Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) (1315 Views)

COVID-19: Air France Begins Evacuation Of EU Citizens In Nigeria / Nigeria Police Vehicle Transporting Feed For Police Horses (Photos, Video) / Commuters Forced To Ride On Horses On Mile12 - Ikorodu Road As Traffic Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by Explorers(m): 9:17pm On Apr 11, 2021
Horses were airlifted by the Swiss Air Force as part of an unusual trial on Friday.

The horses were hoisted from the ground by a military helicopter as part of a test to work out whether injured animals can be evacuated and transported to vets quickly.

The goal of the exercise is to provide transport and rapid evacuation of injured horses or animals to veterinary medical facilities by air.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9453877/And-hes-Horse-airlifted-Swiss-military-chopper-scientific-experiment.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by Explorers(m): 9:17pm On Apr 11, 2021
The horse appeared to be thrown about by the wind and the helicopter as it was dragged along for a flight.

Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by Explorers(m): 9:20pm On Apr 11, 2021
The horses were carried on the simulated evacuation as part of a trial project carried out by the Vetsuisse faculty of veterinary medicine.

Horse was pictured being prepared for its flight by army vets with a blindfold, harness, head collar, and lead rope

Staff were pictured in their own protective gear, including high-vis jackets and helmets, and noise cancelling headphones, before the experiment.

Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by Explorers(m): 9:23pm On Apr 11, 2021
A second helicopter that was not carrying animals was seen shadowing the Super Puma during at least one of the test flights.

n a second experiment, the Swiss Air Force practiced hoisting three horses together from the Super Puma helicopter.

Onlookers in the town of Saignelegier, in the Swiss canton of Jura, watched as the unusual experiment took place

Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by thorpido(m): 9:23pm On Apr 11, 2021
The horse sef go dey dizzy with the wind.

2 Likes

Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by Etfash(m): 9:24pm On Apr 11, 2021
Wow!
Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by Explorers(m): 9:25pm On Apr 11, 2021
The goal of the exercise is to provide transport and rapid evacuation of injured horses and other animals to a veterinary medical facility by air.

Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by iamyemiakins(m): 9:27pm On Apr 11, 2021
That President that embarked on medical tourism in another man's country should've been airlifted like this.

5 Likes

Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by Explorers(m): 9:30pm On Apr 11, 2021
In 2020, an injured cow was flown by helicopter in Switzerland on during what is known as the "Bodenfahrt", with farmers moving over 1,000 cattle from the higher pastures from the Klausen Pass back to the lower Alps near Urnerboden.

Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by HONESTFACT101(m): 9:32pm On Apr 11, 2021

The way the pink men find a way to tackle difficulties make me to disrespect africans

2 Likes

Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by GOFRONT(m): 9:42pm On Apr 11, 2021
And in zoogeria, they cant even use helicopter to reacue kidnapped victims

1 Like

Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by TheGiftedOne(m): 9:43pm On Apr 11, 2021
Animals in some country are enjoying a far better social welfare than Nigerians.

The guy below me is already in tune with me on this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by starbuck(f): 9:44pm On Apr 11, 2021
Explorers, you are just making me regret being a Nigerian day after day cry cry

Which kind life be this na

1 Like

Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by amrichy(m): 9:53pm On Apr 11, 2021
Very nice
Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by amrichy(m): 10:02pm On Apr 11, 2021
starbuck:
Explorers, you are just making me regret being a Nigerian day after day cry cry

Which kind life be this na
instead of regretting or complaining, you can try to contribute your quota to make nigeria better. Remember, it took the effort of some people to make those countries you're eyeing to become what they are today: they haven't always been like that. Nigeria too can be great with you and I!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by Tapout(m): 10:13pm On Apr 11, 2021
the airborne cows be like "What the moo is going on here??

Meanwhile someone should tell those guys riding horses around VI that they are torturing those horses. None, I mean not a single one is equipped with a horseshoe. Most of them already have worn out hooves and those guys keep riding them like that feeling themselves. I don't see the donkeys anymore, I wonder what happened to them.

2 Likes

Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by dynicks(m): 10:25pm On Apr 11, 2021
Even animals enjoy better welfare over there than here in Nigeria.....

Over here , the only thing our leaders know how to airlift are stolen properties and different currency notes right directly into their bank accounts!!.....NDI OSHI!!

Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by Xionez(m): 10:35pm On Apr 11, 2021
Juz look at!
Preparing for possible eventualities.
The only eventuality the government prepares for rigorously well is when they prepare the National Budget or when it comes to budget allocation.
If billions no flow from here, it must flow from another entry.
If a puppet company doesn't win a contract, another puppet company will win the same contract.
It goes on and on.

Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by illicit(m): 10:47pm On Apr 11, 2021
Can u imagine
Horse o
Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by lilvicky68(m): 10:50pm On Apr 11, 2021
We never airlift humans for niger..na wounded animals wey suppose enter pot sharp sharp..
Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by tiamiyukunle69(m): 11:54pm On Apr 11, 2021
Imagine this happening in Naija grin
Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by tillaman(m): 3:58am On Apr 12, 2021
cool
Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by cassidy1996(m): 5:07am On Apr 12, 2021
i know say na Explorers. kudos
Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by Mindlog: 5:12am On Apr 12, 2021
They have mastered evacuation of humans now experimenting how to evacuate sick animals....we are so far behind!
Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by franchasng: 5:43am On Apr 12, 2021
Look at working nations learning how to save animals while Nigeria cannot even save humans, instead Nigerian Airforce are busy learning how to bomb civilians because few military guys got killed by unknown gunmen in a community.

Nigeria must divide, my generation cannot continue like this. They deserve a far better nation as their father's fatherland angry
Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by suxes2005(m): 7:17am On Apr 12, 2021
Horses ooo

Not humans oo?

Okay na
Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by LMS1(m): 9:04am On Apr 12, 2021
Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 12, 2021
Black man is cursed
Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by rottenPussy: 10:26am On Apr 12, 2021
Ordinary skydiving, I never see am go for my country, and animal dey skydive for Oyinbo land lipsrsealed
Re: Horses Airlifted By Swiss Military To Test Evacuation Of Injured Animals(Pics) by Nmezor(f): 7:26am On Apr 13, 2021
How interesting

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Airlines Eye Nigeria For Survival / 805 Kent Rd London / Any Nigerian In Brazil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.