Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. (30434 Views)

Pete Edochie Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today (photos) / King Sunny Ade Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today / Idowu Phillips (Iya Rainbow) Celebrates Her 74th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by obaze21: 5:01am On Apr 14, 2021
naptu2:

Many websites have specific versions for specific regions and they tailor their content for that specific region.

This doodle appears on Google.com.ng, that is, Google Nigeria. There's also specific content that's tailor made for Spain on Google.es. How does that mean that they are fooling us??

Does the fact that we have BBC Pidgin or BBC Africa mean that the BBC is fooling us or does the fact that there's an MTV Europe mean that MTV is fooling Europeans?

I wonder.
Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by Nobody: 5:05am On Apr 14, 2021
naptu2:

Many websites have specific versions for specific regions and they tailor their content for that specific region.

This doodle appears on Google.com.ng, that is, Google Nigeria. There's also specific content that's tailor made for Spain on Google.es. How does that mean that they are fooling us??

Does the fact that we have BBC Pidgin or BBC Africa mean that the BBC is fooling us or does the fact that there's an MTV Europe mean that MTV is fooling Europeans?
We don't need their validation to accept that sir Oliver is a legend. Before Google we celebrated him our way. If they want to celebrate him let it be known worldwide. For one thing I was fooled until I saw a similar thread honouring someone only to open Google with my friends to see Abe Lincoln or one person like that. Due to where I was. It pained my soul. My own is if they want to honor anyone it should be worldwide. For others to know who the person is. For we know our heroes. And they don't.

But then again our arguments here will as usual have no effect on their decisions. Just an eye opener. Good morning

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by blowjob: 5:06am On Apr 14, 2021
DIS RITUALIST undecided
Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by Origin(f): 5:08am On Apr 14, 2021
Gifted hands .... Talent

Handsome men

We get them plenty for naija

80's and the evergreen music.
Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by Reference(m): 5:10am On Apr 14, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Sman anthem composer

Funfact. That doodle only shows in Africa...if possible Nigeria. I don't know about other countries but in Yankee E no dey show. Na another thing dey show. Google just dey make una happy . The day I knew this fact na that day I realise say them dey use us catch Cruise

And why will you want it shown in America, Australia or Brazil. If a Russian composer or a Japanese folk singer is shown here will that mean anything to you.

You folks are just too dull, just full of degenerative sentiment.

When we see South African adverts on DSTV it annoys us. You then want Nigerian adverts in America...?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by naptu2: 5:13am On Apr 14, 2021
MejiLoyon:

We don't need their validation to accept that sir Oliver is a legend. Before Google we celebrated him our way. If they want to celebrate him let it be known worldwide. For one thing I was fooled until I saw a similar thread honouring someone only to open Google with my friends to see Abe Lincoln or one person like that. Due to where I was. It pained my soul. My own is if they want to honor anyone it should be worldwide. For others to know who the person is. For we know our heroes. And they don't.

But then again our arguments here will as usual have no effect on their decisions. Just an eye opener. Good morning

Of course we don't need their validation, but that doesn't mean that they cannot celebrate him.

Think about this, you said that you saw a Google doole celebrating a Nigerian, then you opened Google and saw Abraham Lincoln. That means that the Abraham Lincoln doodle was also not shown worldwide because it was not shown here.

Google is a global company and some of their workers and customers are Nigerian and there's absolutely nothing wrong if they celebrate a Nigerian.

Many of their doodles are not global because tastes and interests differ. For example, you might not see a Google doodle celebrating Easter in Saudi Arabia or Israel. Events clash and while a doodle might be celebrating something in one part of the world, there might be another doodle celebrating something else in another part of the world. That's the way of the world.

Right now there might be a doodle in another country celebrating a music star from that country, but in Nigeria the doodle is celebrating Oliver De Coque.

That doesn't mean that they are trying to fool us.

I listened to shortwave radio in the 1980s and I discovered that what was being broadcast on BBC Americas was different from what was on BBC South Asia and that was different from what was on BBC Africa and so on and so forth.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by iboboyswag(m): 5:15am On Apr 14, 2021
Mmili malu Ugo asago Ugo alu...
Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by Burgerlomo: 5:15am On Apr 14, 2021
Rest on Legend
Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by Chanchit: 5:20am On Apr 14, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Sman anthem composer

Funfact. That doodle only shows in Africa...if possible Nigeria. I don't know about other countries but in Yankee E no dey show. Na another thing dey show. Google just dey make una happy . The day I knew this fact na that day I realise say them dey use us catch Cruise

Let's appreciate them showing us in Nigeria, did Federal or his state government wish him happy posthumous birthday? I didn't even see it on any TV station sef.
Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by stayclearofme: 5:23am On Apr 14, 2021
See better musician.. nor be all these yeye musician of now a days jumping up and down with handkerchief on stage ordinary cymbals they cannot beat. RIP Oliver you too much.
Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by 2shaw: 5:25am On Apr 14, 2021
One nollywood actor resemble am,just that day one short and na always bloody money rituals movie he dey act. Same beard,same face but hez shorter.i don forget him name. Na all those chiwetalu agu mate dem.
Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by stayclearofme: 5:27am On Apr 14, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Sman anthem composer

Na wah o some Nigerian sha. If it only shows in Africa and so what? After all the man was recognized. I doubt if your own doodle will even go beyond your village.

