Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,069 members, 7,821,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

I Regret Not Being A US Citizen, Nigeria Frustrates Me - Chimamanda Adiche-video - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Regret Not Being A US Citizen, Nigeria Frustrates Me - Chimamanda Adiche-video (510 Views)

I Regret Wearing Bikinis, Nudity – Rihanna / Johnpaul Nwadike Becomes US Citizen / Nkechi Emmanuel: "I Regret Not Marrying Earlier, Marriage Is Sweet" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Regret Not Being A US Citizen, Nigeria Frustrates Me - Chimamanda Adiche-video by evolution4434: 3:26pm On Apr 15, 2021

Re: I Regret Not Being A US Citizen, Nigeria Frustrates Me - Chimamanda Adiche-video by Fahdiga(m): 3:42pm On Apr 15, 2021
Even the devil will reject Nigeria if offered to him
Re: I Regret Not Being A US Citizen, Nigeria Frustrates Me - Chimamanda Adiche-video by Authority1o1(m): 3:48pm On Apr 15, 2021
Okay...

Chimamanda Adichie obviously doesn't know that the US didn't fall from the sky the way it is—humans like her and I made it what it is. Just listen to what a dignified public figure said about her own country.

It pains me personally when I see and hear people, especially the youth, say unsavory things about Nigeria. Like these bunch of jokers and naysayers would be the ones who would ever get serious enough to take up the mantle of leadership?

Always looking for excuses to celebrate and justify their lackadaisical and disgusting behavior towards the development of the country. If it's not Buhari, it is Fulani. When it's not ESN, it is Biafra or Kanu. Useless, delusional and purpose-derailing topics that they continually bring up.

We know too well that there are forces standing in the way of the progress of the nation. Mandela, Ikeda Hayato, Lee Kuan Yew and the likes of them all had obstacles. They could have continued to blame their color or their predecessors or a curse. But no; they sat, thought and brought solutions to the problems facing them. Down here, we'd rather fantasise about and await a secessional republic that will be prepared by God, made up of pure angels and will be full of ectasy and grandeur. Such absurdity.

Don't think I will end this with the infamous cliche "Let's unite and build our nation". Laye. What's my own? When I'm focused and favoured enough to make money, won't I leave this country for una?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Uche Ogbodo Breaks Down In Tears As She Opens Up On Why She Is Pregnant Or A Boy / #davido: Adorable Official Photos From Hailey's Fabulous 4th Birthday Party / Ultimate Love Couple: Iyke And Theresa Get Engaged On Her 25th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.