Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner (7018 Views)

Why I’m Not Proud To Call Buhari My President — Aribisala / "I Am So Proud Of My Husband" – Aisha Buhari / How North Sidelines S/west In Civil Service * No South Westerner In Top Ten (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by EkoIle1: 4:49am On Apr 20, 2011
We've shown again how logical, sensible and sophisticated we are.

We got rid of our crooked and corrupt apples in the SW

We stayed away from  a crooked and sham election with great instincts and foresight

We warned the folks on the other side of the Niger, but as usual, their greedy and self destructive ways got the best of them

Now, the chicken is fast coming home to roost,

Long lice the SW,
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by Onlytruth(m): 4:53am On Apr 20, 2011
Yea, we see how you are the most handsome dude on nairaland.

No thanks! I like being Igbo. grin cool

Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by Nobody: 4:59am On Apr 20, 2011
God bless Od'ua nation. Thanks Eko-Ile

Eko Ile:

We stayed away from  a crooked and sham election with great instincts and foresight

We warned the folks on the other side of the Niger, but as usual, their greedy and self destructive ways got the best of them

Long lice the SW,

I feel you. The SWesterners in Diaspora are feeling the same.

They've lost hope for that wretched union called Nigeria. Little by litle our hope will be restored.

I'm just so happy that the SW voted wisely on April 9th. God bless the SW nation.

I'm looking forward to the next 4 years.

BTW, kudos to Fashola. I believe ACN became popular , amongst many other reasons, because of him. Keep up the good work. SW is simply waiting for 2015.
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by EkoIle1: 5:00am On Apr 20, 2011
I guess there are 1 or 2 ibo people out there with common sense

Running Mates and Ndi Igbo

A critical look at the pairings made known, ndi igbo, the largest homogenous ethnic group in the South East of Nigeria have lost out. [b]It beats me that a people that prosper in all that they lay their hands on could be so naïve when it comes to politics and its permutations. Who deceived them that Sambo will not contest in 2015? Or that President Goodluck who suddenly remembered that his pet name is Azikiwe will hand over to onye igbo in May 29th 2015? ANPP chose a South Southerner. Is the hope of ndi igbo in the running mate of Nuhu Ribadu? Or will David Mark leave the Senate Presidency to ndi igbo? Is ndi igbo not begging for the National Chairman of PDP to be conceded back to them after their son was caught lying? I learnt the dethroned National Chairman has also used the Court to stop INEC from reorganising Sullivan Chime as PDP Gubernatorial candidate. Is any group more in political disarray than the self styled wisest men in the East?

Had ndi igbo had a sound political reasoning, they would have angled to give Buhari a sound corrupt free igboman as running mate. Buhari is 70 years and should he win, the stress of running Nigeria would have made a re-election unattractive and as a VP, onye igbo will have a clear shot at the Aso Rock. Let me leave ethnic politics alone for now although in days to come, it will play a skipper’s role in determining the outcome of April General Elections.[/b]

http://kubwaexpress.com/running-mates-and-ndi-igbo/

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by ZnO: 5:08am On Apr 20, 2011
Hhahaha! These Yoruba guys are purging. They need to visit the toilet. How can one be proud of treachery and backstabbing? Only in Odualand
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by EkoIle1: 5:08am On Apr 20, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

God bless Od'ua nation. Thanks Eko-Ile

I feel you. The SWesterners in Diaspora are feeling the same.

They've lost hope for that wretched union called Nigeria. Little by litle our hope will be restored.

I'm just so happy that the SW voted wisely on April 9th. God bless the SW nation.

I'm looking forward to the next 4 years.

BTW, kudos to Fashola. I believe ACN became popular , amongst many other reasons, because of him. Keep up the good work. SW is simply waiting for 2015.

The fact that we have sensible and credible leaders out there making sensible decisions and protecting the SW against all the nonsense flaring up outside our borders warms my heart immensely.

