reply sir,
I'm starting out software development what are the things I need to learn and the language... Google isn't giving me direct answer.
Re: I Really Need A Mentor by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:19am On Apr 10, 2021
Lordsagna:

Thanks for your reply sir,
I'm starting out software development what are the things I need to learn and the language... Google isn't giving me direct answer.
Check my topics. I have a guide for newbies but that's strictly based on my experience and perspective. Make your own research and come up with your path.
Re: I Really Need A Mentor by Felixitie(m): 5:08pm On Apr 10, 2021
Lordsagna:

What type of obstacles are you facing? Explain and you could get a solution from people or myself. I am on the journey to become a data scientist...
Re: I Really Need A Mentor by Lordsagna: 5:29pm On Apr 10, 2021
Felixitie:

What type of obstacles are you facing? Explain and you could get a solution from people or myself. I am on the journey to become a data scientist...
Thanks bro, I downloaded MySQL on their community but whenever I want to install MySQL server and shell from the package the thing will just hang at a certain number.... I've tried it many times still getting same result ...I don't know what to do...
Re: I Really Need A Mentor by Felixitie(m): 5:57pm On Apr 10, 2021
Lordsagna:

Thanks bro, I downloaded MySQL on their community but whenever I want to install MySQL server and shell from the package the thing will just hang at a certain number.... I've tried it many times still getting same result ...I don't know what to do...

What type of error is it showing? You can try screenshot and post it here.
Re: I Really Need A Mentor by devvy: 3:15pm On Apr 19, 2021
Install a local server by all means. You don't need installing MySQL or Apache differently and then configuring them to work together. Not anymore!

Get wampserver from the official website and make sure to download and run the version for your Windows OS - bit 64 or bit 32.

If you're a non Windows OS user, try installing XAMPP. -- The X in XAMPP means it can run on any operating system.

There's of course LAMP for Linux OS users and MAMP for Mac users as other routes to getting your local server up.

Check out Laragon as well.

Happy Coding.
Re: I Really Need A Mentor by qtguru(m): 3:31pm On Apr 19, 2021
This is my advice, someone should create Slack and you guys become a community , and be sharing with each others, you will be more gingered to engage in development that alone. Because what you are facing someone else is, that is my honest advice, I am notorious for abandoning such if not I will have done it. You guys can set a group leader too.

Honest Advice.

2 Likes

Re: I Really Need A Mentor by Temmytea70(m): 7:32pm On Apr 25, 2022
Hello bro, did you get a mentor as i am in your shoes right now. I don't mind you be my mentor ���
Re: I Really Need A Mentor by Solanaa: 6:56pm On Apr 26, 2022
I just need someone to sponsor me with a PC, Omo the motivation is in me abeg
Re: I Really Need A Mentor by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 26, 2022
Bestchisom:
Good day programmers

I just picked up the interesting of going it programming last year. I have tried learning solo and it is definitely not working out well for me. The procrastination and the lack of input is worrisome. The things I studied, sometimes I feel like it's not in me anymore. I don't know if it's normal.

Right now, I'll be very grateful if I can get someone to mentor me. I realized I learn better if there is someone in the setting to guide me through.

By the way, I've been trying to make myself acquainted with python programming basics. As I said, it have been one hell of a ride

Somebody please help...

Comrade I feel your pain, pm me I might not be mentor material but I can definitely help you out on a few things

(1) (Reply)

Free Browsing Cheat For Airtel / R Programming And Statistical Analyses Made Easy In Yoruba / Please I Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.