Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

How Can A Nigerian Business Startup Raise An Initial Capital? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can A Nigerian Business Startup Raise An Initial Capital? (13153 Views)

Shoprite Sells Nigerian Business To Property Company / EXCLUSIVE: How I Made N153,000 Online In One Week With N7,000 Initial Capital / Drop Shipping/mini Importation Step By Step Tutorial With No Initial Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can A Nigerian Business Startup Raise An Initial Capital? by Brunosamel(m): 9:50am On Apr 27, 2021
waze63:

I'm interested in this.. Can pls write me on whatsapp 09075038283
07026911569 chat me up on whatsap
Re: How Can A Nigerian Business Startup Raise An Initial Capital? by slydog(m): 10:01am On Apr 27, 2021
ameh99:

Banks in Nigeria don't give you startup capital bro..

Stop making it look good

Ready all my comments here, I stated it clearly, banks don't give money for start up. If you were the bank too, you won't gamble depositors funds to a man just starting business and who doesn't know the intricacies of the business. I will prefer a tested and trusted hand who has whethered the storm of the business through it's up and downs and still standing, such a person understands what loan is.

This gap can only be filled by the govt, angel investors, yours savings, FaFs, and crowd funding. Have no time to sweet talk anyone more less a bank.
Re: How Can A Nigerian Business Startup Raise An Initial Capital? by Aquilazng(m): 10:21am On Apr 27, 2021
Jonwesley:
Emerging technology sectors such as Fintech, Agritech, and Digital Health are solving some of Africa’s most pressing problems and contributing significantly to the continent’s economy. In fact, the Internet economy is set to reach 5.2% of gross domestic product by 2025, contributing about $180 billion to the African economy.

€650,000 Africa Startup Initiative
The Africa Startup Initiative Program is looking for the next generation of African startups with a mobile technology focus disrupting the FinTech, AgriTech, Internet of Things, and Digital Health industry sectors.

The 10 startups in the program will receive EUR 15,000 in cash and in-kind benefits valued at more than EUR 500,000, including credits from AWS, Google Cloud Services, Hubspot and many more.

The three-month Program will conclude with a digital Demo Day during which startups will present their newly scaled up solutions to hundreds of investors, corporates, mentors and press attendees.

Apply Now! Deadline is May 14, 2021

More Startup Funding Opportunities
Please RSVP Now to learn how you can access funding from USAID, CDC, the Gates Foundation, and other formal program donors, at the Global Digital Development Forum on May 5.
How can a manufacturing startup get seed capital? I need urgent help in this regard pls guys. My model is in stages, starting with a recycling plant while I buy back the recycled materials from people that brought them for my production. I have a technological bullet proof strategy to sourcing for my targeted spec of waste materials to be recycled.
Re: How Can A Nigerian Business Startup Raise An Initial Capital? by InvertedHammer: 11:21am On Apr 27, 2021
LivingADream:
I have a question for nairalanders.

How can a Nigerian business startup who doesn't have financially strong friends and family to turn to, raise fund for a business idea?

I have been struggling to raise some money to invest in a business idea without any success yet.

Thank you for your honest and helpful answers.

PS;

No substantial savings and no collaterals.
/
Sell your papa land unless...

If you are a lady, you know what to do. Every "successful" female entrepreneur in Nigeria has a sugar daddy balancing her account. To her mates and peers, she is an amazon but to her clients, she is a paid-to-play hustler. The only innocent ones that the ones who learned the act of flying below the radar. I make no exceptions to this statement. Quote me any day.

/

1 Like

Re: How Can A Nigerian Business Startup Raise An Initial Capital? by Obierika(m): 11:36am On Apr 27, 2021
tutudesz:
Forget Nigeria Banks O!! Once requested for a loan of N10 million to upgrade my business to stage 2, only for the loan officer to request for collateral worth N100 million shocked
Look for investors online, but sign agreement 1st before discussing your ideas with anyone.

There is a strong reason why banks in Nigeria request collateral before giving loans, Nigerians are very dishonest. angry

I challenge you to loan the money to LivingADream, if he pays back the loan together with the interest as at when due come back here and quote me and I will give you #40K to buy recharge cards for your phone!
Re: How Can A Nigerian Business Startup Raise An Initial Capital? by tutudesz: 1:05pm On Apr 27, 2021
Obierika:

There is a strong reason why banks in Nigeria request collateral before giving loans, Nigerians are very dishonest. angry

I challenge you to loan the money to LivingADream, if he pays back the loan together with the interest as at when due come back here and quote me and I will give you #40K to buy recharge cards for your phone!
With some many loan stories flying round nairaland grin
Re: How Can A Nigerian Business Startup Raise An Initial Capital? by NairalandAngel(m): 2:22pm On Apr 27, 2021
slydog:

Ready all my comments here, I stated it clearly, banks don't give money for start up. If you were the bank too, you won't gamble depositors funds to a man just starting business and who doesn't know the intricacies of the business. I will prefer a tested and trusted hand who has whethered the storm of the business through it's up and downs and still standing, such a person understands what loan is.

