Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Why This Disparity Between The North And The South - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why This Disparity Between The North And The South (421 Views)

Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South / Evidence Of The Disparity Between North And South That Sanusi Spoke About / FG To Address Pay Disparity Between Civil And Public Servants – Oyo-ita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why This Disparity Between The North And The South by Ikwerelastborn: 9:22am On Apr 11, 2021
Oga CP dismantle ALL road blocks in Southern Nigeria

Meanwhile please If you are a police, army, civil defence please REPLY ME, If possible create a fake account and reply this message I want to ask something really important, especially if you have worked in Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria do they tell you guys to act differently? Do you have separate Orientation for the different regions?

Because

In all my years of living in the north and even middle belt regions from Kano, Jigawa, Kaduna, Abuja etc I have never met road blocks even inter state road blocks the way we have road blocks in the south, I promise you, you won't even know when you have left Abuja and you are in Nassarawa or Kaduna except you see a signboard, you don't know when you have left Jigawa and entered Kano but in the south you know you are crossing to another TOWN not STATE oh when you see about 3 check points on a one meter road with tires and a bench and that locally made burner lantern stuff made of milk tin used to light the check point. Northerners who have lived all their lives in the north won't understand all what I just described.

In the midst of the Corona craze you could still drive and cross borders in Northern Nigeria, but in the south another story.

And it surprises me because due to boko haram, herds men, bandits, insurgency, etc one would expect the north to have the most road blocks more army and police presence.

But no, South south and south east have the most, the state with the Most is Rivers state, if you are entering rivers from that Oyigbo or omoku or eleme area you will pass over 14 road blocks and if you are a commercial motorists you will have to settle all of them, I'd you are riding a motorcycle you will come down your passenger will come down and you will push your bike through the check point while your passengers walk behind you, but in Northern Nigeria this does not happen, I remember driving through large states like Kano, (Kano is bigger than almost all of not all of the south east states) yet not one stop and search or police check point and there has been attacks in Kano In 2019 I remember boko attacked Kano and killed atleast 25 in 2020 there were also several attacks but the last militancy attack in South south Nigeria happened in the 2009's yet we have these measures till today.

Back to my journey from Jigawa, gumel, ringim, to Kano bebeji, to Zaria, to Abuja This journey is longer than driving through the south south and south east from Warri to Enugu to port harcourt to uyo yet I didn't see ONE police Checkpoint or one stop and search, so Simple things like these are why certain sections of the country feel attacked, feel cheated out of this Alleged One Nigeria, we are not all treated equally at all. It is not even as if Rivers state shares border with any country

Then there are other little things like plate numbers, tinted glass permit, fire extinguisher etc in the south Lagos, Port Harcourt etc if you don't have these prepare to settle, in the north it is very normal for vehicles especially motor cycles to not have plate numbers to not be registered at all, it is common to see hundreds of tinted cars and not even one has tinted permit, Yet our one Nigeria police, road safety, civil defence, army etc all operate different laws in Northern Nigeria than they operate in Southern Nigeria

While I was in Jigawa and Ogun especially Jigawa during market days the borders are flung open herdsmen, sheep sellers etc from Niger enter freely without stop and search and all those B.s you see when entring PH from ABA

And I ask myself is it that PH and Aba border is more insecure, posses more treat to Nigeria than Niger and Nigeria border in Jigawa or Nigeria and Benin border in Ogun and elsewhere. I'm puzzled. Someone explain to me why this is so. I wanted to film the checkpoints but you know the kind of country we are in. Police brutality and army brutality is real.

I also noticed that when I fly at the northern airports I greet armed military men wearing Black and black dressed like a normal young boy and they responded very well they even bowed down and where hailing me, I was shocked this has happened more than 3 occasions.
But in the south, immediately I entered pH airport despite the plate number I was driving, despite wearing Native wear, despite telling them who I am these SARS and police were still eager to give me problems to make sure I settle them by force, I had to talk to their boss and even put some high profile call through. It's the same for army, road safety etc. in the south ARMY will NEVER smile with you, joke with you etc except you know them personally so I'm wondering is it the same orientation.

Please feel free to reply, No judgement nothing I just want to know.

Nepa too during my stay in Abuja I called Nepa officials and they came immediately on several occasions, the first time I didn't have cash on me to settle them for a work they were to do for me, so they said no p call us in the evening or anytime you get the money and we will come I said no, because I didn't believe they would come back (that's how they are in the south) so do it now I'll transfer to you and you can withdraw whenever or use cash from your hand, or fix it and come tomorrow I'll pay you, I'm not running this is my house, they laughed and said oga no worry when you call us for evening we go come dear friends I went to ATM got the cash came back around 7 or 8 called these guys they came fixed it for me collected cash. This would NEVER HAPPEN IN My section of the south.

I have many many other experiences like drugs for example young, I mean very young boys, pre teen boys buy and smoke drugs not shisha, not cigar or cigarettes, I mean Igbo, loud, S.K, and hard drugs, narcos etc, in broad day light, shops sell these in plates in the open, they sell it the way you'd sell grounded/blended Cray fish, dry pepper etc in the south, when I saw these at first I was scared I didn't know why exactly, but after a while, after seeing police officer buying and even seeing some boys smoke on the road as they went about their daily activities I became used to it, so help explain to me WHY THIS IS SO?