2 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by Karlosorji(m): 5:27am On Apr 14, 2021
kingsleefolli:
Google dey fool us.only naija google oooo.use better VPN.you won't see anything.see proof here.this oyinbo know what we want.tweeter coming to africa to do what,to fool us.let wise up.next abeg.no data to check rubbish.
Before na American google go display the news? Abeg try to celebrate your own. RIP Legend

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by stayclearofme: 5:28am On Apr 14, 2021
Chanchit:

Let's appreciate them showing us in Nigeria, did Federal or his state government wish him happy posthumous birthday? I didn't even see it on any TV station sef.
You dey mind that guy.
Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by Nobody: 5:31am On Apr 14, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Sman anthem composer

PLEASE appreciate the WHITE MAN.
We produce and contribute NOTHING.
I guess that OLIVER DE COQUE dp is either a Nigerian thing or a Pan-African stuff?
This is the GOOGLE dp here in the United States...

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by thekingofafrica: 5:32am On Apr 14, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Sman anthem composer

Ode how you want make him show for Yankee google, do they know who he is? Google isn’t catching cruise, they are showing him to people who appreciate him, it’s like google putting malcom x on Nigerian google, how many Nigerians can relate with him.

3 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by Koralords: 5:33am On Apr 14, 2021
Despite not knowing the meaning of the word in songs,still love his songs especially that osondi owendu
Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by stayclearofme: 5:34am On Apr 14, 2021
kingsleefolli:
Google dey fool us.only naija google oooo.use better VPN.you won't see anything.see proof here.this oyinbo know what we want.tweeter coming to africa to do what,to fool us.let wise up.next abeg.no data to check rubbish.
What is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by Alejoas(m): 5:37am On Apr 14, 2021
grin
Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by Nobody: 5:37am On Apr 14, 2021
Reference:

And why will you want it shown in America, Australia or Brazil. If a Russian composer or a Japanese folk singer is shown here will that mean anything to you.

You folks are just too dull, just full of degenerative sentiment.

When we see South African adverts on DSTV it annoys us. You then want Nigerian adverts in America...?
Thank you for acknowledging my " dullness". In that light O ye smart one ,kindly tell me what the image below was doing on all doodles around the world and why it was used. And the significance of each components of that doodle to different cultures. Be sincere and do it without using Google and maybe you'll answer the question you asked by yourself. Stay smart

Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by Tapout(m): 5:37am On Apr 14, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Sman anthem composer

Most likely just Nigeria. infact, its possible to make it available to only those in the eastern region currently.

@naptu2, most people don't know how the internet/routing & switching works, so pardon their ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by Duplexxx: 5:39am On Apr 14, 2021
Great man in music industry

Rip
Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by 1Alex: 5:40am On Apr 14, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Sman anthem composer

every of such item has a target audience. This in particular here will be of no use to other people who don't know the musician. CNN adverts don't show worldwide, it's only for a target public.
Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by 99thEnemy(m): 5:49am On Apr 14, 2021
Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by pointstores(m): 5:49am On Apr 14, 2021
Good one
Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by hoyze24: 5:51am On Apr 14, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Sman anthem composer

We know this. Google is more than the search, they promote cultural heritage too.
Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by Eastlink(m): 5:58am On Apr 14, 2021
Happy Birthday Oliver. RIP
Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by thomasjoe(m): 6:01am On Apr 14, 2021
naptu2:

Of course we don't need their validation, but that doesn't mean that they cannot celebrate him.

Think about this, you said that you saw a Google doole celebrating a Nigerian, then you opened Google and saw Abraham Lincoln. That means that the Abraham Lincoln doodle was also not shown worldwide because it was not shown here.

Google is a global company and some of their workers and customers are Nigerian and there's absolutely nothing wrong if they celebrate a Nigerian.

Many of their doodles are not global because tastes and interests differ. For example, you might not see a Google doodle celebrating Easter in Saudi Arabia or Israel. Events clash and while a doodle might be celebrating something in one part of the world, there might be another doodle celebrating something else in another part of the world. That's the way of the world.

Right now there might be a doodle in another country celebrating a music star from that country, but in Nigeria the doodle is celebrating Oliver De Coque.

That doesn't mean that they are trying to fool us.

I listened to shortwave radio in the 1980s and I discovered that what was being broadcast on BBC Americas was different from what was on BBC South Asia and that was different from what was on BBC Africa and so on and so forth.

So much maturity , insights and intelligence..
Thanks for sharing such beautiful ideals ...
Let's let love lead...
Re: Google Celebrates Oliver De Coque On His 74th Posthumous Birthday. by illitracy: 6:04am On Apr 14, 2021
This palmwine music man

The only thing he sings is chairman, amako investment limited
the director, ezeife clothing grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Most Women Can't Squirt But I Can"- Bobrisky Claims / Osas Ighodaro Ditches Her Wedding Ring / Kcee To Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike - "May God Bless You Both"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.