Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Election Reports - There Was Rigging In Some Areas - Share your Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election Reports - There Was Rigging In Some Areas - Share your Report (864 Views)

US Embassy Alleges Massive Rigging In Rivers, Akwa Ibom / Evidence Of Election Rigging In Akwa Ibom Presented To The Public (PICTURES) / Washington Apparently In Support Of GEJ Re Election Reports Yahoo News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Election Reports - There Was Rigging In Some Areas - Share your Report by tunene: 10:56am On Apr 20, 2011
PLEASE MARK THE TITLE, U ARE EXPECTED TO SHARE YOUR REPORTS OF RIGGING. IF YOU BELIEVE THERE WAS NO RIGGING, YOU DO NOT NEED TO SHARE ANYTHING OR EVEN COMMENT.

Before I share my report, let me say that from what I have seen, Jonathan would have still won if there was no rigging but the winning could have been after a runoff. Jonathan means well but he is in a wrong party.
Jonathan used all the available avenues to campaign and he started early. Whether we made empty promises like building airports everywhere (as if that is what we need) or that is used state funds, is not what I aim to discuss here.

I remember the days of Obasanjo when proclaimed he was fighting corruption, it was just a tool to fight his enemies. Usually whatever our government proclaimed so loudly to the international community, they end up doing the opposite but state that they have achieved what they set out to do by bojuboju or okoronjo.

Jonathan said he will give a free, fair and credible election, I am sorry he didn't,he is celebrating that he did. Also, I do not see the reason why he is condemning other elections and glorify this one when we know they was massive rigging in a lot of places.

HERE IS MY REPORT:

In the Port Harcourt (where I stay) the story is terrible. You need to be on the street. Matters was made worse as no TV not evenĀ  the local ones told us what happened in Port Harcourt.

Here is a bit of what happened in Port Harcourt (this is a report from what I saw and what a fellow who was an INEC official told me)

- In some polling stations around Elelewon and Eleme, voters were intimidated to vote for PDP or leave the polling Boothe
- On Abuloma road, some people presented money (1000, 1500, 2000, 3000) and told the voters, thump print for PDP and we give u the said amount. In this polling stations, there was nothing like secret ballot, people stand by you to thumb print.
- Another case happened in Okrika (reported by the Inec fellow) - here was no need to vote as the ballot boxes had been stuff with papers. He informed me that the people who stuffed the paper were even wise enough to thumb print about 800 for PDP, 2 for ACN, 1 for ANPP, etc. I cant imagine they would do that may be to satisfy their conscience (that is if they have got one).

- Also, in PH, I was thinking the rigging was done at the collation centres but I was informed that the rigging was done at the polling centres. All there did was estimate (by counting) the number of voters who came to vote, calculate the remaining who have not come to vote and sometimes take 80 to 90% of the remaining and then somebody thumb prints for PDP.

As for the North, eg Sokoto, that Goodluck had 36% of the votes is impossible. I once lived in that state and I know it's formations.

(MAY BE THIS IS FREE AND FAIR)

South East and some part of the North (my analysis):

Several states had a turnout of about 80+%, this is impossible.

In most of these states especially Imo, it was reported that there was low turnout of voter, how come we had 87% turnout. This is false. If this was done on the premise that power would go to the south east in 2015, then I think we should think twice, this only represent a promise fro Jonathan and not the true reflection can happen in this country.

Also in several states in the South east and south south, Abia, Anambra, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, 98 -99% was for PDP, I do not believe this. If for nothing at all, is it only indigenes that leave in this states, even all the indigenes cannot vote for PDP - let us be realistic.

I remember vividly, that so many people could not register at places close to their residence, so register at their workplaces while so many others register at any convenient centre, and yet we are saying 85% of the registered voters voted and of this 98% voted for PDP. We can learn from the case of Lagos, Ekiti, Osun, Sokoto where only less than 40% of the registered voters voted.

For me I think 50% of the registered voters voting, is about ideal, 80+ is a fraud.

FOR HEAVEN SAKE, THE LAST ELECTION WAS A FRAUD.
Yes there was a fraud but that shouldn't have brough violence but it is a pity that is the language of our brothers up North.
Re: Election Reports - There Was Rigging In Some Areas - Share your Report by okosodo: 11:05am On Apr 20, 2011
This is what joblessness can cause
Re: Election Reports - There Was Rigging In Some Areas - Share your Report by Lagosboy: 11:11am On Apr 20, 2011
Thanks OP for your insights. Well done for the reports
Re: Election Reports - There Was Rigging In Some Areas - Share your Report by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 20, 2011
@op thanks for the info. Now that we know go ahead and send it to ur nat'l Chairman, Trony M*m*. Only a Jobless man, lacking initiative like you can write rubbish. Hear say.
Re: Election Reports - There Was Rigging In Some Areas - Share your Report by tunene: 2:22pm On Apr 20, 2011
Hahaha, jobless! hmm

Nairalanders! You will not take the truth and stop insulting.
Re: Election Reports - There Was Rigging In Some Areas - Share your Report by Nadanbata: 2:35pm On Apr 20, 2011
These NairaLanders are blinded by ethnicity. They dont want to hear anything about the obvious rigging because their boy (GEJ) won. Personally I have nothing agaisnt him but that his party PDP is the definition of corruption. There is no election in the world where a guy will take 99.86% of the vote and you seee turnout 80%+. At least if you going to RIG do so reasonably and sensibly, dont tell me 40%+ voted GEJ in Sokoto and expect me to believe that.