This gap can only be filled by the govt, angel investors, yours savings, FaFs, and crowd funding. Have no time to sweet talk anyone more less a bank.

Billyonaire666:
As a Start-Up, I believe you are not yet de-risked so you need your Seed Funding from Venture Capitalists of Angel Investors nature, alternatively, you can register with any Business Incubator or Accelerators to navigate your growth curves and get your prototypes perfected for Second round of capitalization for productions and probably tertiary round in order to scale your solution(s) or products. All depends on how far your investors want to go with you, I prefer you dive with the dolphins instead of swimming with the sharks.

Savvy?

Trust me guys, most of these people making noise here about running start-up businesses have absolutely no clue what managing a business entails.

How can you claim you want to set up a business yet you're afraid to invest your own money in the business...you only prefer risking the investors money then at the first sign of difficulty you bail out.

Apart from the ones who have no clue we have the greedy ones who will want to cheat you out of your investment, then we have the downright scam artists who will convince you to invest then disappear into thin air!

I'm talking based on my personal experience and I can tell you guys that releasing your money to a so called start-up in Nigeria or any business for that matter under the guise of private equity fund is a very big mistake.

Before you release your money to anyone first make sure you have good collateral, if you neglect this advise you will have yourself to blame!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can A Nigerian Business Startup Raise An Initial Capital? by litaninja(m): 3:26pm On Apr 27, 2021
Leave Nigeria.
Re: How Can A Nigerian Business Startup Raise An Initial Capital? by winnah(f): 7:08pm On Apr 27, 2021
Wow!!! 2008 experience? Sir a lot has changed in banking.... Like I said, Banks no longer depends on collateral lending. They do cashflow lending.

Your other questions, BOI support only business with the capacity to solve problem of job creation. Not buying and selling business. I think you can only get funding in that category if your retail business will compete with the likes of ShopRite.

[Qquote author=tutudesz post=101148070]
My business was existing before the loan and i was planning to expand, they classified my business has high risk. Profit was bellow N5 million and the collateral should be worth N100 million.
This was 2008 and maybe due to my age than. Does BOI support bars [/quote]
Re: How Can A Nigerian Business Startup Raise An Initial Capital? by aquadude15: 8:41pm On Apr 28, 2021
sulexrio:
Pleas mail me and let me understand your start up! If is already in development, I can discuss further with you.
My DM isn't working sir.
Permit me to send you an email.
Can I have your email sir
Re: How Can A Nigerian Business Startup Raise An Initial Capital? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 29, 2021
DISCOVER HOW TO RAISE THE FUNDS NEEDED FOR YOUR BUSINESS AND IDEAS THE EASY WAY IN 2021: https://www.wealth-ideas.com/get-funded-in-2021/
Re: How Can A Nigerian Business Startup Raise An Initial Capital? by greatman247(m): 10:59am On May 09, 2021
Brunosamel:
I met some individuals who has zero knowledge about cryptocurrency of are familiar with the word BITCOIN, I started with my sister, introduced her to it and showed her some fact about profit in the long run, she agreed and gave 200k for a start, the next was my friend brother who own a pharmacy told him everything he needs to know about cryptocurrency and luckily for me, he best friend was there with him and the two gave me 250k combine, the last person that gave me was a customer in my brothers shop, gave me 70k I introduced it to him and boom... That how I started trading... I usually update all of them about there money and ensure them there money is safe and sound, last month I mada profit and gave them there percentage, current more people are interested in it...

If you don't have capital, OPM is a way to go, forget people telling you about crowdfunding, it will be harder to get one in Nigeria...

Wow, thanks a million. I appreciate you.
Re: How Can A Nigerian Business Startup Raise An Initial Capital? by Brunosamel(m): 8:57pm On May 09, 2021
greatman247:

Wow, thanks a million. I appreciate you.
you're welcome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mycopilot App Has Crossed 3000 Downloads Under Two Months! / Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today / Election Spending Fuels Cash Shortage In Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.