I can't wait to see the remaining  PDP governors get flushed out of the SW for good,
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by bashr4: 5:20am On Apr 20, 2011
ZnO:

Hhahaha! These Yoruba guys are purging. They need to visit the toilet. How can one be proud of treachery and backstabbing? Only in Odualand

we already know them ,juts watch out tomorrow they will out and say something else, its best to ignore them after the north,the west is the most politically violent part of nigeria, they even exported their rascality and political violence to akwa ibom. i pity my brothers in akwa ibom that fell to their deceit.
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by Nobody: 5:27am On Apr 20, 2011
Eko Ile:

The fact that we have sensible and credible leaders out there making sensible decisions and protecting the SW against all the nonsense flaring up outside our borders warms my heart immensely.

I can't wait to see the remaining  PDP governors get flushed out of the SW for good,  

LOL One step at a time. We'll get there.

Although, the SW nation's feathers does not ruffled up easily, I sincerely hope that SW's worries for their brothers in the North does no turn into another story entirely.

This is one of the times that you're happy that the SW has a unified party. The times to talk in one voice against the bloodshed in the Northern parts.

I heard that tension might also start in Jos. These Northern fools needa turn their anger elsewhere. Too bad Yoruba nation does not operate on external violence.
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by EkoIle1: 5:28am On Apr 20, 2011
Awww, our ibo folks are worried that we are happy and proud to be SW'ners.

You clowns just sold you rights and you now have you ibo president, you should be happy too, Yoruba folks should be the least of your worries, but I know deep down, you people are sad and unhappy as usual,

suxs to be ibo fo real,
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by Nobody: 5:30am On Apr 20, 2011
We're also watching keenly.

Endurance has its limit.

Whatever rubbish that the SE/SS wants to start with the Hausa-Fulanis in Asaba/Northern part needs to stay out of the SW.
That's my main concern. Your "retaliation" is not going to only afftect y'all, but innocent people in the MB.
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by Rhino5dm: 5:36am On Apr 20, 2011
Yeah! The igbos are all 'out' on us to helep them deal with the northern vampires.

No way fellas! Use your so called igbo sense na. Or is it only good for carrying drugs, pirating cd's and producing fake drugs?

SW the pride on naija!

I laugh is swahili.
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by bashr4: 5:41am On Apr 20, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Yeah! The igbos are all 'out' on us to helep them deal with the northern vampires.

No way fellas! Use your so called igbo sense na. Or is it only good for carrying drugs, pirating cd's and producing fake drugs?

SW the pride on naija!

I laugh is swahili.

God forbid we call you for help , who calls a traitor for help?. just know your fellow yorubas are in the north ,you never help yourself see poverty they finish una ,anyway am happy u got your ACN maybe that will help bring down the alrming rate of poverty in yorubaland.
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by Nobody: 5:45am On Apr 20, 2011
LOL this is bad o!

And they say the SW nation is jealous of them.

One thig that is killing the Igbos :

1. SW has no interest in this election

2. Realization that if SW did have an interest, GEJ would not have won

3. The fact that SW is unifying itself.

4. SW is getting rid of PDP (do nothing for 12 years, live in darkness party)

5. SW is becoming one voice.

6. (Fill in)
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by Nobody: 5:50am On Apr 20, 2011
Oh c'mon, I know una get something to add to #6.

You've been on this thread suxxing on SW nation's balls since Eko-Ile made it. Must be hard for una to hard to take in that the SW is up to sth (as usual as you'd say). It's because of fear that you guys on killing yourself on this thread.

Proud to be a SWesterner (Yoruba)
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by bashr4: 5:51am On Apr 20, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

LOL this is bad o!

And they say the SW nation is jealous of them.

