Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,540 members, 7,837,076 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

How Can You Tell Your Pastor Is Not Fake? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can You Tell Your Pastor Is Not Fake? (651 Views)

The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? / Daddy Freeze On First Fruit: Giving Your January Salary To Pastor Is Foolishness / "Pastor Is My Baby Daddy" - Mentally Deranged Woman Provides Photos As Proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can You Tell Your Pastor Is Not Fake? by chatinent: 9:03am On Apr 11, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
They claim to perform miracles but none of them has ever performed that miracle we can measure and ascertain veracity. Known will perform miracles like growing back a limb or laying hands on someone in the hospital. There miracles are always tricky and full of gimmicks.
All Nigerian pastors have one mindset, grow my personal ministry even if it means collecting other churches members, I just want mine to grow because this directly means more money for them, they now see postorhood as a career hence they become money-centric along the line.
above all, there's no evidence for their God and what they preach. The bible is full of tales that are not consistent with reality hence making all pastors fake

The Bible is straightforward. Pastors only twist it to support their marketing strategies.
Re: How Can You Tell Your Pastor Is Not Fake? by Kobojunkiee: 9:08am On Apr 11, 2021
chatinent:

No, I mean scriptures backups against following shepherds of God.
Ezekiel 34

Ezekiel 34 vs 9-16 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9. So, you shepherds, listen to the word of the Lord!
10. The Lord God says, “I am against the shepherds. I will demand my sheep from them. I will fire them. They will not be my shepherds anymore. Then the shepherds will not be able to feed themselves, and I will save my flock from their mouths. Then my sheep will not be food for them.”
11. The Lord God says, “I myself will be their Shepherd. I will search for my sheep and take care of them.
12. If a shepherd is with his sheep when they begin to wander away, he will go searching for them. In the same way I will search for my sheep. I will save them and bring them back from all the places where they were scattered on that dark and cloudy day.
13. I will bring them back from those nations. I will gather them from those countries and bring them back to their own land. I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streams, and in all the places where people live.
14. I will lead them to grassy fields. They will go to the place high on the mountains of Israel and lie down on good ground and eat the grass. They will eat in rich grassland on the mountains of Israel.
15. Yes, I will feed my flock, and I will lead them to a place of rest.” This is what the Lord God said.

16. “I will search for the lost sheep. I will bring back the sheep that were scattered and put bandages on the sheep that were hurt. I will make the weak sheep strong, but I will destroy the fat and powerful shepherds. I will feed them the punishment they deserve.”
Re: How Can You Tell Your Pastor Is Not Fake? by chatinent: 9:09am On Apr 11, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Ezekiel 34
I don't still see the point.
Re: How Can You Tell Your Pastor Is Not Fake? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:10am On Apr 11, 2021
chatinent:

King James is a mere translation of the Bible from the original language to English. We don't live in a King James' world.

God hasn't changed his words, yes, but many Bible translators have.

I am simply saying the world has not changed since Noah and God's Word has Never Changed either, so it's settled then!
Re: How Can You Tell Your Pastor Is Not Fake? by Kobojunkiee: 9:10am On Apr 11, 2021
chatinent:

I don't still see the point.
What point? undecided
Re: How Can You Tell Your Pastor Is Not Fake? by AntiChristian: 9:16am On Apr 11, 2021
chatinent:

Even if he did, it wouldn't make any difference.

Magicians dey do am too

Which magician ever do these?
Re: How Can You Tell Your Pastor Is Not Fake? by Righteousness2(m): 9:19am On Apr 11, 2021
chatinent:

Cite the Bible where the prerequisites of heaven were quoted.