This election was a run off in which GEJ would probably have edged it. But instead his party produced some JUJU Magic numbers (25% in North states) for him to win outright lols. Now we see SPONTANEOUS(i.e not sanctioned by any leader) violence from angry youths who are tired of PDP, although i condem strongly all attacks on Christians in the North. Blame PDP's ELITES for all that is happening!
Re: Election Reports - There Was Rigging In Some Areas - Share your Report by tunene: 2:54pm On Apr 20, 2011
Thank You Nadanbata,

I believe Jonathan should win, he worked hard, started early with Jonathan and friends both on facebook and in locations around Nigeria. The truth is in this election, there was massive rigging and it was done to favour PDP.

Jonathan or anybody should not come out and tell us there was a free and fair election.
Re: Election Reports - There Was Rigging In Some Areas - Share your Report by sirjec(m): 2:57pm On Apr 20, 2011
@Tunene

In the east, you claim 85% voting was fraud, Pls go and watch the crowd that came out to receive GEJ in the east before you proceed.

In the west, 40% voted, Good. Even in that morning channels carried the report that there was low turnout of voters in the west. They didn't say there was low turnout in the north.

In Ekpan for instance my polling booth where I voted, CAN and other observers were there, the total registered voters are 1130, 1012 voted, PDP had 993, others shared 19. The 19 votes came from northerners.

Niger Delta have been marginalized and had been crying, now they had the opportunity, you expected them not to come out en mass to take it.

SE had also been crying of not being part of government, Jonathan gave them the opportunity, when last did someone from SE grow to a GENERAL let alone being defence head. They supported GEJ who is close to them and has witnessed marginalization. SE had opportunity, they shouldn't take it, huh?

SW had nothing to lose after all they have been the leaders with the north and even few that came out, majority voted ACN while few voted PDP. We understand because it is their regional party so we don't blame them afterall if APGA had a candidate, many would have still voted for APGA.

Now, you want to tell me that there were no international observers not media in the SS and SE or they all closed their eyes. No wonder they say that no matter what you do people must complain.

Well your thread is Off Point as long as no fact in form of videos were present. At least they saw a woman thumb printing during NASS nut no one was seen because suddenly everybody became blind
Re: Election Reports - There Was Rigging In Some Areas - Share your Report by CrudeOil2(m): 3:02pm On Apr 20, 2011
Medicine after death!
Re: Election Reports - There Was Rigging In Some Areas - Share your Report by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 20, 2011
@Tunene
What are going to do about this? should we be organising some egypt style protests?

The political elites are taking the masses as fools.

No other country will stand for what Nigerians let their rulers get away with.

I tire for Nigerian mindset undecided
Re: Election Reports - There Was Rigging In Some Areas - Share your Report by Odunnu: 3:39pm On Apr 20, 2011
@OP, I thought you requested for eye witness news but just like your ilk you went ahead to flood the OP with boring hear say! Gosh!
I voted in the SE and I even volunteered and assumed a local observer status,every where I went to I never saw a PU that had CPC win ACN bele PDP and I didnt hear or see any irregularity.
Re: Election Reports - There Was Rigging In Some Areas - Share your Report by Googler(m): 3:45pm On Apr 20, 2011
tunene:

- Another case happened in Okrika (reported by the Inec fellow) - here was no need to vote as the ballot boxes had been stuff with papers. He informed me that the people who stuffed the paper were even wise enough to thumb print about 800 for PDP, 2 for ACN, 1 for ANPP, etc. I cant imagine they would do that may be to satisfy their conscience (that is if they have got one).
grin grin grin
Re: Election Reports - There Was Rigging In Some Areas - Share your Report by tunene: 4:05pm On Apr 20, 2011
Odunnu:

@OP, I thought you requested for eye witness news but just like your ilk you went ahead to flood the OP with boring hear say! Gosh!
I voted in the SE and I even volunteered and assumed a local observer status,every where I went to I never saw a PU that had CPC win ACN bele PDP and I didnt hear or see any irregularity.

Taken.

Remember, the rigging couldn't have happened everywhere. Just like you have examples of good practices, there are good and there are bad practices. What we should be aware of is that this election was far from free or fair.

(1) (Reply)

Has Tunde Bakare Disobeyed God? / Gov Ikedi Ohakim Flogged 40 Year Old Man In His Office / The Man Governor Ikedi Amajiri Ohakim Flogged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.