I have more but this is already too long.

I believe if we can understand why, it will help us know why the north does not seem to be on the same page with the south on little things such as #endsars and other protests because these are not things that affect them, it's almost as if we are two different countries, for me atleast it felt that way the culture shock was too much.

No alcohol but you can smoke whatever whenever

No touching or handshakes with women but you can marry 4

I can go on and on but I'll stop here and hope someone answers me

Adapted from a Nairalander DuBLINGreenb

Cc lalasticlala mynd44 front page please

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why This Disparity Between The North And The South by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 11, 2021
Na wetin you want make i talk
Re: Why This Disparity Between The North And The South by Chigboboss: 9:41am On Apr 11, 2021
Lies.

There are many checkpoints in the North to this day. I grew up there so I know first hand. Especially when BH was at its fiercest. Kabukabu (okada) must stop and push their bikes till they pass the checkpoint.

Go to any NDLEA office in the north and it is filled with arrested suspects so that one about drugs is another BIG lie. They have their dark spots where they hide to sell and smoke their drugs just like anywhere in the south but they also raid them from time to time.

Lies lies and more lies to deceive the gullible from the enemies of this country.

Re: Why This Disparity Between The North And The South by AfonjaConehead: 9:43am On Apr 11, 2021
Ask coneheaded structured elements who sold away the south

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why This Disparity Between The North And The South by limeta(f): 9:49am On Apr 11, 2021
Oppress suppress them untill they feel subdued .
Teachings of mohammed is very much involve in the running of nigeria

Satan of sokoto is nigeria first citizen

1 Like

Re: Why This Disparity Between The North And The South by harmargedon: 9:56am On Apr 11, 2021
na Dem imam cause am
Re: Why This Disparity Between The North And The South by saaron(m): 10:02am On Apr 11, 2021
The f.ulani regime will fall victim of their own trap. Their foot soldier terrorist will turn on them and overrun their arew.a and they'll have no soldeirs to save them.
Re: Why This Disparity Between The North And The South by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:12am On Apr 11, 2021
saaron:
The f.ulani regime will fall victim of their own trap. Their foot soldier terrorist will turn on them and overrun their arew.a and they'll have no soldeirs to save them.
If dem born shecowboko well, make em go invade Government house cool
Re: Why This Disparity Between The North And The South by Asgard13: 11:07am On Apr 11, 2021
Chigboboss:
Lies.

There are many checkpoints in the North to this day. I grew up there so I know first hand. Especially when BH was at its fiercest. Kabukabu (okada) must stop and push their bikes till they pass the checkpoint.

Go to any NDLEA office in the north and it is filled with arrested suspects so that one about drugs is another BIG lie. They have their dark spots where they hide to sell and smoke their drugs just like anywhere in the south but they also raid them from time to time.

Lies lies and more lies to deceive the gullible from the enemies of this country.

You’ve not been to North.

So many checkpoints.. the north DONT know what’s checkpoint

Maybe Bornu or Biu Gombe road.

The op is right .
Re: Why This Disparity Between The North And The South by Chigboboss: 11:50am On Apr 11, 2021
Asgard13:

You’ve not been to North.

So many checkpoints.. the north DONT know what’s checkpoint

Maybe Bornu or Biu Gombe road.

The op is right .

Keep quiet I was born in the core North West. Old Sokoto State to be precise. I also work in the north.

Everything there is pure lies.

The north is full of checkpoints thanks to insecurity. Are you kidding me? Not only police. Army, Customs, NDLEA, immigration. I've never even seen an immigration checkpoint in the south but here they usually stop commercial vehicles looking for "Buzu" (Nigeriens) and other illegal immigrants who they either arrest or mostly take bribe from and release to continue their journey.

So you didn't read where I told you that kabu kabu must come down with their passenger before crossing the checkpoint in the north especially when BH was hot before Buhari? When Kano, Sokoto and even Abuja was not safe from Boko?

Anyone that claims otherwise has either never been in the north or is a lying, fraudulent secessionist deceiver trying to fuel more division to break the country since Igboho and Nnamdi Kanu have failed and wasting innocent lives in the process. We know their trademark and this one has failed. Petty lies.
Re: Why This Disparity Between The North And The South by Bayonet40: 1:03pm On Apr 11, 2021
Oga there are checkpoints in the North. Please don't come here and mislead the people. I am a southerner (a civilian) but based in the North. Mind you, I have never seen an immigration checkpoint in the south but it's scattered everywhere in the North. But for the issue of orientation as regards to security personnel, I will suggest you ask various leaders in these regions. I think every governor has the right to caution security heads in their states on the rules of engagement and how personnel should handle those they are governing (just my thought)...

(1) (Reply)

Gombe SEC Approves N1.4bn For Procurement, Installation Of Biometric Equipment / Nairaland Debate: Africa Needs To Abolish Most Of Its Traditions / Amid Dozens Abducted By Bandits, Security Rescues 300 Cows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.