Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,648 members, 7,823,834 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together (2841 Views)

Wally Adeyemo: Taliban Won't Be Allowed Access To Afghan Central Bank Reserves / Mugabe Won't Be Buried Until 30 Days Time (see Why) / Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by ogbiwa: 12:22pm On Apr 11, 2021
Prince Philip's coffin will be held in the Royal Vault at St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle, until it can be buried together with his wife of 74 years, the Queen, so they can be together forever, it has been revealed.

When the duke is finally laid to rest, it is expected to be at the Royal Burial Ground, a cemetery near Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s former Frogmore Estate by Windsor Castle.

The estate is believed to be particularly special to both the Queen and her husband.

Traditionally monarchs’ consorts are buried at Westminster Abbey or St George’s Chapel, the latter of which is where Prince Philip’s funeral ceremony will take place on April 17.

Before the Duke of Edinburgh is laid to rest he will be examined by a member of the Medical Household, who will determine the cause of his death.

It is likely this will take place in their medical wing of Windsor Castle.

Then the Duke will be placed in a coffin which will be taken to the St George's Chapel within the Windsor Castle grounds, The Sun reports.

Philip will not have a state funeral as per his final wishes before his death on Friday.

The royal ceremony will take place at St George's Chapel and the public has been asked not to attend or gather amid Covid-19.

Due to the pandemic, the arrangements for the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral, which is codenamed Operation Forth Bridge, have had to change.

His ceremonial funeral at St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle, will be televised and broadcast to the country from 3pm next Saturday.

A specially modified Land Rover the duke helped to design will take his coffin from the castle to the chapel, followed by the Prince of Wales and senior royals on foot, a senior Palace official said.

The Queen has approved the Prime Minister's recommendation of national mourning, which will run until the day of the funeral.

As per coronavirus restrictions, only 30 people will be able to attend the funeral as guests.

Buckingham Palace announced the sad death of Prince Philip in a statement by the Queen, 94, which read: “It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen announces the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

"His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle.

"Further announcements will made in due course. The Royal Family join with people around the world in mourning his loss."

The Queen is expected to now start an eight day period of mourning, where she will not carry out royal duties.

The entire Royal Family are expected to enter an official grieving period for 30 days following these eight days.

The Duke of Edinburgh had been due to turn 100 in June.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/prince-philips-coffin-will-moved-23892131

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Lalasticlala Mynd44

lalasticlala Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by Kriss216: 12:22pm On Apr 11, 2021
Your wife is Queen and they're calling you Prince. No be King suppose be em Title

Just thinking sha.

1 Like

Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by DesignAndBuild: 12:22pm On Apr 11, 2021
The queen looked pretty on her wedding day. Wow married for 74 years. Keeping a marriage intact that long is not a small matter, not even when one of the people in the marriage is the queen of England, for the all glorious queen must have her own personal issues that the ol prince dealt with all these while, and vice versa

4 Likes

Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by 1Alex: 12:26pm On Apr 11, 2021
Okay
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by Bluntguy: 12:32pm On Apr 11, 2021
I know there is no marriage in the afterlife. Marriage ends here on earth.
Anyways, their headache.
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by habsydiamond(m): 12:33pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kriss216:
Your wife is Queen and they're calling you Prince. No be King suppose be em Title

Just thinking sha.
he is not an England prince I guess
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by Kobicove(m): 12:35pm On Apr 11, 2021
May he rest in peace
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by lkillbrokehoes: 12:41pm On Apr 11, 2021
Interesting
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by adadike(f): 1:00pm On Apr 11, 2021
Prince Phillip, even though you have gone to answer guilty or not guilty before the almighty God, I tap into your long life, may God grant me long life and prosperity and also great and long lasting marriage like yours Amen. If God do all this for me, there is no way I will not make heaven o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by pretydiva(f): 1:01pm On Apr 11, 2021
So are they indirectly wishing for the queen to die on time??
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by emae009(m): 1:05pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kriss216:

Just thinking sha.

Her Majesty The Queen, is the head of the Royal family and the Church of England. In medieval times and till now, whoever wears the crown was the head, which was mostly reserved to the males hence Kings. When that was abolish to include females, having a King when the Queen is the head wasn't a good idea.
When there's a King, the wife becomes Queen. But when there's a Queen, the husband becomes a consort hence "The Prince" not a prince. It's more of a title to show reserved loyalty to the Crown and The Queen

3 Likes

Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by tompat86(m): 1:17pm On Apr 11, 2021
May his soul RIP
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by Prettylima(f): 1:21pm On Apr 11, 2021
I tap into her grace
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by DesignAndBuild: 1:31pm On Apr 11, 2021
emae009:

Her Majesty The Queen, is the head of the Royal family and the Church of England. In medieval times and till now, whoever wears the crown was the head, which was mostly reserved to the males hence Kings. When that was abolish to include females, having a King when the Queen is the head wasn't a good idea.
When there's a King, the wife becomes Queen. But when there's a Queen, the husband becomes a consort hence "The Prince" not a prince. It's more of a title to show reserved loyalty to the Crown and The Queen

