Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,212 members, 7,818,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Hon. Abayomi Sheba Esq Says Vote Buying, Virus Affecting Nigeria Development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hon. Abayomi Sheba Esq Says Vote Buying, Virus Affecting Nigeria Development (129 Views)

God Says Vote Muslim Muslim Ticket, Rccg, Dlcf, Mfm, Southwest Pastors / Hon. Abayomi Sheba Esq Urges Nigerian Citizens Involvement In Politics. / Western Nigeria Development And News Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hon. Abayomi Sheba Esq Says Vote Buying, Virus Affecting Nigeria Development by Prinbabie(f): 6:00am On Apr 14, 2021
HON. ABAYOMI SHEBA ESQ SAYS VOTE BUYING, VIRUS AFFECTING NIGERIA DEVELOPMENT.

By PRINCESS EIGBOKHAN ORIH.

Hope they say is a vital component of a leaders life. The leaders hope surrounds the belief that his or her goal will be attained. The ability to instill hope is a necessary leadership trait. However one of the most important things a leader must do is to provide clarity of direction

Recently Nigeria has been in the news everyday for different reasons. Some people are calling for restructuring while others are calling for total separation. This is happening because the privileges of democracy as citizens of Nigeria have not trickled down to the grassroots. It is not because the government is not working or is ineffective, it is because there is a disconnect between those representing the people and the people they represent. This is the bitter truth.

It is said that all politics are local; so the citizens at the grassroots are first closer to their councilor, local government chairman, house of assembly members, house of representative members, senators, State Governor, before the President. Once every leader from the local government, state and national levels provide clarity of direction, appropriate leadership with attainable goals then the beauty of democracy will be felt by the people at the grassroots.

I Hon. Abayomi Sheba, I will not deceive you; the president will not know about the bad roads to my village if those leaders representing me either at the local government, state or national levels didn't raise the needs for my constituency. So how will there be development in my constituency? If I am representing my people at the state or at the federal level and I do not represent them well through the presentation and supporting the passage of bills and government policies that can give power to the citizens or bring sensitive matters affecting my constituency to the floor of the house how will the state Government or the Presidency know our pain.

Hon. Abayomi Sheba made this known while speaking to Eagle Hedge News on the need for citizens to elect credible people with a history of empathy, honesty, integrity, transparency, philanthropic nature and knowledgeable about the needs and the concerns of their people.

Hon. Abayomi Sheba frowns at the new political virus eating hard on our free and fair election. He said vote buying is a bad virus that should not be encouraged by the citizens who wants development, accountability and transparency from those they vote into position of power where their future will be determined for a period of four years.

According to him, “when I was representing the okitipupa/irele federal constituency, I used my position as a member representing my people to let the federal government know that there was an urgent need for a federal road in my constituency (that is the Olowo/irele/ajagba/agadagba road awarded in 2001 and completed in 2002). Now that road has an added advantage to the economy value in my constituency. But before then that road was a death trap and many lives were loss on that road. And farmers had it difficult to bring their farm products to the market and transportation was not easy for my people at that time.

Hon. Abayomi Sheba urged the citizens to stop vote buying so that people who will represent the true interest of the citizens can emerge as leaders. He said, “When I first represented my federal constituency there was nothing like vote buying and those were the days of accountability”.

Hon. Abayomi Sheba Esq. Who is a known philanthropist, empowered over 300 vulnerable members of his constituency during the covid 19 lockdown. His constant care and concern for youths and women amongst other outreach empowerment programs for the less privilege citizens, has endeared him to the hearts of the people in his constituency. Thus, an outcry for Hon. Abayomi Sheba to represent them at a level where their voice can be heard through the man whom they described as the man after God heart cannot be over emphasized.
Re: Hon. Abayomi Sheba Esq Says Vote Buying, Virus Affecting Nigeria Development by Brunosamel(m): 6:22am On Apr 14, 2021
Exactly, he is right poverty have always make it worst especially in the North, where the buy and sell vote anyhow.. grin
Re: Hon. Abayomi Sheba Esq Says Vote Buying, Virus Affecting Nigeria Development by Ayeong: 6:29am On Apr 14, 2021
Lolz ok

(1) (Reply)

Chibok Girls Still On Our Minds – Presidency / Fg, Afdb Collaborating On Special-agro Processing Zones Across The Country / Human Rights Lawyer Orders 24 Copies Of Legislative Watch For Assembly Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.