One thig that is killing the Igbos :

1. SW has no interest in this election

2. Realization that if SW did have an interest, GEJ would not have won

3. The fact that SW is unifying itself.

4. SW is getting rid of PDP (do nothing for 12 years, live in darkness party)

5. SW is becoming one voice.

6. (Fill in)

keep showing your true colours we are watching

1 i thought SW ACN was the great opposition party all of a sudden your claiming you never had interest in the election

2 SW votes were irrelevant

3 i thought you people have always been united and speak with one voice

we will keep exposing you ,liars.
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by Nobody: 5:58am On Apr 20, 2011
bashr4:

1 i thought SW ACN was the great opposition party all of a sudden your claiming you never had interest in the election

1. SW were and always will be THE great opposition. Even if SS/SE had given GEJ 100% of their magic ( grin) numbers, 100% numbers of the SW with the North's would have canceled out una rubbish.

2. Of course it was irrelevant. Only 2mil out of 15mil voted. Makes you shiver doesnt it? Imagine if they had all voted, in the interest of the North. So our silence made this election very relevant. It's like saying the SW gave it to you on a platter.

3. This is what happens when Anthropologist fail to do long-term field work of the region they're studying. Their intervention never works. You cannot appl what you read online or heard from your friends to a culture so large and diverse. Do your own study. From Ondo to Ekiti to Osun to Lagos, Yorubas see themselves as one. That's why we live together in harmony (in this pasts and coming decades) . Yorubaland has always been united. Unfortunately, the PDP politicians enforced on us (esp Ekiti State) for 12 years have made the union excruciatingly inactive. We were unified in culture, tradition and everything elce but politics. Now we are. With ACN we hope to speak in one voice and seek local developments. The politicians of the SW have now realized that they were not ordained to rule. People will vote them out if nothing is being done. Eyes have been opened.
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by bashr4: 6:01am On Apr 20, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

1. SW were and always will be THE great opposition. Even if SS/SE had given GEJ 100% of their magic ( grin) numbers, 100% numbers of the SW with the North's would have canceled out una rubbish.

2. Of course it was irrelevant. Only 2mil out of 15mil voted. Makes you shiver doesnt it? Imagine if they had all voted, in the interest of the North. So our silence made this election very relevant. It's like saying the SW gave it to you on a platter.

3. This is what happens when Anthropologist fail to do long-term field work of the region they're studying. Their intervention never works. Yorubaland has always been united. Unfortunately, the PDP politicians enforced on us (esp Ekiti State) for 12 years have made the union excruciatingly inactive. We were unified in culture, tradition and everything elce but politics. Now we are. With ACN we hope to speak in one voice and seek local developments. The politicians of the SW have now realized that they were not ordained to rule. People will vote them out if nothing is being done. Eyes have been opened.

ok make sure you write it down so you dont write something contradicting to it tomorrow
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by Nobody: 6:07am On Apr 20, 2011
bashr4:

ok make sure you write it down so you dont write something contradicting to it tomorrow

LMAO!!

This SW unity must be killing!! But it cannot be killed. Just like the SW giving the SS/SE a chance, try to stay out of this will ya. Nobody has ever said Yorubaland is not unified. We just need to be politically unified, which is/has happening/happened.

Just relax. Be afraid not.
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by EkoIle1: 6:08am On Apr 20, 2011
bashr4:

Olodo, GEJ won by how many millions again? 10 million. 13 million registered voters in the south west didn't vote for nobody and if it was the other way around and they voted for Ribadu or Buhari, GEJ wont be your rigged president elect.
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by ayosmiles(m): 6:45am On Apr 20, 2011
am happy i voted 4 my party ACN but my parents voted 4 GEJ cos hes a gud man. i warned dem somethin like dis wld happen
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by Ystranger: 7:37am On Apr 20, 2011
ayosmiles:

am happy i voted 4 my party ACN but my parents voted 4 GEJ cos hes a gud man. i warned dem somethin like dis wld happen

What do you know about elections?