Isaiah 35:8-10
Hebrews 12:14
Psalm 15:1-5
Matthew 5:8
Ephesians 5:5
Revelation 21:27
Isaiah 52:1
Re: How Can You Tell Your Pastor Is Not Fake? by chatinent: 9:43am On Apr 11, 2021
Righteousness2:

Isaiah 35:8-10
Hebrews 12:14
Psalm 15:1-5
Matthew 5:8
Ephesians 5:5
Revelation 21:27
Isaiah 52:1

I see your points. Of course, I believe people will go to heaven. However, can you explain what the Bible meant at Psalm 37: 9-11?
Re: How Can You Tell Your Pastor Is Not Fake? by Emmanuelcann: 2:04pm On Apr 11, 2021
By the Gospel he preaches. Christ has only one Gospel - 1 Corinthians 15:1 - 4. It's of salvation by grace through faith in him - Ephesians 2: 8 & 9
That's the only doorway into God's kingdom
Re: How Can You Tell Your Pastor Is Not Fake? by sonmvayina(m): 3:59pm On Apr 11, 2021
When he knows jesus never existed...
Re: How Can You Tell Your Pastor Is Not Fake? by Kobojunkiee: 4:43pm On Apr 11, 2021
Emmanuelcann:
By the Gospel he preaches. Christ has only one Gospel - 1 Corinthians 15:1 - 4. It's of salvation by grace through faith in him - Ephesians 2: 8 & 9
That's the only doorway into God's kingdom
But Jesus Christ asked you to teach instead His Gospel, the Gospel of the Kingdom of God which is the New Covenant Law promised by God to His people? undecided

Matthew 11 vs 27-30 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
27. All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
28. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Re: How Can You Tell Your Pastor Is Not Fake? by davidinchrist(m): 8:28pm On Apr 11, 2021
chatinent:
In a world we live in where churches have become businesses, how can you tell your pastor is not fake?

Please understand that until you explain the differences between miracles and magic, it is not a criterion.

How can you tell?

Please keep the teachings of Jesus in mind before defending.

Thank you.

It's not very difficult to know actually, especially if WE ARE NOT FAKES OURSELVES. The Bible says, "Deep calls unto deep". So we might as well say, "Fakes call unto fakes".

Personally, over the years I have found that far too many Pastors/Prophets/Church founders are fakes, which is usually exposed particularly in their attitudes to Money and Popularity. Jesus said one could not serve two masters: God plus Money, or God plus People and their praises or acceptance.

When I stumble on a preacher, I don't just want to focus on his correct doctrines or Bible quotations, but to rather sense his spirit. Is he an example of Jesus like Paul, Peter, John, etc. Or just another common example of some great American preacher or international Church founder?

Many of us are deceived by correct words, religious activities, wonders, signs, prosperity, etc. Well, even the devil can contain ALL of that, but how about Christlikeness: humility, holiness, loving God above money, people and all other things of the world? I think we know the answer!

It says narrow is the way and few find it. If we don't accept the truth, then we DESERVE to be DECEIVED.

If we love the truth, we would be blessed with the gift to discern between the wrong and the right; Jesus servants and Antichrists in sheep's clothing.

Matt.24.24 - For there shall arise FALSE Christs, and FALSE prophets, and shall shew GREAT signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall DECEIVE THE VERY ELECT.

BUT,

John 14:15 - If you love me obey my commandments (as written in the new testament).

God bless
Re: How Can You Tell Your Pastor Is Not Fake? by XRJP: 6:33pm On May 30, 2021
chatinent:
In a world we live in where churches have become businesses, how can you tell your pastor is not fake?

Please understand that until you explain the differences between miracles and magic, it is not a criterion.

How can you tell?

Please keep the teachings of Jesus in mind before defending.

Thank you.

It's all summarised in 1Tim 3

And in all honesty, most pastors fall short in one way or the other...
Re: How Can You Tell Your Pastor Is Not Fake? by luvmijeje(f): 7:28pm On May 30, 2021
There is no fake Pastor. There is only a 'wrong or right pastor'. In order for you to know whether a Pastor is right or wrong, you must first of all understand yourself. The 'right Pastor' aligns with your values and most importantly the 'right Pastor' have the ability to inspire you.
Re: How Can You Tell Your Pastor Is Not Fake? by Kobojunkiee: 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2021
luvmijeje:
There is no fake Pastor. There is only a 'wrong or right pastor'. In order for you to know whether a Pastor is right or wrong, you must first of all understand yourself. The 'right Pastor' aligns with your values and most importantly the 'right Pastor' have the ability to inspire you.

They are all false teachers and false prophets, wolves in sheep's clothing, seeking to prey on God's sheep. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Lifestyle Of Righteousness / The Story Of The Prophet Abodunrin Who Was Eaten By Lions At Ibadan Zoo / I Had A Motor Accident, Please Help Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.