Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG (1528 Views)

Obaseki Replies Zainab Ahmed On Printing Of N60 Billion / Obaseki Replies Capt. Hosa: 'I’m Innocent Of Your Accusations' / US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 15, 2021
‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG

April 15, 2021Gistmeblog247

Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki has replied the federal government over a statement he made saying that N60 billion was printed and shared to states in March.
Obaseki said he won’t join issues with the Federal Government, but he stands by his words.
The Governor had lamented the fiscal state of the nation, stating Nigeria is in financial trouble.
While speaking at the Edo state transition committee stakeholders engagement over the weekend, he claimed the Federal Government printed money to bridge FAAC allocation.

“When we got FAAC for March, the federal government printed additional N50-N60 billion to top-up for us to share,” he had said.
Recall that on Wednesday the Federal Government faulted his claim, dismissing it as untrue.
The Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, said Obaseki’s claim was very sad because it was “untrue”.

Reacting to the counter-reaction on Thursday, Obaseki, through his official twitter handle, said: “We believe it is our duty to offer useful advice for the benefit of our country
“The Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, @ZShamsuna should rally Nigerians to stem the obvious fiscal slide facing our country.

“Rather than play the Ostrich, we urge the government to take urgent steps to end the current monetary rascality so as to prevent the prevailing economic challenge from degenerating further.

“We believe it is imperative to approach the Nigerian project with all sense of responsibility and commitment and not play to the gallery because ultimately time shall be the judge of us all.”

Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by buckeyemedia: 11:11pm On Apr 15, 2021
Terorislam:
There only 3 type of Nigerians who will not believe these news,
1- Local Yoruba Muslims
2- those that support the Chicago drug Lord
3- members of YMM (Yoruba Muslims Miscreants)
Only senseless people will believe this rubbish, in the digital & crypto currency era, of what use is there in printing money? The money on my debit card is a 100x more than the Ghana must go you have in your bedroom, please try & get common sense. You don’t have to print money to transfer money in this age. Gone are the days that you have to pay for everything with cash. Nigeria is trying to go completely cashless, only poor minded people still believe in carrying cash around.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by Vickym1(f): 11:12pm On Apr 15, 2021
They dnt care about the deteriorating economy this con3 is facing, they only care about the looting and their BMC will still support them

1 Like

Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by Exclusive101: 11:14pm On Apr 15, 2021
Foolish Igbos n their obsession with Tinubu.
Obaseki claim Buhari printed money your unwise Igbo father is here dragging Tinubu's pant. Make you Igbos try de get sense now.

Terorislam:
1- Local Yoruba Muslims

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by buckeyemedia: 11:17pm On Apr 15, 2021
Vickym1:
They dnt care about the deteriorating economy this con3 facing, they only care about the looting and their BMC will still support them
Go & sort your finances out, this is not North Korea, why do you think some parents will spend their last Naira to make sure their children get the best of education? So they could have a comparative advantage over you, Nigeria’s Government doesn’t owe you anything, & will not do anything for you, the sooner you realize that, you would enjoy the rest of your life hustling for what you deem is yours.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by Akiara: 11:20pm On Apr 15, 2021
YOU ARE VERY BRUTAL.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

DO YOU NOTICE THAT SINCE HE LEFT APC ...HE IS NOW SAYING THE TRUTH??

WHEREAS LAI MUMUMMED CLAIMED THAT TWITTER LEAVING NIGERIA IS BECAUSE OF "DEMARKETING" ...AS IF THE EMBASSIES OF ALL THESE NATIONALS DON'T BUY FUEL FOR THEIR GENERATORS AT HOME AND OFFICES!!!

BUT YOUR INTRODUCTION WAS STILL RUTHLESSLY BRUTAL.

Terorislam:
1- Local Yoruba Muslims

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by buckeyemedia: 11:25pm On Apr 15, 2021
Exclusive101:
Foolish Igbos n their obsession with Tinubu.
Obaseki claim Buhari printed money your unwise Igbo father is here dragging Tinubu's pant. Make you Igbos try de get sense now.

