Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,920 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Do Most Animals Know They Are About To Be Slaughtered - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Do Most Animals Know They Are About To Be Slaughtered (774 Views)

See How I Slaughtered My Ram In The Trailer While Traveling Back From The North. / These Animals Were Killed While Ploughing My Farm Yesterday / The Plants And Animals I Saw In My Uncle's Compound (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Most Animals Know They Are About To Be Slaughtered by WeJCKs(m): 3:36pm On Apr 10, 2021
I've been curious about this, do they know they are about to die?.

Does seeing the corpse of their companions make them sad or something?.

Especially for cows and goats?.
Re: Do Most Animals Know They Are About To Be Slaughtered by WoundedLamb: 4:09pm On Apr 10, 2021
Not sure the animals you mentioned have that level up brain power.
Re: Do Most Animals Know They Are About To Be Slaughtered by falcon01: 4:16pm On Apr 10, 2021
They Know and they are helpless They know they can't do anything, all their lives they've known they are controlled even if they run they'll still be caught so they lay there cause they ain't No use in Running. Now why I said this is Some of this Animals recognise themselves in a reflection and Recognise their owners we happen to rear some sheep back when I was younger, They recognize me and Recognize my voice I Got attached to my animals as they did to me, They feel pain and suffer but the Main reason why I believe they are aware is when of My Ram was gonna be slaughtered It was dragged out but was struggling and I went there myself and dragged it myself it was calm and followed me to the Point its gonna be ended, My bro came with his Knife and I moved back while the others Subdued the poor Ram at that Point I looked into its eyes I swear It looked at me directly and was shouting meeeeeehh Which I translated to Help me, it knew it was gonna be killed. When I stepped back it just stopped struggling and was just took it. I couldn't stay there I had to leave and felt the weight of what I did!

Toh Las Las I ate the meat sha!!!
but it pained me sad

7 Likes

Re: Do Most Animals Know They Are About To Be Slaughtered by techmo(m): 4:21pm On Apr 10, 2021
No they don't, only few animals have the brain power to understand the concept of death... This include Elephants , Dogs and Dolphins

Kill a chicken and pour chicken feed like millet and corn mill around the dead bird, chickens would still come around to feed without any I'll feelings
Re: Do Most Animals Know They Are About To Be Slaughtered by mariahAngel(f): 5:15pm On Apr 10, 2021
falcon01:
They Know and they are helpless They know they can't do anything, all their lives they've known they are controlled even if they run they'll still be caught so they lay there cause they ain't No use in Running. Now why I said this is Some of this Animals recognise themselves in a reflection and Recognise their owners we happen to rear some sheep back when I was younger, They recognize me and Recognize my voice I Got attached to my animals as they did to me, They feel pain and suffer but the Main reason why I believe they are aware is when of My Ram was gonna be slaughtered It was dragged out but was struggling and I went there myself and dragged it myself it was calm and followed me to the Point its gonna be ended, My bro came with his Knife and I moved back while the others Subdued the poor Ram at that Point I looked into its eyes I swear It looked at me directly and was shouting meeeeeehh Which I translated to Help me, it knew it was gonna be killed. When I stepped back it just stopped struggling and was just took it. I couldn't stay there I had to leave and felt the weight of what I did!

Toh Las Las I ate the meat sha!!!
but it pained me sad

Sad but funny story.

1 Like

Re: Do Most Animals Know They Are About To Be Slaughtered by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 10, 2021
Long Post Alert:

I kind of believe that some cows/bull know it. Maybe more research needs to be done on this issue.

Two incidents from the neighbourhood that I grew up in come in handy here. No stories. Real incidents here:

First... Incident 1: So, this guy used to live a few blocks away from our apartment. He was also a good friend of my father as our families attended the same church and all that.

Long story short, one day he was supposed to give one of his many daughters out in marriage and there was going to be a huge fest. We were invited and things like that.

Things got real when I walked past their compound the evening before the D-day and saw a really fat cow munching away on grasses and foliage. The gate was wide-open but the cow was tethered(that is tied up). No incident that day....

