Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,320 members, 7,829,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? (2486 Views)

Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 / What Used Car To Buy In Nigeria With 1.2m Either Lexus Or Toyota Or Honda Evil S / Toyota Avensis Verso Or Toyota Corolla Verso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by LucemFerre: 8:32am On Apr 15, 2021
Base model or whatever. In general

Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by ifytrik(m): 10:38am On Apr 15, 2021
Let's see pictures of the interior first, civic all the way anyway.

6 Likes

Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by PAQ(m): 12:37pm On Apr 15, 2021
While i prefer the size and exterior of the 2021 Honda Civic, the interior of the 2021 Corolla is minimalist and much better... for me.

Both cars are an upgrade from their usual simple looks, especially the civic. But as for reliability, Corolla still has it, there are more complaints on the CVT in the Civic as compared to whats on the Corolla. But still both cars are solid.

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by Elsueno: 1:14pm On Apr 15, 2021
shocked

Am a fan of techy stuff & comfort when it comes to cars, so my choice will be civic.

But if it where a house I will go for the corrola. like the bland & pretty empty design plus sparse house décor
Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by seanfer(m): 2:01pm On Apr 15, 2021
I think i will take this Civic 10 times over the Corolla.. See interior like that of the Accord... Honda is way ahead of Toyota in terms of interior design

7 Likes

Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by slex(m): 3:26pm On Apr 15, 2021
Honda cicic..

its slightly better..

Thats my own opinion. Driven both of them while moving to one car lot from another and back.

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by lagusboyyy(m): 4:37pm On Apr 15, 2021
HONDA CIVIC.

4 Likes

Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by Jamesbally: 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2021
Honda Civic all the way. Toyota na poor people mottor. grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by LucemFerre: 4:59am On Apr 16, 2021
seanfer:
I think i will take this Civic 10 times over the Corolla.. See interior like that of the Accord... Honda is way ahead of Toyota in terms of interior design

I don’t know why Corolla just refuse to improve their interior design. Civic’s interior have always been better. A little more pricey but, Corolla no even dey try. Considering both brands are part of the compact car competition
Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by LucemFerre: 5:00am On Apr 16, 2021
Jamesbally:

Lol... any “poor” man wey fit afford Corolla, EFCC suppose storm im house cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by Jamesbally: 5:40am On Apr 16, 2021
LucemFerre:

Lol... any “poor” man wey fit afford Corolla, EFCC suppose storm im house cheesy

I know say, Corola and Camry crew go feel pained about my coment. For their mind, them Dey drive mottor. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by seanfer(m): 5:42am On Apr 16, 2021
LucemFerre:

I don’t know why Corolla just refuse to improve their interior design. Civic’s interior have always been better. A little more pricey but, Corolla no even dey try. Considering both brands are part of the compact car competition

Toyota sometimes behaves like Naija governments. They know we will buy it like that.
Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by PAQ(m): 12:20pm On Apr 16, 2021
Jamesbally:

2020 Corolla for Naija na rich man motor oh! Corolla was never intended to be a flashy or sporty ride though, unlike the Civic that always had a better interior and performance.what i love about the new Civic is its behind...

Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by LucemFerre: 3:44pm On Apr 16, 2021
PAQ:

2020 Corolla for Naija na rich man motor oh! Corolla was never intended to be a flashy or sporty ride though, unlike the Civic that always had a better interior and performance.what i love about the new Civic is its behind...

Your head dey dia
The back is a killer.
It was so good they had to use it on a CR-V
Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by LucemFerre: 6:43pm On Apr 16, 2021
seanfer:

Toyota sometimes behaves like Naija governments. They know we will buy it like that.

grin grin grin
Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by adamawaboy(m): 11:23am On May 01, 2021
Jamesbally:

I know say, Corola and Camry crew go feel pained about my coment. For their mind, them Dey drive mottor. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

dis wan weak me sha, nigerians like toyota because the car dey accept abuse, dem no like delicate luxury cars like hunda dem.

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by PAQ(m): 8:53pm On May 01, 2021
adamawaboy:

dis wan weak me sha, nigerians like toyota because the car dey accept abuse, dem no like delicate luxury cars like hunda dem.

Honda is not a luxury brand, they are on thesame class with Toyota. Abi you wan compare Honda with names like Mercedes & BMW??

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by adamawaboy(m): 9:07am On May 02, 2021
PAQ:

Honda is not a luxury brand, they are on thesame class with Toyota. Abi you wan compare Honda with names like Mercedes & BMW??

oga, honda is luxury for where toyota dey.
Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by ksmart027(m): 9:49am On May 02, 2021
adamawaboy:

Dan jimeta

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by PAQ(m): 9:56am On May 02, 2021
adamawaboy:

Luxurious as in what way pls? Kindly give facts as in which of their cars is more Luxurious.... Accord is definitely not a luxury car or more luxurious than aCamry and neither is the Civic.

Better looking based on personal taste does not equate to luxury. I hope you do know what the term; Luxury means, oga!

2 Likes

Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by Originalsly: 11:53am On May 02, 2021
LucemFerre:

Yesterday....today.... tomorrow.... was never and will never be in competition for interior designs and options. It will always be bland compared to.the competition. The plan was to make a basic commute car ... very reliable ... to take riders from point A to point B. It shouldn't take much time to get from A to B so no need for all the extras. They have stuck to their plan..... the reason despite the blandness and whatever......a used Corolla is never cheap and will value more than a Civic..

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by LucemFerre: 8:28pm On May 02, 2021
Originalsly:

Yesterday....today.... tomorrow.... was never and will never be in competition for interior designs and options. It will always be bland compared to.the competition. The plan was to make a basic commute car ... very reliable ... to take riders from point A to point B. It shouldn't take much time to get from A to B so no need for all the extras. They have stuck to their plan..... the reason despite the blandness and whatever......a used Corolla is never cheap and will value more than a Civic..

Improving the interior won’t hurt its reliability in any way, neither would it stop the car from moving from point A to point B

2 Likes

Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by Originalsly: 11:21pm On May 02, 2021
LucemFerre:

Improving the interior won’t hurt its reliability in any way, neither would it stop the car from moving from point A to point B

The interior is being improved in every generation of the car but it is never up to par with others in its class. No doubt... interior stuff would not hurt its reliability... but will hurt its price point .. low price point being one of its objective. If one is looking for a compact car with fancy interior and bells and whistles then Corolla should not be on their list... they should try Hyundai... or Kia.

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic 2021 Or Toyota Corolla 2021? by PAQ(m): 11:09am On May 03, 2021
LucemFerre:

Corolla's from 2014 (S, S plus & Eco) offer neat interiors. You get leather interiors, cool seats, open roof & their dash board isnt so bad, from 2015, Corolla's had toyota safety sense (auto brake & lane assist) while the Civic got Honda sensing from 2017.

Corolla focuses on being a daily commute with safety & reliability over looks. That is why it holds its value over a Civic

(1) (Reply)

My 2012 Honda Accord Consumes Fuel And The Power Steering Cup Spills Oil / Cost Of Gear Lever (automatic Transmision) / Showcasing Classic Hondas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.