Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,329 members, 7,954,335 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:54 PM

Why $30m Didn't Protect Nigerian Pupils After Chibok - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why $30m Didn't Protect Nigerian Pupils After Chibok (8476 Views)

11 High-Profile Abductions Of Schoolchildren After Chibok Tragedy / Eight Years After, Chibok Still Unsafe - Punch Editorial / Obi Questioned On Why He Invested $30m State Funds In Company Where His Family.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why $30m Didn't Protect Nigerian Pupils After Chibok by Resurgent2016: 7:40am On Apr 14, 2021
post=100778126:

Our prayers are still with those girls.
Madam Iweala , please don't forget them.
Keep tweeting and keeping everyone at their toes, the way you have been doing since 2014.

If it was how PDP looted money you would have happily masturbated to it.

..but alas,, it is about how your darling daddy thew $30M down without improving things, you went to mention Iweala that was vilified by this same government.

You are a hypocrite and a very shameless fellow

1 Like

Re: Why $30m Didn't Protect Nigerian Pupils After Chibok by southernbelle(f): 7:59am On Apr 14, 2021
Sad.
Re: Why $30m Didn't Protect Nigerian Pupils After Chibok by Resurgent2016: 8:08am On Apr 14, 2021
post=100778126:

Keep tweeting and keeping everyone at their toes, the way you have been doing since 2014.

{" The SSI largely collapsed in 2016, one year after a change of government in Nigeria . Goodluck Jonathan, under whose watch the girls were kidnapped and the SSI launched, lost the presidency in a general election to current President Muhammadu Buhari. UN agencies and international donors said infrequent meetings and a change of policy by Mr Buhari hampered the activities of the initiative and led to their exit.

In its report, the British foreign office blamed the Buhari government for delays in implementing the SSI, with decisions being postponed because of infrequent steering committee meetings. Concerns were also raised about Nigeria's handling of the fund and a UK policy that no aid money should go directly to the government of Nigeria was strictly enforced."}

I am not surprised the lifeless one also bungled this one (he is largely good at nothing), neither am I surprised zombies pretended not to see it and instead reference irrelevancies in the article.

The likes of helinues, bawaa and livebyday, madridguy will completely avoid the thread grin. Defending the lifeless one is no easy task
Re: Why $30m Didn't Protect Nigerian Pupils After Chibok by naturefellow(m): 8:08am On Apr 14, 2021
post=100778126:

Keep supporting incompetence, clulessness and impunity

You missed that!

"Keep tweeting?" You're on twitter? I can't imagine what your personality on there would be like. Maybe just like a crab, inconsistent, or a sea weed, tidal and lacking depth.
Re: Why $30m Didn't Protect Nigerian Pupils After Chibok by Oshiogwemoh(m): 9:10am On Apr 14, 2021
yinchar:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-56732909
An average Hausa Fulani is by default currupt. Nigeria will never move forward with this people controling every sector of our economy. dangote would never hav gotten to where he is today if his people were the ones in leadership positions in his company.
Re: Why $30m Didn't Protect Nigerian Pupils After Chibok by IdowuRufai: 9:12am On Apr 14, 2021
TGM2015:
Check well, and get the summary.

The real reason was that the initial $30m channelled through Nigeria military under Jonathan can not be accounted for. Unfortunately, the question to how the money was being spent came up under Buhari who has no record of how the money was spent.

The UK policy of no aid money should go to Nigeria government directly was made during Jonathan government. As it is now, it is only when Nigeria government is able to account for the initial aid of $30m given under Jonathan that Nigeria can get further aid and expertise services from UK to protect the schools.

This is the reason why this country is going down daily. You read an article and coined it to suit your narrative. Did you read were the Buhari Government was frustrating the effort by infrequent steering committees. Did you also read part of the article that said that the initial structures which were temporal was the only success recorded, obviously that’s under Jonathan and partly Buhari’s first term. Buhari doesn’t value education and he has consistently shown it. What happened to the Almajiri schools built under Jonathan. Unfortunately, the heat is in the north now, they are not skillful, largely not productive. The result is Banditory, kidnappings, and Boko Haram you’re seeing and it’s just getting started unless there’s a drastic change to educate the teeming young people over there.

Let’s always be objective in our reportage.

1 Like

Re: Why $30m Didn't Protect Nigerian Pupils After Chibok by TGM2015: 9:34am On Apr 14, 2021
IdowuRufai:

This is the reason why this country is going down daily. You read an article and coined it to suit your narrative. Did you read were the Buhari Government was frustrating the effort by infrequent steering committees. Did you also read part of the article that said that the initial structures which were temporal was the only success recorded, obviously that’s under Jonathan and partly Buhari’s first term. Buhari doesn’t value education and he has consistently shown it. What happened to the Almajiri schools built under Jonathan. Unfortunately, the heat is in the north now, they are not skillful, largely not productive. The result is Banditory, kidnappings, and Boko Haram you’re seeing and it’s just getting started unless there’s a drastic change to educate the teeming young people over there.

