Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,790 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Fasting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fasting (102 Views)

RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 / Biafra: Anambra Church Declares 40-Day Fasting / Scriptures That You Must Meditate On While Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fasting by DannyG8(m): 8:42pm On Apr 11, 2021
I have been to different churches and some of the pastor preach about fasting to overcome sins and some of the pastor or preaches said you can overcome sin by fasting

my question is can someone overcome sin by fasting
Re: Fasting by Jashub: 8:46pm On Apr 11, 2021
If you've not given your life to Jesus then there is no way you can overcome sin. The proper method to walk in a Christ-like life is first being saved, then sanctified, and then living a holy life by studying and living according to biblical standards
Re: Fasting by Kobojunkiee: 8:55pm On Apr 11, 2021
DannyG8:
I have been to different churches and some of the pastor preach about fasting to overcome sins and some of the pastor or preaches said you can overcome sin by fasting

my question is can someone overcome sin by fasting
I am afraid what you have encountered there are false teachers and prophets that Jesus Christ warned you against. They deceive people with lies which have no basis in the teachings of Jesus Christ, and so are against God. undecided

What is sin? Sin is simply disobedience of the commandments of God, in this case, the commandments of God are the teachings of Jesus Christ, the Truth of God. And we know that according to Jesus Christ, the only way to free oneself from the clutches from sin is to choose submit to and obey His teachings/commandments which are given to you by God Himself.

John 8 vs 31-36
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31. So Jesus said to the Jews who believed in him, “If you continue to accept and obey my teaching, you are really my followers.
32. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
33. They answered, “We are Abraham’s descendants. And we have never been slaves. So why do you say that we will be free?”
34. Jesus said, “The truth is, everyone who sins is a slave—a slave to sin.
35. A slave does not stay with a family forever. But a son belongs to the family forever.
36. So if the Son makes you free, you are really free.
By learning the Truth of God, the teachings of Jesus Christ, one learns what sins is. And through continued acceptance(trust) and obedience of the teachings/commandments, one is set free from sin and becomes a disciple/follower of Jesus Christ instead. undecided

No amount of fasting and prayer can deliver anyone from sin... submitting to the Truth of Jesus Christ is the only way! undecided

(1) (Reply)

Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:monday , April 19, 2021 / Ramadan 2021: Day 11 Quotes, Images, Greetings, Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.