Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,061 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community (1099 Views)

Police Confirm Killing Of 57-year-old Abia Man By Son, Suspect To Be Arraigned / Police Confirm Death Of 4 Kidnapped Ghanaian Girls / Suspected Fulanis Kill Plateau Mourners; 120 Killed - Witness, Police Confirm 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community by trutharena: 5:08pm On Apr 15, 2021
The Enugu State Police Command has confirmed Tuesday’s attack on Ogboro-Eke-Abugu Village, Ibagwa-Ani in Nsukka Local Government Area of the state by gunmen.

The command’s Public Relations Officer, Mr Daniel Ndukwe, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Nsukka on Wednesday that the gunmen killed one James Ugwu during the attack.

Ndukwe said that the assailants also attacked Ugwu’s wife and another person before fleeing the area.

He said the Commissioner of Police, Mr Mohammed Aliyu, had directed full-scale investigations to uncover the masterminds of the attack and also bring them to book.

“He pleads with the people of the community to remain calm and assist the police in their investigation.

“He also urged them to avoid doing anything capable of causing a breach of public peace,’’ Ndukwe said.

Narrating the incident, an eyewitness, who pleaded anonymity, said the gunmen, who were four in number, stormed the village around 9 pm.

It said the bandits shot Ugwu dead in his house and also shot his wife on the leg and another person in the stomach, while escaping.

“The sound of gunshots and cries by members of Ugwu’s family attracted neighbours and other villagers.

“But before the natives could get to the scene, the gunmen had escaped into the bush,” the eye witness further said.

A lawmaker from the area, Dr Emma Ugwuerua, representing Nsukka-West constituency in the state House of Assembly, expressed regrets over the incident.

“Yes, there was an attack by unknown gunmen in Ibagwa-Ani on Tuesday night.

“I can’t give more details because we are already in a meeting over the issue,” Ugwuerua said.

The Nsukka Police Area Commander, Mr Hassan Yahaya, said he had already visited the scene of the attack.

“I have beefed up security in the affected village by deploying enough policemen in the area to douse fear and panic among residents,’’ he said.

Source: https://www.pulse.ng/news/metro/police-confirm-attack-on-nsukka-community/rl04tdr

Re: Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community by Fahdiga(m): 5:09pm On Apr 15, 2021
This terrorist Fulanis have bitten more than they can chew. after this lifeless regime they should take whatever they see. it is just a matter of time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community by pulamu: 5:14pm On Apr 15, 2021
the police have reduce themselves to witnesses and confirmers when crime is happening
Re: Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community by Winnerforever: 5:17pm On Apr 15, 2021
Kebbiprince:
Lol, they killed James Ugwu possibly from Nsukka too. Nice kill all yourselves modafuckers

Typical Black Baboon mindset. With primitive bigots like you, Nigeria will continue to remain a shit hole.
Re: Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community by Kebbiprince: 5:21pm On Apr 15, 2021
Winnerforever:

Typical Black Baboon mindset. With primitive bigots like you, Nigeria will continue to remain a shit hole.
You killers killing yourselves already made it a shithole, so who cares?

2 Likes

Re: Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community by Arewa1stSon: 5:24pm On Apr 15, 2021
Ok
Re: Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community by Winnerforever: 5:24pm On Apr 15, 2021
Kebbiprince:

You killers killing yourselves already made it a shithole, so who cares?

Lol, I am here in the UK while the shit hole gets worse. Nigeria is a shit hole because of people like you.

1 Like

Re: Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community by Nigeriabiafra82: 5:26pm On Apr 15, 2021
call them Fulani Herdsmen and bandit
They are the terrorists

1 Like

Re: Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community by trutharena: 5:29pm On Apr 15, 2021
Fahdiga:
This terrorist Fulanis have bitten more than they can chew. after this lifeless regime they should take whatever they see. it is just a matter of time

Lol the unknown gunmen killed their fellow Igbo in Nsukka.

ESN unknown gunmen Kill Nsukka People, na still same same.

3 Likes

Re: Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community by tit(f): 5:39pm On Apr 15, 2021
trutharena:

You can all see who the unknown Gunmen are
Re: Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community by Kebbiprince: 5:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
Winnerforever:

Lol, I am here in the UK while the shit hole gets worse. Nigeria is a shit hole because of people like you.