Let’s always be objective in our reportage.

You are concerned about what causes delays but I highlighted what causes a stop. You see you are the one that is not objective here. The delay tactics is not unexpected considering the antecedents of previous government. On a normal situation, when one takes over leadership of an institution in which he or she has not been a stakeholder, it is expected that things of such we drag a little bit, but not necessarily dragging for longer periods. I am not sure the report is specific about it, but it implies the delay was less than a year. Buhari dragged appointment of Minister for longer than necessary of which we later learnt was because of internal politics of APC and NASS leadership saga. The slow implementation of policy and response to national issues coupled is lack of good communication/public orientation of government activities and actions are one of the bad sides of Buhari administration.

Buhari caused the delay but assuming he man up such that the steering committee were effective and meet regularly, will UK still give further aids and support if the Nigerian government was unable to accounts for the initial $30m aids?

Now read the extract below and tell me the final blow that put a stop to further aids.

In its report, the British foreign office blamed the Buhari government for delays in implementing the SSI, with decisions being postponed because of infrequent steering committee meetings. Concerns were also raised about Nigeria's handling of the fund and a UK policy that no aid money should go directly to the government of Nigeria was strictly enforced.

The Nigerian presidency did not respond to questions about these concerns and the finance ministry that managed the SSI fund, did not provide details of contributions received and how they were spent.
Re: Why $30m Didn't Protect Nigerian Pupils After Chibok by IdowuRufai: 10:21am On Apr 14, 2021
TGM2015:

You are concerned about what causes delays but I highlighted what causes a stop. You see you are the one that is not objective here. The delay tactics is not unexpected considering the antecedents of previous government. On a normal situation, when one takes over leadership of an institution in which he or she has not been a stakeholder, it is expected that things of such we drag a little bit, but not necessarily dragging for longer periods. I am not sure the report is specific about it, but it implies the delay was less than a year. Buhari dragged appointment of Minister for longer than necessary of which we later learnt was because of internal politics of APC and NASS leadership saga. The slow implementation of policy and response to national issues coupled is lack of good communication/public orientation of government activities and actions are one of the bad sides of Buhari administration.

Buhari caused the delay but assuming he man up such that the steering committee were effective and meet regularly, will UK still give further aids and support if the Nigerian government was unable to accounts for the initial $30m aids?

Now read the extract below and tell me the final blow that put a stop to further aids.

You can’t be more Catholic than the Pope, when the Former Prime Minister was asked he didn’t give an answer, no revelation on who misappropriated funds. The article wasn’t suggestive on who misappropriated funds but you know better and formed an opinion.

Focus on what was revealed, if you’re an insider I will listen to you but obviously you’re twisting the narrative again.

One of the things that will help us in this country is to stop defending incompetence, from your aforementioned your clearly stated the inadequacies of the current president and you’re also suggestive why the scheme failed. It stairs you in the face. Note that this is not to hold brief for Jonathan as well.
Re: Why $30m Didn't Protect Nigerian Pupils After Chibok by TGM2015: 11:22am On Apr 14, 2021
IdowuRufai:

You can’t be more Catholic than the Pope, when the Former Prime Minister was asked he didn’t give an answer, no revelation on who misappropriated funds. The article wasn’t suggestive on who misappropriated funds but you know better and formed an opinion.

Focus on what was revealed, if you’re an insider I will listen to you but obviously you’re twisting the narrative again.

One of the things that will help us in this country is to stop defending incompetence, from your aforementioned your clearly stated the inadequacies of the current president and you’re also suggestive why the scheme failed. It stairs you in the face. Note that this is not to hold brief for Jonathan as well.

It is a good thing you are not disputing that the project was stop because of accountability. Your issue is now whose government was responsible for accountability, that is, the government that receives the aids.

You believe by international ethics and diplomacy the Prime Minister will open his mouth to mention names when he is not mandated by court of law? As for your last sentence in the first paragraph and your second paragraph, it shows that you lack logical reasoning and have a great comprehension problem. The subject and exams you took in each class of your primary and secondary schools. There is a reason why comprehensive is a common and compulsory question in all examination that is testing for understanding of English language.

Let start from your last paragraph. Where in all my post on this subject matter did I defend anyone. The first post states fact, the second answer your question and gives you a scenario of expected normal for new leadership. At bold, my posts highlighted the current government inadequate and clear that it wasn't te inadequacy that stop the aids. The aids failed because there was no accountability.

My post stated that in non-accountability as it relates to this subject matter was under Jonathan administration. You then came up with your first and second paragraph suggesting that I made it up by attributing to Jonathan.

Now, take your time and read it news again. Your answered is in the first section. Did you believe if the aids ($30m) has not been paid, there would have been laying of foundations for the projects? Did your think UK will come to Nigeria to kick start a project that initial starting fund has not been released? From the news, it was stated that "the UK's former Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, spearheaded the $30m (about £22m) Safe Schools Initiative (SSI) - along with UN agencies". Are you telling me UK Prime Minister is spearheading fund that has not been released?