Shouldnt you be somewhere jerking off?
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by jmaine: 7:57am On Apr 20, 2011
what's the essense of this thread . . . as a Yoruba man,we should reduce this . . .threads like this just exposes "the am better than you" mentality in Nigeria that is eating us deep thereby causing problems . . .and Ileke Idi is always a culprit angry . .we don't need to devalue others to show how valuable we re . . .do your thing and in due time earn the respect of others not always on the attack of one tribe or the other . .all tribe do have their pros and cons e.g a typical yoruba man though educated is a coward but that does not mean we don't have warrior like clans and people in our midst . . While the hausa man even though called naive,stvpid and archaic in their actions can boast of a unifying force where other regions are probably learning from. .abuse the igbo all you like . .but those people do not take shyte when it comes to provocation . . .they respond to threats with vigour and guts and are not afraid to hold their grounds even on enemy turf . .

Eko Ile et al., abeg let's reduce any form of tribal friction in our polity . . .
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by ektbear: 8:09am On Apr 20, 2011
Sai Yorubaland
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by Justcash(m): 8:39am On Apr 20, 2011
Eko Ile:

We stayed away from a crooked and sham election with great instincts and foresight

Long lice the SW,

Hmmmm, very good!!!! Good to know that you are proud to be a South Westerner.
I am very proud to be a South Easterner. That is eh, Over proud dey worry me. I thank God that he made me an Igbo man.
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by Ystranger: 8:41am On Apr 20, 2011
Thank God, I dont have kidnapping gene in my DNA
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by yemmight(m): 9:21am On Apr 20, 2011
Justcash:

Hmmmm, very good!!!! Good to know that you are proud to be a South Westerner.
I am very proud to be a South Easterner. That is eh, Over proud dey worry me. I thank God that he made me an Igbo man.

You can be proud not to have produced a President of your nation for at lease once. In the fifty years existence of post independence Nigeria, no Igbo has ruled Nigeria (except for Aguiyi Ironsi’s brief interregnum);

You can be proud not have occupied major positions in govt.

You can be proud of having most dilapidated infrastructures in the country. See this (An argument can be made that to the extent that Igbos and other marginalized Nigerians have resorted to 419 scams and other criminal activities that it is largely due to the fact that they are not given the opportunity to share in the economic fruits of Nigeria. You must be really proud.
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by Justcash(m): 10:30am On Apr 20, 2011
yemmight:

You can be proud not to have produced a President of your nation for at lease once. In the fifty years existence of post independence Nigeria, no Igbo has ruled Nigeria (except for Aguiyi Ironsi’s brief interregnum);

You can be proud not have occupied major positions in govt.

You can be proud of having most dilapidated infrastructures in the country.  See this (An argument can be made that to the extent that Igbos and other marginalized Nigerians have resorted to 419 scams and other criminal activities that it is largely due to the fact that they are not given the opportunity to share in the economic fruits of Nigeria.  You must be really proud.

[b]Yes, Igbos may not have touched the posts that you mentioned, but we make the difference where ever we touch.
Where was Nigeria's banking sector before Soludo? Were your Yoruba fathers that had the political power too daft that they could not do what he did?
Where was NAFDAC before Akunyili? What were your Yoruba mothers doing with the power they had?
What was Nigeria's debt profile before Okonjo-Iweala? Why didn't OBJ use a Yoruba man?
Where was the Nigerian stock exchange before Onyiuke? Why didn't your Yoruba fathers raise the NSE to a great height before her?
Who steered the Nigeria's Communication sector to the height it is now? Why was it only an Igbo man that was found capable of doing that?
When we were sidelined by your fathers in politics, we dominated in sports. Now you can understand why Nigeria became great in sports?
Look at business, we dominate in business. We own commercial activities in the west and north. You understand why Lagos normally shutdown during xmas holidays?
Now Sincerely tell me what your fore-fathers that had political power achieve? Just think and tell me.
Were they not the ones that ruined Nigeria? Anumanu Ofia! Tufiakwa Unu!!
You should be thanking God that you are privileged to be in the same country with Igbos.
Just because of Fashola, ACN done better pass everybody. You seem to forget that we have Sullyvan Chime and Amaechi.
[/b]
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by nedu666: 10:48am On Apr 20, 2011
to eko ile and y stranger, u sit in foreign land and spew utter rubbish from ur mouth, u rejoice over poverty and misfortune of other nigerians, u think u are immune to such one day God will visit u with such then u know how it feels
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by mbatuku1: 10:55am On Apr 20, 2011
These Odeyorubas. Una no dey tire? Smh
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by gokuu(m): 11:18am On Apr 20, 2011
mbatuku1:

