Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

How To Avoid Dying As A Poor Writer? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Avoid Dying As A Poor Writer? (250 Views)

Poet In A Poor Country. Spoken Word Poetry / “he Not Only Took My Virginity, But My Life Too” (story From A Poor Girl) / Life Of A Poor Secondary School Boy... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Avoid Dying As A Poor Writer? by ladman(m): 12:25pm On Apr 10, 2021
Should you be afraid?

Remember the actors, writers and musicians who died after suffering from a disease and could not afford their hospital bills. Some of these people once had money but did not build an investment from their earnings.

Could you be in their position someday? Would you want to be in their position? Absolutely not! Here are three things you can do to avoid dying in poverty as a writer, musician or artist:

Earn the Money

You cannot build wealth without money, so as a creative artist, work hard and smart to earn money or be poor or struggling throughout your career. Put in the work, and earn from different opportunities. Sell your work, become a digital marketer, or teach a course about your art.

Build Investments

Money is a temporary tool in the hands of anyone who does not invest it. It’s not enough to have some money in the bank because money is just as easy to put in a bank as it is to remove it. Whatever you do, the old advice still works; don’t put your eggs in one basket. Invest your earnings in other business ventures to make extra money.

Start a Pension

Start a pension scheme while still young, save some money every month in a voluntary pension plan, and monitor it. It’s one of those lifesaving actions to fall back on when you cannot create your art because of old age or health issues.

Conclusion

The future is good if you build a plan for it. Don’t work your youth into a penniless old age. Be smart. Be the moneymaking creative artist. If you do not wish to die as a poor writer, designer, musician, or filmmaker, have a plan, and work your plan towards prosperity.

This was pulled from Becoming the Moneymaking Storyteller

(1) (Reply)

I Miss You, I Miss Us. Spoken World Poetry / Ekiti Book Club Starts Reading Outreach Programme / Why Do Most People Don't Like Reading Poetry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.