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Nigeria's finance minister at the time and now head of the World Trade Organization, was received by a waiting crowd of community leaders and parents whose daughters had been kidnapped. She was in Chibok to lay the first bricks in a project to rehabilitate the Government Secondary School that had been destroyed by Boko Haram militants on that infamous night of 14 April 2014.

There was a short speech, then trowel in hand she scooped mortar from a pan held mid-air by two assistants and joined two bricks at a 90-degree angle. With the job done there were a couple of handshakes and pictures, then she was gone in another haze of dust.

Mrs Okonjo-Iweala's presence there was part of an international response following the mass abduction of 276 girls by Islamist militants in Chibok in 2014. World opinion was galvanised under the hashtag #BringBackOurGirls - and the UK's former Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, spearheaded the $30m (about £22m) Safe Schools Initiative (SSI) - along with UN agencies, the Nigerian government and private business leaders. Five-hundred schools would be protected: there would be new classrooms; there would be fences; there would be armed guards.
Re: Why $30m Didn't Protect Nigerian Pupils After Chibok by WorkDesQ: 12:07pm On Apr 14, 2021
Seven content writers are needed to join a highly productive content writing team.

You will be paid One Million Naira

If you like to write articles and get paid for writing then this team/project is for you.

This opportunity is open to both experienced and new content writers.

Project Details : Content Writing For New and Experienced Content Writers

To signify your interest, send a message to

0 8 0 8 6 3 7 3 0 1 2
Re: Why $30m Didn't Protect Nigerian Pupils After Chibok by IdowuRufai: 4:51pm On Apr 14, 2021
TGM2015:

It is a good thing you are not disputing that the project was stop because of accountability. Your issue is now whose government was responsible for accountability, that is, the government that receives the aids.

You believe by international ethics and diplomacy the Prime Minister will open his mouth to mention names when he is not mandated by court of law? As for your last sentence in the first paragraph and your second paragraph, it shows that you lack logical reasoning and have a great comprehension problem. The subject and exams you took in each class of your primary and secondary schools. There is a reason why comprehensive is a common and compulsory question in all examination that is testing for understanding of English language.

Let start from your last paragraph. Where in all my post on this subject matter did I defend anyone. The first post states fact, the second answer your question and gives you a scenario of expected normal for new leadership. At bold, my posts highlighted the current government inadequate and clear that it wasn't te inadequacy that stop the aids. The aids failed because there was no accountability.

My post stated that in non-accountability as it relates to this subject matter was under Jonathan administration. You then came up with your first and second paragraph suggesting that I made it up by attributing to Jonathan.

Now, take your time and read it news again. Your answered is in the first section. Did you believe if the aids ($30m) has not been paid, there would have been laying of foundations for the projects? Did your think UK will come to Nigeria to kick start a project that initial starting fund has not been released? From the news, it was stated that "the UK's former Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, spearheaded the $30m (about £22m) Safe Schools Initiative (SSI) - along with UN agencies". Are you telling me UK Prime Minister is spearheading fund that has not been released?

I would have engaged you more productively on this but sorry I don’t do insults. Always learn to present your opinion devoid of insults, put your emotions in check and scrutinize your words before you send your replies. Let your intelligence rule, your prowess should be perceived in your objective ability to engage, at the end of the day if you have a superior opinion, it’s no crime. It’s puerile to always resort to insults when you feel your perceived stance is not being taken positively.

I will recommend you take a look at threads on Reddit, you will enjoy the convo there and learn, mature response filled with facts and fun but no insults mostly.

Be good my friend!
Re: Why $30m Didn't Protect Nigerian Pupils After Chibok by TGM2015: 5:04pm On Apr 14, 2021
IdowuRufai:

I would have engaged you more productively on this but sorry I don’t do insults. Always learn to present your opinion devoid of insults, put your emotions in check and scrutinize your words before you send your replies. Let your intelligence rule, your prowess should be perceived in your objective ability to engage, at the end of the day if you have a superior opinion, it’s no crime. It’s puerile to always result to insults when you feel your perceived stance is not being taken positively.

I will recommend you take a look at threads on Reddit, you will enjoy the convo there and learn, mature response filled with facts and fun but no insults mostly.

Be good my friend!

You will surely knows the difference between an insult and pointing out a weakness when you learn to comprehend and understand.

Anyway, I only thread the path you thread in the quote I replied to, check it out yourself especially the first paragraph. Thank you.

IdowuRufai:

Re: Why $30m Didn't Protect Nigerian Pupils After Chibok by bilulu(m): 8:33pm On Apr 14, 2021
post=100778626:

We have said it time without numbers on this forum that our posts is only for reasonable and wise people.
Stop disturbing your head trying to twist our post upside down okay?
Leave our comments for intellectuals.
Fortunately for us, we won't be able to help you out.
Live with it wailer. tongue
as if say u wise....

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Jonathan's Speech At The 66th Un General Assembly / Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang / Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.