Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Agony Of A First Timer - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Agony Of A First Timer (365 Views)

Agony Of My Mother / Agony Of Beauty / Agony Of Chioma Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Agony Of A First Timer by JONSYN7154: 5:51pm On Apr 10, 2021
THE AGONY OF A FIRST TIMER
Part 1
I was so engrossed in listening to the music that was playing through my earphone that I never followed the discussion that was going on in the bus.
Lets take through Buruku, there is shorter. Said one of the passengers

That was the beginning of my problem.
Yes! yes! lets cross through Buruku river and reduced the distance, said all the passengers.

Jesu! Which river were they talking about? I humbled myself and with a very sympathetic voice i asked, are we crossing river? Yes! Chorused all the passengers. Jesus! I began to sweat profusely. I became so angry with all the passengers, what kind of inconsideration was that! How would they not know that some persons might be water phobic! how did they even get to that conclusion of crossing a river! I began to hear voices in my mind, debating and antagonizing each other. Oh my God, was I getting mad? Hmmm kumasughun, don't die before you even get to where the river is oo. I was left on alone in my own world. I silently did sign of the cross, which I am sure I didn't get it right cos I don't know if they usually start from left to right or right to left. Who cares, what mattered was I needed to pray! I gave alter call myself, surrender myself to Jesus, confessed all my sins done and yet to do and asked for forgives.
I tired to continue my music but, the music I was enjoying earlier became a disturbance to me.

The crossing the river became a topic of discussion in the vehicle. Everybody sharing their experiences. Oo my goodness! Are these people not noticing that someone is dying in silence here? Are they sent by my village people? I decided to ignore them and focus on my predicament. Suddenly, the lady seated just beside me noticed my uneasiness and asked " Bro are you OK? Hmmm what kind of stupid question was that? How can she be asking me the obvious. How can I be OK with the way I was sweating seated close to the widow with enough ventilation. Isn't it obvious that I was not OK?

To be continued

(1) (Reply)

Write Articles & Work From Home / Tech Ebook Writers Needed Urgently! / Nairaland First Crowd Funding Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.