I wanted to type a reply then I saw yours. Mine isn't needed anymore

1 Like

Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by Hundredfold4lif(m): 1:57pm On Apr 11, 2021
HAD HE BEEN NAMED OR CALLED A KING, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN THE RULER INSTEAD OF QUEEN AS YOU CAN'T HAVE A KING & ALLOW HIS QUEEN TO GOVERN!
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by Emu4u2c: 2:47pm On Apr 11, 2021
DesignAndBuild:
The queen looked pretty on her wedding day. Wow married for 74 years. Keeping a marriage intact that long is not a small matter, not even when one of the people in the marriage is the queen of England, for the all glorious queen must have her own personal issues that the ol prince dealt with all these while, and vice versa
I once watched a Netflix series “ The Crown “ which highlights the early life of the queen and her troubles which includes Prince Philip early resentment Of having to live in the shadows of his wife and how It almost caused a royal divorce which would have be scandalous

The life of the Queen isn’t as easy as the media portrays it..She has had to give up Her personality to carry that of a royal throne
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by Dalil8: 3:31pm On Apr 11, 2021
Vulcanheph:
I have a feeling that the queen might not be around for long after her husband's death... Let's face it, they've been married for 70+ years , the bond that they must share would have gotten so strong that life won't make much sense to her anymore without him.

My first thoughts the moment i heard of his death. It'll be a miracle if she survives 2 years without her lifelong partner.

Hundredfold4lif:

HAD HE BEEN NAMED OR CALLED A KING, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN THE RULER INSTEAD OF QUEEN AS YOU CAN'T HAVE A KING & ALLOW HIS QUEEN TO GOVERN!

Yeah he's a foreigner (Greek origin i think) and it'll be absurd making a foreigner the KING. Anyone can be made Queen but not everyone can be King. So he had to settle with the Prince title.

Prince Charles will be crowned King after the Queen's demise, he's next in line.
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by Vulcanheph(m): 3:44pm On Apr 11, 2021
I have a feeling that the queen might not be around for long after her husband's death... Let's face it, they've been married for 70+ years , the bond that they must share would have gotten so strong that life won't make much sense to her anymore without him.
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kriss216:

Just thinking sha.
He's also from a highly placed royal family in Greece,his father was a king before he was exiled for some political treason.
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kriss216:

Just thinking sha.
He's also from a highly placed royal family in Greece,his father was a king before he was exiled for some alleged political treason.

1 Like

Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by Kingcalls: 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kriss216:

Just thinking sha.

Only blue blood thats on the throne are labelled king or Queen...
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by Kingcalls: 5:00pm On Apr 11, 2021
Dalil8:

My first thoughts the moment i heard of his death. It'll be a miracle if she survives 2 years without her lifelong partner.

Yeah he's a foreigner (Greek origin i think) and it'll be absurd making a foreigner the KING. Anyone can be made Queen but not everyone can be King. So he had to settle with the Prince title.

Prince Charles will be crowned King after the Queen's demise, he's next in line.

Even if he was pure British, he wudnt b king...he has not the royal blood of England
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by Dalil8: 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kingcalls:

Even if he was pure British, he wudnt b king...he has not the royal blood of England

Yup
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by Dalil8: 5:08pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kingcalls:

Only blue blood thats on the throne are labelled king or Queen...

@bolded

You're wrong. The wife of a King is automatically a Queen. But only royal bloods can be King.
There's just too much power to that title "KING".
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by Kingcalls: 5:25pm On Apr 11, 2021
Dalil8:

@bolded

You're wrong. The wife of a King is automatically a Queen. But only royal bloods can be King.
There's just too much power to that title "KING".

Well...thx for enlighten me
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by addictiv(m): 6:14pm On Apr 11, 2021
74 years Marriage yet 3 of her kids have divorced before... Surely they didn't get marriage staying power thier parents have
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by punisha: 7:03pm On Apr 11, 2021
he died peacefully, so what exactly are they still carrying out post mortem examination for? Abi dem no want make the man to die again?

Na celebration of life if na for my village we go dey celebrate.
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 11, 2021
Wow
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by Oppy2k2: 10:01pm On Apr 11, 2021
May God uphold the queen
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by Saintmary(f): 10:48pm On Apr 11, 2021
emae009:

He was born a prince in Greece.
He didn't lose his title, so he remains a prince.
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by CheedyJ(m): 12:32am On Apr 12, 2021
Now that d Queen is available, lemme try my luck .
Re: Prince Phillip Won't Be Buried Until The Queen Dies, So They Can Be Together by emae009(m): 6:37am On Apr 12, 2021
Saintmary:

He was born a prince in Greece.
He didn't lose his title, so he remains a prince.

He was sent out of Greece of some sort. Found his way to England, joined the Navy. Fell in love with the princess. But they couldn't married according to ancient laws. They did have a secret engagement so for their union to be acceptable, His Majesty King George granted a royal consent for him to be coronated Duke of Edinburgh converting his name to Mountbatten making it possible for him to married the princess.
Once a prince accent to the throne he becomes The King and his wife a Queen. Once a princess accent the throne, she becomes The Queen and the husband, The Prince. not a King. this makes it easier to understand the chain of command with The Queen as head of the family.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Israel Should Be Very Careful With Iran / Graphic: Graveyard Of Russian Tanks And Russian Forces In Ukraine / US To Set Up Military Base In Niger, Drones / Aircrafts Within Range Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.