Who printed the money President Buhari, or Governor Godwin Emefiele of Central Bank? Or does any right thinking individual wants us to believe that the President forced Emefiele to print money? Does it make any sense to any one whose faculty is still functioning properly? Why would the Central Bank waste time & money printing 60 billion Naira when they could just withdraw a billion dollars (460 billion) Naira from the external reserves?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by buckeyemedia: 11:32pm On Apr 15, 2021
Akiara:
YOU ARE VERY BRUTAL.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

DO YOU NOTICE THAT SINCE HE LEFT APC ...HE IS NOW SAYING THE TRUTH??

WHEREAS LAI MUMUMMED CLAIMED THAT TWITTER LEAVING NIGERIA IS BECAUSE OF "DEMARKETING" ...AS IF THE EMBASSIES OF ALL THESE NATIONALS DON'T BUY FUEL FOR THEIR GENERATORS AT HOME AND OFFICES!!!

BUT YOUR INTRODUCTION WAS STILL RUTHLESSLY BRUTAL.

What truth? To show you how stupid Obaseki sounds, the journalist he was telling these crap to, should have asked, When last Mr Governor did you last pay Edo State civil servants with cash? Then he would realize how foolish he sounds. The central bank is trying to mop up currency in circulation, & make transactions more cashless, one stupid Governor is yapping the opposite.
Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by ellagabs(f): 11:37pm On Apr 15, 2021
Terorislam:
1- Local Yoruba Muslims

werey everywhere�

1 Like

Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by Akiara: 11:59pm On Apr 15, 2021
I SAW YOUR RESPONSE TO SOMEONE ELSE AND IGNORED YOUR SHALLOW THINKING...BUT YOU QUOTING ME REALLY GOT ME IRKED. GUY Y??

NO COUNTRY IN THE WORLD HAS ATTAINED A CASHLESS POLICY OF 75% ..LET ALONE AN UNDERDEVELOPED AND OBVIOUSLY MAL-ADMINISTRATED ENTITY LIKE NIGERIA.

FOR SEAMLESS TRANSACTIONS TO BE EFFECTIVELY RUN ..SO MANY FACTORS ARE KEYED INTO THE MIX...AND NIGERIA "OBVIOUSLY" HAS NOT EVEN MET THE 10% MARK.

TINUBU MADE MENTION OF PRINTING MORE MONEY TO BOLSTER THE ECONOMY ..DID HE NOT??... angry angry angry angry angry

SO WHY THE NOISE WHEN ITS OBASEKI

I HATE DOUBLE STANDARDS AND I WANT TO EMPHASIZE THAT I AINT A ZOMBIE AND I HATE BEING TAGGED BY ONE... angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

buckeyemedia:
What truth? To show you how stupid Obaseki sounds, the journalist he was telling these crap to, should have asked, When last Mr Governor did you last pay Edo State civil servants with cash? Then he would realize how foolish he sounds. The central bank is trying to mop up currency in circulation, & make transactions more cashless, one stupid Governor is yapping the opposite.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by Amaechi2023(m): 12:00am On Apr 16, 2021
this is what the govt ought to have done long ago.
money should be relatively scarce and not hyper scarce.
the case of nigeria is beyond imagination.
people are having goods but are unable to sell.
that's not how it should be.
forget what all these online economist are explaining.
infact I encourage the govt to print more cash to empower the masses in developing local productions.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by Akudaisi: 12:02am On Apr 16, 2021
They don't even know the consequences of printing money, guys better start saving your money in other foreign currency and cryptos Naira is officially dead
Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by RuddyFusion(m): 12:06am On Apr 16, 2021
We know already that your earlier position is the truth..,so FG should go and sit down
Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by buckeyemedia: 12:10am On Apr 16, 2021
RuddyFusion:
We know already that your earlier position is the truth..,so FG should go and sit down
A poor man is still a poor man print, or no print, so you are free to believe whatever disinformation you want to, it is your prerogative.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by buckeyemedia: 12:14am On Apr 16, 2021
Akudaisi:
They don't even know the consequences of printing money, guys better start saving your money in other foreign currency and cryptos Naira is officially dead
Let your homeboy spend Naira on your fiancé, & see if she won’t dump your broke ass immediately?
Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by Turantula(m): 12:26am On Apr 16, 2021
buckeyemedia:
Only senseless people will believe this rubbish, in the digital & crypto currency era, of what use is there in printing money? The money on my debit card is a 100x more than the Ghana must go you have in your bedroom, please try & get common sense. You don’t have to print money to transfer money in this age. Gone are the days that you have to pay for everything with cash. Nigeria is trying to go completely cashless, only poor minded people still believe in carrying cash around.
You are probably number 3 or 1 and that list. You see, he was right, YMM
Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 12:34am On Apr 16, 2021
buckeyemedia:

