Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Wedding Food Palaver - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Wedding Food Palaver (611 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wedding Food Palaver by Ishilove: 10:45am On Apr 17, 2021
Saturdays are for weddings, world over (I think. I know it is in Nigeria). We see very funny things happening in these weddings, especially when it comes to sharing food formular. My friend Andy told me about a friend's wedding he attended some time back. The groom's side had enough to eat and drink, while the bride's guests had only bottled water. And both sides were separated by a big table! Luckily for Andy, he was on the groom's side. grin

Now imagine if one of the bride's guest had gotten up to protest this injustice?

Popular Comedian Samobaba, known for doing hilarious voiceovers in Yoruba language for Bollywood movies painted a scenario in the video below. Absolutely hilarious, I tell you! cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV1ylUbKl5k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wedding Food Palaver by iamyemiakins(m): 11:13am On Apr 17, 2021
Lemme see ur gèlè
Re: Wedding Food Palaver by armadeo(m): 10:28am On Apr 18, 2021
Wlthis phenomenon still baffle me till date

My experience once ....

Had a wedding of a close guy of mine. Argued within ourselves about eating before arriving the venue. Only two persons ate (females), the rest of us were like we must see food chop.

Men food served was wack as hell. See as the girls laugh us that day. I wasnt angry though neither would i have fought if food didnt get to me .after all if he didnt get married that day, i would still eat.

P.s i attend such functions to show my support for the person(s) involved, not for food or drinks.

1 Like

Re: Wedding Food Palaver by Ishilove: 7:22pm On Apr 18, 2021
armadeo:
Wlthis phenomenon still baffle me till date

My experience once ....

Had a wedding of a close guy of mine. Argued within ourselves about eating before arriving the venue. Only two persons ate (females), the rest of us were like we must see food chop.

Men food served was wack as hell. See as the girls laugh us that day. I wasnt angry though neither would i have fought if food didnt get to me .after all if he didnt get married that day, i would still eat.

P.s i attend such functions to show my support for the person(s) involved, not for food or drinks.
I haven't attended a function in like 6 years. I will show my support through the envelope I will send grin
Re: Wedding Food Palaver by Observer007(m): 6:53am On Apr 20, 2021
grin

Any sensible celebrant or host that means well for his/her guests ought to know to make use of an independent manager, party planner or caterer, who would be given strict instructions to serve all guests regardless of how and where they are seated and whether they are wearing the 'aso-ebi' of the day or not.

Why bother inviting all those people if you're going to allow your family and relatives take control of the function of serving guests when it's almost sure that they would impartially favour family and friends they easily identify at the detriment of other guests?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wedding Food Palaver by FatherCHRISTMAS: 6:17am On Jun 03, 2021
Ishilove:

I haven't attended a function in like 6 years. I will show my support through the envelope I will send grin

Good morning Ishilove. Please I sent you a pm

(1) (Reply)

Confusion As Pastor Didn't Allow Deborah Paul-enenche And Sam To Kiss (VIDEO) / Hall Decoration With Chairs Covered For 300 Guest Just N75,000. / Join Us And Let`s Make Impact !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.