Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,492 members, 7,816,163 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Keep On The Firing Line - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Keep On The Firing Line (145 Views)

On Firing Greatness In Others.... / Daddy Freeze & Sunday Adelaja Not Wrong For Firing Pastors - James Austine / Keep Firing On All Cylinders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keep On The Firing Line by OwudaEsther: 5:41pm On Apr 11, 2021
*THE DRIVER AND THE TRAFFIC LIGHT*

Returning from an event, I boarded a bus to take me back home. While on the way back home, there was traffic, looking at the the traffic light, it displayed red meaning we should stop. Meanwhile, I was in the front seat with the driver, so, the driver stopped, we waited for long as the traffic light hasn't changed to green that indicates we can move. The passengers in the bus, where already becoming uncomfortable waiting that long, so they began to yell at the driver to move na.

Some where like: _oga you no go move, na so we go dey here today_ cos some buses where already moving even if it was wrong.

The driver didn't even answer them a word. All of a sudden I heard him soliloquizing saying: _that's how I'll move now and afterwards when I'm caught no one will say they pushed me to move even when the traffic light hasn't say move._

Hearing him say all these, I begin to wonder within myself, if a driver could be scared of the consequences of disobeying traffic rules and regulations, how much more we Christians, are we still scared of the consequences of disobeying God?

Another thought came to my mind, despite the unceasing nagging of the passengers at the back seat, the driver was resolute in his decision, he didn't even give a budge, he never allowed what they were saying to move him or change his mind from doing what is right. Then I said to my self, if our mind is really fixed in doing what is right, no body can push us to do what is wrong. The choice of right and wrong in just in our mind to decide.

Now Dear Christians, I understand that you are faced with so many trials, temptations, oppositions on your heavenward journey and sometimes you're pushed to do what is wrong but I want you not to forget that the consequences of Sin is still very grievous.

God has not changed, His standard of Holiness and Righteousness has not changed. Let us keep striving for what is right, keep fighting the good fight of Faith until you see God face to face!

Not until you get to your destination (Heaven), not until you wear your Crown, never, never stop your journey half way!

His Grace is Sufficient for you!

©️ Owuda Esther Avosuachi

1 Share

Re: Keep On The Firing Line by Eviana(f): 6:07pm On Apr 11, 2021
Beautifully written.....and very encouraging.

(1) (Reply)

Sign Up Now For ACHETS Incorporated Mentoring. Find A Mentor Or Become A Mentor. / My Confidence Is In Christ / Are You Naked Or Are You Covered Up? You Decide!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.