And when you pay salary digitally, how does the salary earner collect the salary at the bank without cash backing ?

Does cashless policy mean cash are no longer in use ?
Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 12:42am On Apr 16, 2021
buckeyemedia:

Does this government operate crypto ?
Does cashless policy mean cash are no longer handled ?

The term they always use after the FEC meetings is that a stated amount was shared as federal allocation.
Ofcourse the Central bank must have the cash to back up the voucher and if they have a shortfall, they have to print money to make up the deficit which must've been the case.
Cashless policy moves money around digitally but it always end up in cash at the point of collection or withdrawal.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by Validated: 4:56am On Apr 16, 2021
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Does this government operate crypto ?
Does cashless policy mean cash are no longer handled ?

The term they always use after the FEC meetings is that a stated amount was shared as federal allocation.
Ofcourse the Central bank must have the cash to back up the voucher and if they have a shortfall, they have to print money to make up the deficit which must've been the case.
Cashless policy moves money around digitally but it always end up in cash at the point of collection or withdrawal.
Do not mind the ZB's. They reason with anuses

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by helinues: 4:57am On Apr 16, 2021
What I am yet to understand is, is it only Obaseki that have knowledge about the printing of the money while other 35 state governors are not aware including Wike
Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by Nobody: 5:57am On Apr 16, 2021
buckeyemedia:

For you to think printing money literally means printing cash to the tune of N60bn loading it in Ghana must go and giving to Governors is really amazing..

More over empty vessels make the most noise on having wealth.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 6:00am On Apr 16, 2021
buckeyemedia:
[s]Only senseless people will believe this rubbish, in the digital & crypto currency era, of what use is there in printing money? The money on my debit card is a 100x more than the Ghana must go you have in your bedroom, please try & get common sense. You don’t have to print money to transfer money in this age. Gone are the days that you have to pay for everything with cash. Nigeria is trying to go completely cashless, only poor minded people still believe in carrying cash around[/s].

1 Like

Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by Nobody: 6:08am On Apr 16, 2021
helinues:
What I am yet to understand is, is it only Obaseki that have knowledge about the printing of the money while other 35 state governors are not aware including Wike

That is why it's good for Governors to be independent and financially sound, the CBN Governor in a video clip exonerated Obaseki.
Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by Akudaisi: 6:14am On Apr 16, 2021
buckeyemedia:
Let your homeboy spend Naira on your fiancé, & see if she won’t dump your broke ass immediately?
ur comment reeks of ogogoro this early morning, just take a look at ur statement

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Stand By My Claim On Govt Printing Of N60bn’ – Obaseki Replies FG by InvestingExpert(m): 9:32am On Apr 16, 2021
Good morning

(1) (Reply)

50 Completed/ongoing Projects By Buhari And Osinbajo In Nigeria Today [PHOTOS] / IPOB: 'why Igbo Leaders Do Not Criticize Separatists' - Okorocha / Sit At Home : Igbos Are Not Almajiri Or Aboki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.