If you like be in Mars I care not, just like corona is busy killing u all monkey-slave black people in the UK like chicken. Besides I'm in Canada and it doesn't apply to me unlike your people being slaughtered daily by our herdmen. Soon your mother and father in the village will be attacked
Re: Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community by Fahdiga(m): 5:49pm On Apr 15, 2021
trutharena:

Keep peddling false information until DSS arrest you
Re: Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community by phygo89(m): 5:51pm On Apr 15, 2021
Careless Country
Re: Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community by Oksman(m): 6:02pm On Apr 15, 2021
Kebbiprince:
Lol, they killed James Ugwu possibly from Nsukka too. Nice kill all yourselves modafuckers

Where's the humanity in you?
Is this the message of ramadan?
You are supposed to avoid anything that will lead you to sin during this period than rejoicing over the death of someone you don't know. I believe that this not what the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) enjoined you to do.
Have a nice day.
Re: Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community by Kebbiprince: 6:05pm On Apr 15, 2021
Oksman:

Where's the humanity in you?
Is this the message of ramadan?
You are supposed to avoid anything that will lead you to sin during this period than rejoicing over the death of someone you don't know. I believe that this not what the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) enjoined you to do.
Have a nice day.
How do u mean, you decide to kill your people bc u seek for freedom, who does that? We can only applaud u to destroy yourself
Re: Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community by Winnerforever: 6:05pm On Apr 15, 2021
Kebbiprince:

If you like be in Mars I care not, just like corona is busy killing u all monkey-slave black people in the UK like chicken. Besides I'm in Canada and it doesn't apply to me unlike your people being slaughtered daily by our herdmen. Soon your mother and father in the village will be attacked

Yawn grin - I hope you are legal ?

Agree, Herdsmen are slaughtering Nigerians all over the country, hence the reason for ESN etc.

Meanwhile BOKO Haram and bandits have taken over your land in Kebbi - where are you brave men ?
Re: Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community by Kebbiprince: 6:08pm On Apr 15, 2021
Winnerforever:

Yawn grin - I hope you are legal ?

Agree, Herdsmen are slaughtering Nigerians all over the country, hence the reason for ESN etc.

Meanwhile BOKO Haram and bandits have taken over your land in Kebbi - where are you brave men ?

I'm a fulani man so we're taking over everywhere while your people kill themselves for mere nothing grin grin grin grin grin
We fulanis still slaughter your families join cheesy grin grin
Re: Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community by Winnerforever: 6:18pm On Apr 15, 2021
Kebbiprince:

I'm a fulani man so we're taking over everywhere while your people kill themselves for mere nothing grin grin grin grin grin
We fulanis still slaughter your families join cheesy grin grin

Your land has been taken over by Boko Haram and bandits and you ran away to Canada ? Why didn't you stay back and fight ?

ESN and their ilk are fighting herdsmen, bandits etc, they should continue to do a good job.

Herdsmen are not in my state FYI. cool
Re: Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community by Oksman(m): 6:23pm On Apr 15, 2021
Kebbiprince:

How do u mean, you decide to kill your people bc u seek for freedom, who does that? We can only applaud u to destroy yourself

But bokoharam and bandits all have the same trademark! Rejoicing when an individual is killed is what I am against and not the predator. I believe you cannot rejoice when bokoharam kill's an innocent person simply because they want to entrone their own idealogy in the name of religion.
Re: Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community by Kebbiprince: 6:42pm On Apr 15, 2021
Winnerforever:

Your land has been taken over by Boko Haram and bandits and you ran away to Canada ? Why didn't you stay back and fight ?

ESN and their ilk are fighting herdsmen, bandits etc, they should continue to do a good job.

Herdsmen are not in my state FYI. cool

Fulanis are everywhere, is u who ran away from your shitty region to avoid the sword of fula groups piercing your fable heart grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Police Confirm Unknown Gunmen Attack On Nsukka Community by Winnerforever: 6:56pm On Apr 15, 2021
Kebbiprince:

Fulanis are everywhere, is u who ran away from your shitty region to avoid the sword of fula groups piercing your fable heart grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

cool

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Thug Gets The Lesson Of His Life The Hard Way In USA, Seriously Beaten / Buratai Ex-chief Of Army Staff Home. Icpc Discovers Billions / Got Robbed While On A Nairaland Hookup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.