Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Manage High Blood Pressure... - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Manage High Blood Pressure... (3667 Views)

How To Manage High Blood Pressure And Its Effect / 8 Surprising Ways To Manage High Blood Sugar Level Naturally / 6 Changes You Can Make To Prevent And Manage High Blood Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manage High Blood Pressure... by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 25, 2021
My Blood pressure reading today

Systolic: 99mmHg
Diastolic: 60mmHg
Pulse rate: 68

Is this low? Though I live a healthy lifestyle.
Re: Manage High Blood Pressure... by Rhyah(f): 12:15pm On Sep 25, 2021
Ninejaywon:
My Blood pressure reading today

Systolic: 99mmHg
Diastolic: 60mmHg
Pulse rate: 68

Is this low? Though I live a healthy lifestyle.

Going by the charts, it's just fine.
I get to experience the 'low' diastolic pressure myself sometimes but I watch it with subsequent measurements to make sure it's not consistently low or goes extremely out of range.

1 Like

Re: Manage High Blood Pressure... by Rhyah(f): 8:56am On Sep 26, 2021
31 days of Blood Pressure Check

To help with regular blood pressure (BP) monitoring, I came up with this 31-day blood pressure check and it is open to everyone. Join in...!

Starting on the 1st October 2021 to 31st October 2021, I have decided to check my BP daily.
Click https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cs5uNYv3PUBh1LIEK135Brw4JRq3StSb?usp=sharing to access the blood pressure record sheet. Print the chart and record your BP every day.

You can also use the Omron Connect app or Samsung Health app if you have a BP monitor with Bluetooth connectivity or any other digital health app that suits you best.

Benefits:
* Monitor your BP daily.
* Remain conscious of your health.
* Develop the habit and discipline of measuring your BP frequently.

Come on... Let's do this...!!!

Re: Manage High Blood Pressure... by Rhyah(f): 11:20am On Sep 29, 2021
Today, 29th September, is WORLD HEART DAY

What are you doing to take care of your heart?

Re: Manage High Blood Pressure... by Rhyah(f): 11:26am On Sep 29, 2021
#knowyournumbers

Learn your personal health numbers:

Know your Blood Pressure,
Know your Cholesterol levels,
Know your Blood Sugar, and
Know your Body Mass Index (BMI)

Your heart depends on it!
Be intentional about your health...
Re: Manage High Blood Pressure... by Rhyah(f): 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2021
Started the 31days journey today grin
You can join in...

Re: Manage High Blood Pressure... by Rhyah(f): 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2021
Pheeewwww....
Would have done this since Day 7 but kept pushing it forward and now it's Day 19 of our 31 days of BP check.
So far so good...it's been fine but not without challenges.
It is recommended that you take your BP measurements roughly at the same time everyday. I tried to but couldn't because I run a shift job worst of, I got this irregular sleep times. So I may not always be awake at the same time everyday.
And then, there are periods of the day when I'm away and occupied and then I miss. Coupled with days I've had to quickly rush out and then come in and sleep off grin
So far, I'm building the habit of regular checks at least.
How about you?

Re: Manage High Blood Pressure... by Rhyah(f): 12:58am On Nov 04, 2021
31 days ended well

Lessons:
* I need to be more disciplined
* Try to take measurements at similar times of the day everyday

Still got pressure monitors in stock.
Will be restocking soon. Targeting to have a mix of brand new ones for those who may not like fairly used ones.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Swollen Hand: What's The Cause / British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. / The Pros & Cons Of Orthodox Vs Herbal Treatments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.