Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Celebrities Pay Tribute To DMX - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrities Pay Tribute To DMX (392 Views)

Davido Reveals Why He Didn't Pay Tribute To Ifeanyi In His New Album(video) / DMX on Life Support Following Heart Attack After Drug Overdose / First Pics Of American Rapper DMX After Leaving Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrities Pay Tribute To DMX by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 10, 2021
DMX, an icon of New York rap, died at age 50 on Friday 9th April 2021. Born Earl Simmons, the Baltimore native was known for many hits, including “Party Up (Up in Here)” and “Get at Me Dog.” After his death, those who knew or loved the artist — fans, friends, and collaborators alike — took to social media to pay tribute and share their memories of his impact.

“DMX is a legend,” said hip-hop and electronic music producer Flying Lotus. “You can’t be a fan and not feel empathy for him in his journey,” Flying Lotus said on Wednesday while the rapper was hospitalized. “You think of ‘Belly’ and all the great stuff that he was part of. But he was dealt such a weird hand, I think, with the drug stuff. And I just have empathy because I know it’s a real thing that addiction is crazy. And so many people, they struggle with it and it’s not easy.”

“It’s so sad to hear about the passing of DMX. He was a true legend to the hip-hop community. I was individually inspired by him from his unique style. I remember touring and being on a lot of shows with him. One day I was coming out of my hotel and DMX saw me and asked, ‘was his child’s mother pulling me back?’ ‘Pulling Me Back’ was my latest record at that time for the ladies. I used to date his child’s mom and he knew that but he was cool. It never was an issue because he knew it was before him. He always showed me love and we always talked when we ran into each other," -Chingy

“God's Poet. I Love You” - Nas

“#mydog X I know that you are in the place of peace you deserve. I will be forever grateful to have known you. You were one of the most special people I have ever met. Full of Humour, talent, wisdom honesty and love and most of all loyalty. This world has lost a REAL ONE but the heavens have gained an ANGEL,” -rapper Eve

“RIP DMX. I pray for the comfort of your children and loved ones," actor Viola Davis.
“Rest In Peace DMX, a true legend. It was truly my honor to work and get to know you," actor Jet Li

“What they thought was a battle ended up being a family reunion. Of 2 Doggs who loved everything about each other thank. U. X for loving me back. C u when I get there," rapper Snoop Dogg

“Rest easy king Hug my Babegirl Aaliyah when you see her !!!!" said producer Timbaland on Twitter

“Earl you had and still have a heart of gold. You and Baby Girl will meet again with all the beautiful people we have lost. Will never forget your kindness. NEVER! Blessing to your family! Eternally!" said Diane Haughton, the mother of the late singer Aaliyah.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/nas-eve-lyor-cohen-react-death-rapper-actor-76983075
Re: Celebrities Pay Tribute To DMX by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 10, 2021

Re: Celebrities Pay Tribute To DMX by tolufase: 11:57am On Apr 10, 2021
It's indeed you're being remembered by these great people.

RIP DOG X ���

1 Like

Re: Celebrities Pay Tribute To DMX by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 10, 2021
More

Re: Celebrities Pay Tribute To DMX by criuze(m): 1:17pm On Apr 10, 2021
Sorry DMX

I I'll miss you forever

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wahala Blind Beggar Did This To Thief (video) / Rapists Should Be Killed Or Castrated – Tonto Dikeh / Bill And Melinda Gates Announce They Are Getting Divorced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.