Then wedding day arrives and something really weird happened. The man had recruited some northerners to slaughter the cow and from what I was told, that was the game changer.

You know the regular rituals; the butchers were sharpening/preparing their butchering equipment right near the cow when all of a sudden, she started acting all erratic and, somehow, broke loose from the rope and made a swift dash for the gate which had been thrown wide-open to the guests.

The scene over there and around our neighbhood was really chaotic that day- wedding guests, everybody out on the road running helter-skelter. Up until that day, I had always imagined cows to be slow or sluggish but that day that cow proved me wrong.

Everybody just dey clear road for the Olympic 100 metres champion. It took the effort of some guys within the area and the professional butchers to get the cow back to the venue of the event and the struggle to stay alive did not end until she(the cow) died. That much I was told.

Believe it or not, the cow was captured in a near-by town(you can imagine the pandemonium there). As I was not in attendance at the wedding, I watched everything from the balcony of our building and I still recall every single bit of the chase.

I might be back with Incident 2 as soon as I am done with this Chelsea game. Can't focus right now. Can't promise anything for now. Might... might not... sad
Re: Do Most Animals Know They Are About To Be Slaughtered by cattlefarming01: 4:20pm On Apr 11, 2021
What To Do To Stop Losing Money In Poultry Due To Mortality Of Birds

Common infectious diseases of poultry such as Fowlpox, Fowl cholera, Coccidiosis, and Marek's disease pose constant challenges to poultry farmers leading to incurring losses in death of birds or more cost on disease treatment.

Effective farm Biosecurity, Vaccination and using Poultry - Zyme can help to improve overall poultry bird health, cut the costs of disease treatment, reduce losses and improve farm profitability.

With just a bottle of Poultry - Zyme into 1000 liters of water for your poultry birds you have little worries about a disease affecting your birds as Poultry- Zyme helps to improve their immune system to reduce the mortality rate.

It is highly cost-effective in preventing your birds from diseases and at the same time helps to increase their growth, egg production and improves the quality of eggs

For delivery of the product to your location contact +23408033492090.

To learn more about our products visit www.zenithenergyenzyme.com

Re: Do Most Animals Know They Are About To Be Slaughtered by Deasegun19(m): 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2021
Long Post Alert:

I kind of believe that some cows/bull know it. Maybe more research needs to be done on this issue.

Two incidents from the neighbourhood that I grew up in come in handy here. No stories. Real incidents here:

First... Incident 1: So, this guy used to live a few blocks away from our apartment. He was also a good friend of my father as our families attended the same church and all that.

Long story short, one day he was supposed to give one of his many daughters out in marriage and there was going to be a huge fest. We were invited and things like that.

Things got real when I walked past their compound the evening before the D-day and saw a really fat cow munching away on grasses and foliage. The gate was wide-open but the cow was tethered(that is tied up). No incident that day....

Then wedding day arrives and something really weird happened. The man had recruited some northerners to slaughter the cow and from what I was told, that was the game changer.

You know the regular rituals; the butchers were sharpening/preparing their butchering equipment right near the cow when all of a sudden, she started acting all erratic and, somehow, broke loose from the rope and made a swift dash for the gate which had been thrown wide-open to the guests.

The scene over there and around our neighbhood was really chaotic that day- wedding guests, everybody out on the road running helter-skelter. Up until that day, I had always imagined cows to be slow or sluggish but that day that cow proved me wrong.

Everybody just dey clear road for the Olympic 100 metres champion. It took the effort of some guys within the area and the professional butchers to get the cow back to the venue of the event and the struggle to stay alive did not end until she(the cow) died. That much I was told.

Believe it or not, the cow was captured in a near-by town(you can imagine the pandemonium there). As I was not in attendance at the wedding, I watched everything from the balcony of our building and I still recall every single bit of the chase.

I might be back with Incident 2 as soon as I am done with this Chelsea game. Can't focus right now. Can't promise anything for now. Might... might not... sad

chia oga, u never see match finish since April. abeg give me incident 2...kikiki

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help,look At My 5 Weeks Old Finger Lick Are They Growing / Fairly Used / Tokunbo Farm Tractor For Sale / Poultry Farm Offer For Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.