Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:31 PM

Dollar To Pounds - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dollar To Pounds (1267 Views)

Student Changing Naira To Pounds In Uk / Uk Border Official 'gave Away Visas For Tens Of Thousands Of Pounds' / I Need Low Tuition Schools In Uk(3000 Pounds) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dollar To Pounds by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 19, 2011
pls house l have a challenge, l am to go to the uk on saturday, l want to know if it will be most appropriate if l can take dollar along wen am going, and change it to pounds wen l get to the uk?
Re: Dollar To Pounds by justwise(m): 11:36am On Apr 19, 2011
akin707:

pls house l have a challenge, l am to go to the uk on saturday, l want to know if it will be most appropriate if l can take dollar along wen am going, and change it to pounds wen l get to the uk?

Yea u can do that BUT don't change ur dollar into £ at any airport, change it at any post office in the city. Just take abt £20 with u for tax or bus rid into the city then walk into any post office or bank and do change it.
Re: Dollar To Pounds by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 19, 2011
thanks justwise. l hope the rate is also good!!! l appreciate ur quick response.
Re: Dollar To Pounds by justwise(m): 12:00pm On Apr 19, 2011
akin707:

thanks justwise. l hope the rate is also good!!! l appreciate your quick response.

Well. . .watever the rate is. .u will get the worst rate at the airport, $ to £ today is $1= £0.61433

So $5 will give u about £3 + as for today's exchange rate.
Re: Dollar To Pounds by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 19, 2011
thanks , how much am l expected to come with to the uk self for a 3weeks holiday?
Re: Dollar To Pounds by justwise(m): 12:14pm On Apr 19, 2011
akin707:

thanks , how much am l expected to come with to the uk self for a 3weeks holiday?

That will depend on ur trip, are u staying in a hotel or with a friend/family member? Planing to do some shopping or sightseeing? That will help u plan.
Re: Dollar To Pounds by dancewith: 1:10pm On Apr 19, 2011
akin707:

I tried this a couple of yrs ago and got cheated. The rates they use are so poor. Better get pounds before leaving. That will be far cheaper

Good luck
Re: Dollar To Pounds by omega25red(m): 5:59pm On Apr 19, 2011
akin707:

yes you can as a matter of fact right by the tube station there is a money exchange booth there i think at that terminal 4. I was there last year around sept and i changed $200 and got back like 140 pounds shocked

(1) (Reply)

I Need Italian Visa Urgently: Who Is Real That Can Help? / Canada Embassies To Go On Strike Monday / 38 Things You Will See Only In Dubai And No Other Place. See Photos...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.