These Odeyorubas. Una no dey tire? Smh
The forum is for SW People not yorubas, i'm SW but egun and we are not yoruba, @yemmight: pls can u tell us what OBJ brought to the SW for 8yrs in govt? How come we have sold all our lands to the igbos yet we cannot buy in the east? If u've been to alaba, u'll notice that the igbos are shop owners while yorubas/hausas are carrying load, is that not imperialism? Before PDP, what did we get 4rm AD which is now posing as ACN? Patricia was given SW slot and she went to steal the whole Abuja? Pls be objective in ur analysis!
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by yemmight(m): 11:30am On Apr 20, 2011
Justcash:

[b]Yes, Igbos may not have touched the posts that you mentioned, but we make the difference where ever we touch.
Where was Nigeria's banking sector before Soludo? Were your Yoruba fathers that had the political power too daft that they could not do what he did?
Where was NAFDAC before Akunyili? What were your Yoruba mothers doing with the power they had?
What was Nigeria's debt profile before Okonjo-Iweala? Why didn't OBJ use a Yoruba man?
Where was the Nigerian stock exchange before Onyiuke? Why didn't your Yoruba fathers raise the NSE to a great height before her?
Who steered the Nigeria's Communication sector to the height it is now? Why was it only an Igbo man that was found capable of doing that?
When we were sidelined by your fathers in politics, we dominated in sports. Now you can understand why Nigeria became great in sports?
Look at business, we dominate in business. We own commercial activities in the west and north. You understand why Lagos normally shutdown during xmas holidays?
Now Sincerely tell me what your fore-fathers that had political power achieve? Just think and tell me.
Were they not the ones that ruined Nigeria? Anumanu Ofia! Tufiakwa Unu!!
You should be thanking God that you are privileged to be in the same country with Igbos.
Just because of Fashola, ACN done better pass everybody. You seem to forget that we have Sullyvan Chime and Amaechi.
[/b]

You should be grateful to a Yoruba man (Obasanjo) because it was only him that offer many Ibos jobs during his term.  Politically there's now how you can compare achievement btw us and yours, we no be mate.  How many Amaechi do we have in the country? Or are you still referring to same Amaechi in Rivers? Dont let PH people blow your head.
Re: I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner by yemmight(m): 11:41am On Apr 20, 2011
gokuu:

The forum is for SW People not yorubas, i'm SW but egun and we are not yoruba, @yemmight: pls can u tell us what OBJ brought to the SW for 8yrs in govt? How come we have sold all our lands to the igbos yet we cannot buy in the east? If u've been to alaba, u'll notice that the igbos are shop owners while yorubas/hausas are carrying load, is that not imperialism? Before PDP, what did we get 4rm AD which is now posing as ACN? Patricia was given SW slot and she went to steal the whole Abuja? Pls be objective in your analysis!

Thank God you be Egun and thts why you will not see anything in what AD has done in the past. If you have Ibos are buying lands in Alaba, do we have any law that prohibits any Yorubaman or Hausa not to buy? Please wake up. Our level of hospitality with Ibos not comparable and thts why Ibos dont allow other tribe build houses in their areas. We dont have problem with that. You talked about objectivity. I dont think you understand english at all. Did patricia belong to AD? Or did PDP send her there to steal? Or have you even seen any of them tha never stole? Think before you type, I beg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Newly Diiscovered Isis Document Reveals Frightening Apocalyptic Vision / Anwuli Chikere Withdraws From Moro’s Trial / More Trouble In Buhari Camp: Buhari’s Men Subdue Amaechi, Initiates Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.