Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults (64554 Views)

Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. / Complimentary Statements That Make A Friend Smile / 10 Animals That Don’t Look Dangerous But Are Actually Deadly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by opalu: 1:43pm On Apr 15, 2021
Ok
Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by Bellotelli: 1:43pm On Apr 15, 2021
I GET NUMBER 4 AND 6 A LOT ESPECIALLY FROM THE OPPOSITE SEX.
Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by MrBachelor: 1:44pm On Apr 15, 2021
grin
Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by alfasexy: 1:44pm On Apr 15, 2021
Women always over analysing everything.
Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by Canberra55: 1:44pm On Apr 15, 2021
Your eyes are beautiful... especially the left/right one.
Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by Cj4charles(m): 1:44pm On Apr 15, 2021
chatinent:
Even “are you a Nigerian” from a foreigner sounds like “e no go better for you.”
Funny YOU
Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by sivel(m): 1:44pm On Apr 15, 2021
Las las Naija go better

chatinent:
Even “are you a Nigerian” from a foreigner sounds like “e no go better for you.”
Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by blowjob: 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
ALL DIS FAKE RESPECT FOR NAIJA undecided
Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by Opak001(m): 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
na you be this,oboi!!! e don tay
Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by EmmanuelScott1(m): 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
Wahala don enter english grin grin
Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by macrodata(m): 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
"YOU ARE MAD"

is not an insult, but a description.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by JohnBullMySon: 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
KidDarkness:

How was your night simply means how was the sex last night which is really offensive
yes, though it can also refer to two people working night shifts.
Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by Acidiously: 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
But on a serious note, some people are too good to be fulani. Just check their track record na
Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by fergie001: 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
You see that "With all due respect" ehn.....Kai

No insult pass that one.

1 Like

Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by Davefed(m): 1:46pm On Apr 15, 2021
It all depends in the speaker intentions. Some people compliment using those phrases without having thought of insulting you....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by Davefed(m): 1:46pm On Apr 15, 2021
It all depends on the speaker intentions. Some people compliment using those phrases without having thought of insulting you....

1 Like

Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by SolarEdge: 1:46pm On Apr 15, 2021
Lolz. This post crack me OP.

Ain't you tired of the epileptic power situation in your area? Why are you so comfortable buying fuel daily and servicing your generator weekly? How do you feel going out at 1am to put off your generator? Is your conscience not pricking you each time your generator pollution affects your estate? If you can read this and understand English then you surely need a SOLAR POWER SYSTEM TODAY
Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by Topmaike007(m): 1:46pm On Apr 15, 2021
Wahala for English
Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by zabuur: 1:47pm On Apr 15, 2021
And a lot of Christians do say this to Muslims

[/b] you look too fine to be a muslim[b]
Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by wiseoneking: 1:47pm On Apr 15, 2021
Number six is ok and never intended to be an insult. Your views about others you itemized may be true but you should understand that different nation's and tribes do accept a foreign language like English to their own way, no matter the original meaning.

1 Like

Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by Ladycewhy(f): 1:48pm On Apr 15, 2021
Patriotic9ja:
Sometimes it's always better to take things as simple as they appear. If you are too meticulous or take things too serious, even "good morning or how are you" can become offensive. Ladies and gentlemen, don't make life too difficult for yourselves all because you want to add too much meanings to things
Tell them o.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by oluwaseunamos33(m): 1:48pm On Apr 15, 2021
Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by CheedyJ(m): 1:48pm On Apr 15, 2021
That’s how one bros for area see me after I baff up one day & said , o boy you fine well well today ooo, the thing pain me but I lock up cos na egbon & me get regards for the elders so , I let it slide ...
Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by nwakibe: 1:49pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bloody fool; Fool is an insult to a person. Adding bloody to it is an insult to the person's parents and grandparents. in fact, it is an insult to the person's ancestors. Bloody fool means that the person's foolishness is generational.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by Yusufisraelj(m): 1:49pm On Apr 15, 2021
@binarymachine

It depends on context and situation.
Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by JedallMarcelo: 1:50pm On Apr 15, 2021
There was a time I wanted to express my anger to my dad and I said "daddy with all due respect..." he cut me off and said "if dem born you well, talk am." i just went off cryThere was a time I wanted to express my anger to my dad and I said "daddy with all due respect..." he cut me off and said "if dem born you well, talk am." i just went off

3 Likes

Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by Acidiously: 1:50pm On Apr 15, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:
Nothing respectful ever comes after "with all due respect". Once you hear it just be prepared for insult.
And the cousin ‘no offense but...'
Just prepare for harsh words

4 Likes

Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by Meedon: 1:51pm On Apr 15, 2021
Nigerian girls are awesome...
Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by bmdmix3: 1:51pm On Apr 15, 2021
MejiLoyon:
How was your night?

Biggest insult ever
plz explain undecided
Re: 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 15, 2021
Hintona:
I've been told 2 3 6 7
I remember you....
shebi na you get small bum bum....wey you dey use block road the other day

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) / Man Runs For His Life After Snake He Was Trying To Kill Aimed For His Joystick / Big Snake Seen Inside A Toilet (WC) In Ekpoma, Edo State (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.