Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,686 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

The Frustration Of Starting A Business - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Frustration Of Starting A Business (213 Views)

The Frustration Of Starting A Business / Pains, Frustration Of Obtaining Nigerian Passport Abroad / Idea Of Starting Videography Business And Mame 2million -60millions Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Frustration Of Starting A Business by FavourUbaka: 7:05pm On Apr 15, 2021
FRUSTRATION OF STARTING A BUSINESS IS SOMETHING WE SHOULD DISCUSS

•First, starting a business is not for the faint-hearted. Hence, you must have a strong conviction as to why you are starting a business.

Is it because you didn't get a 9-5 job or because you don't have a degree that will qualify you for a job or because you WANT TO BE YOUR OWN BOSS?

All of these reasons are valid, so think about it well.

•Secondly, do you have all the resources and knowledge to venture into your proposed business. You see, one thing I have noticed is that you have to empty your pocket to fill up your brain.

So if you want to start a chin- chin business, go for trainings that will make you stand out from other chin chin makers (it will cost you money but the goal is to be known as a guru in the chin chin industry. So close eye and pay for whatever will make you achieve that).

If you need some certain equipments, go get them. I know as a startup funds can be an issue (some other time, I will share excerpts from a book my friend wrote on how to raise money easily)

•Know your audience and how to market to them.

The way you market to a secondary school student is different from how you will market to a working class, so they think differently.

To make them buy what you are selling, you need to understand their psychology and what makes them buy products.

In days to come, I'd share a couple of resources that as helped me make #467,500 from selling people's product online. Would probably put it in a zip file and send.

• Position your business online. See there is money online! I repeat, there is money online! DON'T DULL YOURSELF. Starting a business becomes annoying when you rented a shop and no one comes to buy.

Selling from the comfort of your home makes it easier, because all transactions are made online, you can even have a 9-5 and run your business.

If you sell physical products, create an E-commerce store. A good example is STOREMIA. You can check them out on storemia.com . I created an E-commerce store with them and it has made my food business easy to run.

Maybe I'd do a tutorial on how to set it up, so you can benefit from it.

Lastly, business is not for everyone. Know what works best for you, that's why your conviction matters.

However, if you have just once source of income, you're one step away from being poor.

P.S Should I also talk about passive incomes you can start?

I hope this was helpful

~Favour E. Ubaka~
Re: The Frustration Of Starting A Business by Aremukareem: 4:58pm On Apr 26, 2021
Storemia has intense funding and Focused aim. They haven't passed the resting mark. They till have a long way to go.

What I love about storemia was the strategy of marketing, they used guest posting and sponsored posts to grow there app.

I also have an ecommerce website, it isn't easy.

https://resourcesmadeeasy.xyz
It's a pet marketplace

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Know Nnamdi Kanu But Wherever He Is May God Bless Him - Fr. Mbak / Top 3 Reasons Why People Go Broke And How To Avoid It / Sport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.